Class of 2016 - SG/SF Andrew White (VA; Grad Transfer from Nebraska) | Page 140 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 SG/SF Andrew White (VA; Grad Transfer from Nebraska)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they're wrong, there should be some sort of financial penalty for their messing about with our little minds. They should have to reimburse us for our Pay Side subscriptions.

wrong about what?

I will say 2 things.

1) If White does indeed have the academic resources or whatever lined up by the coaches, that doesn't mean he HAS to come, he could absolutely have a change of heart
2) Whether White comes or not, I really appreciate O13 (and other insiders) are share their information here. It makes everything more exciting . The last thing that should happen on this board is people taking shots at people who are right or wrong by using their sources. We all know who has connections and who doesn't. When bees, Dasher, Jake, O13, etc all claim something, I believe them and even if they're wrong sometimes, they have a proven track record and I think it's silly to criticize them for sharing something, because they don't have to.

Keep doing what you're doing guys. AW3 or not, we will be a good team next year

I will say 2 things.

1) If White does indeed have the academic resources or whatever lined up by the coaches, that doesn't mean he HAS to come, he could absolutely have a change of heart
2) Whether White comes or not, I really appreciate O13 (and other insiders) are share their information here. It makes everything more exciting . The last thing that should happen on this board is people taking shots at people who are right or wrong by using their sources. We all know who has connections and who doesn't. When bees, Dasher, Jake, O13, etc all claim something, I believe them and even if they're wrong sometimes, they have a proven track record and I think it's silly to criticize them for sharing something, because they don't have to.

Keep doing what you're doing guys. AW3 or not, we will be a good team next year

:)

Dave85 said:
My vote is with JimJar, Tee, General20, and Francis.

I didn't mean that they are the only ones that make this place great. There are at least a dozen more that are great and everyone contributes in some way, great or small. I was just expressing my appreciation toward them for their recent information regarding the White recruitment.

All should gather their own information from as many sources as possible. Then pray that which ever way the " intel" leans is towards SU.

Several years ago, my daughter's boyfriend was at Milford Academy (Football prep powerhouse- most of us know). He told me directly about SU recruiting a few players. I made a slight mention and was BLASTED by a "board expert" that told me all players at Milford were spoken for...blah blah blah,. He was dead wrong in this case. I didn't post for a while because opf it. Boyfriend left Milford...no mo inside info.

Without giving too much away, my son's grad school buddy's firm was in on Dome roof renovations, etc. ......he told me info long b4 public stuff started leaking out. I just talked with friends but kept it off here because of the source and potential negativity from the 'need to know" crowd.

At this time, I'm flat out of connections and intel on anything...lol Just my opinion, don't attack posters who give a little info. Search around and see which way the wind is blowing for these kid's recruitment and hope for ORANGE.

Let the info flow....Recruiting adds a whole other season of sports for me.

Some of the funniest stuff I ever read on here were the reasons why Robert Washington wasn't coming and what people "heard", and knowing exactly the reason why. Point is people hear a lot of different things .

Last edited:
Not sure about you guys, but this whole situation smells like some bad fish. Specifically, hookers dressed in red and some guy in blue that sells fried squid. ;)

"Hey, kid. I'll name a horse after you."

"Hey, kid, let me introduce you to your future agent."

Wasn't that towards the end, though? I remember someone saying something about Calipari and a duffel bag and how that changed everything.
That is typical Cal and UK, the ole bidding war. How do you think the Harrison Twins ended up at UK instead of UM.

Not sure about you guys, but this whole situation smells like some bad fish. Specifically, hookers dressed in red and some guy in blue that sells fried squid. ;)

"Hey, kid. I'll name a horse after you."

"Hey, kid, let me introduce you to your future agent."
Pete, you nailed it (although hopefully not). Day old calamari always smells bad. Let's hope there is none hanging around.

Here's a thought...maybe he's considering going pro? D-League or overseas? If helping his pro prospects is the objective behind the transfer, maybe he's figured that another year in school and being another year older won't help him that much. We all know how much a few years age difference can mean to your draft position and the widely held perception of your "potential." He may be thinking that it might be time to start earning some dough while I can? Now if he wants to lay the foundation a post-basketball career with a graduate degree, that's a different story. We haven't heard so much about that angle, though.

Here's a thought...maybe he's considering going pro? D-League or overseas? If helping his pro prospects is the objective behind the transfer, maybe he's figured that another year in school and being another year older won't help him that much. We all know how much a few years age difference can mean to your draft position and the widely held perception of your "potential." He may be thinking that it might be time to start earning some dough while I can? Now if he wants to lay the foundation a post-basketball career with a graduate degree, that's a different story. We haven't heard so much about that angle, though.
I feel that the window to make that decision has passed. Could he still go overseas? Sure. But if decided to declare for the draft and stay in it, chances are he would have got a Summer League invite and a chance to prove himself; with the summer league over his best bet to make money now is go overseas. Gbinjie proved last year that while age matters, you can still get drafted if you are older. If White goes to Syracuse, averages 14/6/2, shoots 43% from 3 and has a few big games in the NCAA tournament, he will get drafted. If he goes overseas now, it will be much harder to come back in a year and try to make the NBA

Wasn't that towards the end, though? I remember someone saying something about Calipari and a duffel bag and how that changed everything.

That always say that when coach cal gets a recruit

Sure, things could change but he's been assigned resources from SU.

I'll post again once his commitment is public. I don't need or want negativity on my Saturday afternoon when all I'm doing is sharing what I'm sure you want to know.

I'll talk to you when the sun shines in Syracuse!
Good call, man. You've said all you can say. Unless something changes and you get more intel, there's no point in doing anything except letting it play out.

Seems like we may have it a lull. Only 8 replies to beat Battle's thread. And 369 more to take TT's thread. I believe that today is only Day 29 of the AW3 thread. Crazy!
To me it shows that people realize how important and significant he could be to this season. All this team really needs to be covered in virtually every area is a shooter. Shows how smart cuse fans are lol.

Not sure if this was ever put up. Just a little piece from when white transferred to Nebraska.

man·tra
ˈmantrə/
noun
  1. (originally in Hinduism and Buddhism) a word or sound repeated to aid concentration in meditation.
    • a Vedic hymn.
    • a statement or slogan repeated frequently.
This thread is full of Orange BB recruiting mantras.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom