Class of 2016 - SG/SF Andrew White (VA; Grad Transfer from Nebraska) | Page 102 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 SG/SF Andrew White (VA; Grad Transfer from Nebraska)

Status
Not open for further replies.
And with this it is time to grant Orange man 13 his All American status admins. Short of seeing his name in a November box score this is now as sure as it gets.
It SHOULD BE the quality of the posts NOT THE quantity. But I'll keep information coming even if my status is Syracuse "application rejected" why? Because I love SU!

Orangeman13 said:
It SHOULD BE the quality of the posts NOT THE quantity. But I'll keep information coming even if my status is Syracuse "application rejected" why? Because I love SU!

See you at a tailgate in the fall. Thanks O13!

Let's just assume that White to SU is a fait accompli, as orangeman13 and Jake are reporting.

Taking a step back and looking at our roster--we are freaking loaded. Every one on the two deep--all 10 guys--can play. No holes whatsoever this year. Depth, an embarrassment of size, versatility, shooting, passing, shotblocking.

It's going to be a fun year...

Let's just assume that White to SU is a fait accompli, as orangeman13 and Jake are reporting.

Taking a step back and looking at our roster--we are freaking loaded. Every one on the two deep--all 10 guys--can play. No holes whatsoever this year. Depth, an embarrassment of size, versatility, shooting, passing, shotblocking.

Absolutely. Which is amazing considering at one point there were rumors of Lydon, Roberson and Mali all leaving, and us only bringing in Battle and Moyer- many thought (me included) this might be our weakest year since like 2009. Since then we kept Lydon, Robey and DC2; added Gillon, TT, and AW3. This has been our best offseason in years

There are two camps here, the defenders and the skeptics, and I think both camps have the integrity of the board in mind. The defenders want to protect anyone who posts information and are willing to give them every benefit of the doubt. Makes perfect sense, they want to encourage people to share information and for this forum to be considered a safe space. The skeptics, on the other hand, want to ensure that all intel is good intel. Given that SU is home to Newhouse, this also makes a lot of sense. They don't want this board to be the National Enquirer.

The thing I don't understand about the skeptics is the questioning of info when they have zero sources themselves. What on earth are they basing the skepticism off of?

The thing I don't understand about the skeptics is the questioning of info when they have zero sources themselves. What on earth are they basing the skepticism off of?
Trolls gonna troll, simple as that.
jQ1gM.gif

I did, and it got me nowhere.
Participated in the Wave at the Dome, and got called a Nazi.
The problem is that after you gave your "left arm for a 6:1 Tee ratio," your wave looked like a Nazi salute. Do it at home, you'll see what I mean.

Minutes and style of play. AW gets more freedom to do his thing with Jim while Izzo runs sets and plays for specific situations and players . At MSU AW could be in the game for 4 to 6 minutes before he gets a good look by design rather than on his own.

Don't forget about Llandz, she's been spot on too.

Well, it sounds like you're just boiling it down to expected playing time. Nothing new there.

So, what do you make of the alledged 2g guarantee?

Well I'd be reasonably certain JB didn't guarantee AWIII that he would start and play 35 minutes per game at 2 guard.

But could he have been made a guarantee that he would start and separately that he would be given some time at 2 guard? Absolutely...there is time available at the position. Even if his ball handling isn't up to the standards that we would typically like to see at the 2 or he has trouble defending and keeping guards out of the lane, there will be situations in most every game where we could get away with him at the 2. Things don't tend to be as black and white as everyone wants to try to make them.

Last edited:

^^^^Completely agree RF...now it will be interesting to see how all the new pieces mix together...hope Coach B is part chef because he has a ton of ingredients to mix just right...really looking forward to see who takes leadership role on this team...I would love to see Lydon take some of that both on off court...same with Gillon...Will be interesting to see how Battle, White and Gillon handle learning B's zone concepts as well...hopefully those elements fall into place...without exception we have the talent...Go Cuse!

^^^^Completely agree RF...now it will be interesting to see how all the new pieces mix together...hope Coach B is part chef because he has a ton of ingredients to mix just right...really looking forward to see who takes leadership role on this team...I would love to see Lydon take some of that both on off court...same with Gillon...Will be interesting to see how Battle, White and Gillon handle learning B's zone concepts as well...hopefully those elements fall into place...without exception we have the talent...Go Cuse!
You've hit upon what I think is one of the big imponderables of next season--how well and how quickly will all of the new guys pick up the SU zone?

We could be a lot like the 09-10's team. Only with White imagine adding another shooter to that team as we are near a push now. Reguardless our jump-shooting inside the arc will be better imo, but we can really use White hes a perfect fit.

We will go another two players .5 deep giving us 9 players, and 10 with White. 09-10 went 9 deep with two .5's.
The pg case will be close and that was our best penetrating guard lineup in the last 20 years.
White would be like that top Christmas Gift underneath a spoiled Christmas Tree.

That doesn't make sense. You can't ask a question if you don't have a source?

You can ask a question, but people typically can't go into much detail on sources. Either trust them or don't, but criticizing based on no conflicting info is really strange behavior.

As is Trusting without confirming info. Insider Intel is a lot like religion. Faith-based, for people who really want to believe.

You can ask a question, but people typically can't go into much detail on sources. Either trust them or don't, but criticizing based on no conflicting info is really strange behavior.
Yet some of the defenders will do the same thing if it's coming from someone outside of this board and unaffiliated with SU. Take the MSU blogger, for example. Or Rothstein. Or someone on Twitter or a recruiting site. They're scrutinized and criticized all the time.

Do I have to project the tournament field before I can criticize Lunardi? Do I need my own radio show to go off on Gottlieb? Come on now, we're New York's college team. Toughen up.

Yet some of the defenders will do the same thing if it's coming from someone outside of this board and unaffiliated with SU. Take the MSU blogger, for example. Or Rothstein. Or someone on Twitter or a recruiting site. They're scrutinized and criticized all the time.

Do I have to project the tournament field before I can criticize Lunardi? Do I need my own radio show to go off on Gottlieb? Come on now, we're New York's college team. Toughen up.
I thought this thread was about the AW recruitment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom