Class of 2016 - SG/SF Andrew White (VA; Grad Transfer from Nebraska) | Page 166 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 SG/SF Andrew White (VA; Grad Transfer from Nebraska)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me say this. Someone is going to have to be a team player so AW comes here and the word is someone is willing not to start. And my understanding is that Battle starts and Lydon comes off the bench playing significant minutes.

This team understands a chance at a national title is on the line.

Let me say this. Someone is going to have to be a team player so AW comes here and the word is someone is willing not to start. And my understanding is that Battle starts and Lydon comes off the bench playing significant minutes.

I can see lydon coming off the bench and it makes sense. He got used to it last year and was a great 6th man. I think he'll def play start minutes but now with him coming in for either Roberson white or gillion it will provide the team with more flexibility and also light a fire under the current starters to play hard and disciplined or risk being yanked early. Roberson better be plugged in because I can see the scenario where his mins go down because of this

Gillion white robey Lydon Colman

Or

Gillion battle white robey Coleman.

Risk the chance starting battle and him blowing up and getting nba in his mind, or bring him off the bench and not get all that hype...? I guess it's a good problem to have.
And also have him for another year maybe...?

Some have suggested Battle was promised a starting role. Perhaps, but regardless a lot of solid posters here are adamant he will be starting.

If Lydon willingly steps up and volunteers to be "6th man," he will cement one heck of a legend here when all is said and done.

Which is the ultimate goal.

Great to hear--after getting a taste of the F4 last year, I'm glad to hear the returnees are eager for more.

Which, if true , begs the question: who will play backside of zone as a starter? White or Battle? I would think White unless he has demanded to be top of zone in addition to wanting to start

Which, if true , begs the question: who will play backside of zone as a starter? White or Battle? I would think White unless he has demanded to be top of zone in addition to wanting to start

Think it'll be battle. He's noted for his tenacity on D and white doesn't have the best lateral quickness

Some have suggested Battle was promised a starting role. Perhaps, but regardless a lot of solid posters here are adamant he will be starting.

If Lydon willingly steps up and volunteers to be "6th man," he will cement one heck of a legend here when all is said and done.
My understanding is that this is how it will play out.

I'm hearing it will be Lydon...

No way do I see lydon at the top of the zone. If we are really gonna get out and run we would want battle there to catch the outlet pass/long rebounds and use his speed with the ball to start the break and get a lot of easy transition buckets...if you mean lydon off the bench than yes I agree

Taking all this at face value - which I do: all I can say is, this better work because I think this type of maneuvering is not going to play very well on the recruiting circuit. A guy like Lydon losing out on a starting position after being a critical contributor to a Final Four because we brought in an 11th hour fifth-year ? Boy any team recruiting against us for a player could go for miles with that. If it is Battle that doesn't start - the recruiting impacts could be even worse. We are gunning for some serious A-list talent in 17 and those guys, I have a strong feeling, they ain't gonna play around if they think this could happen to them.

No way do I see lydon at the top of the zone. If we are really gonna get out and run we would want battle there to catch the outlet pass/long rebounds and use his speed with the ball to start the break and get a lot of easy transition buckets...if you mean lydon off the bench than yes I agree
I mean Lydon coming off the bench.

have believed O13 from the getgo, but it's nonetheless strange that AW (despite theories floated above) remains uncommitted
I am not convinced its a done deal. Ie if AW demands to start and play big mins in top of zone. Ie as a 2. Does JB say yes? Who knows but its possible that is part of indecision

That sounds like trouble because as we all know, someone will have to sit at the end of games.

I am not convinced its a done deal. Ie if AW demands to start and play mins in top of zone. Does JB say yes. Who knows but its possible that is part of indecision

Again in light of my last post - maybe the hold up is JB deciding if he really wants this deal. It has a chance to backfire quite seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom