Class of 2016 - SG/SF Andrew White (VA; Grad Transfer from Nebraska) | Page 168 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 SG/SF Andrew White (VA; Grad Transfer from Nebraska)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow I state that a poster is getting on my nerves and BAM 380 posts since the last time I checked in.

Look I have nothing against Orangman13. He has provided some excellent inside information on the recruitment of both TT and Andrew White. This information is also on the pay sight on a different forum run by a recruiting service that begins with the letter S and ends in the letter T.

In a couple of post early on in the TT thread 13 said he should be promoted to All American because of the information he provided. That came off to me as arrogant and smug. Yesterday in post before I posted that he was getting on my nerves he was boosting how he was going to be right again.

People get on my nerves everyday I just happen to be an out spoken ass who tell people the truth. Grand Torrino style. Get off my lawn!

Their was no need for the personal attack on me that were launched on me by 13. They were very immature and uncalled for. Mine may have been uncalled for and Immature as well based on who you ask. I can live with that

No for some inside information from two inside sources as close to the situation as you can get. I know for a fact that Red is very frustrated with White and is NOT sure where we stand with him. Red might lie about White already committing but he wouldn't lie about being frustrated. If you know what I mean. I think we probably get White, but it is no lock. It's not a done deal. It's not 100% and the kid hasn't committed to the coaches.

Wow I state that a poster is getting on my nerves and BAM 380 posts since the last time I checked in.

Look I have nothing against Orangman13. He has provided some excellent inside information on the recruitment of both TT and Andrew White. This information is also on the pay sight on a different forum run by a recruiting service that begins with the letter S and ends in the letter T.

In a couple of post early on in the TT thread 13 said he should be promoted to All American because of the information he provided. That came off to me as arrogant and smug. Yesterday in post before I posted that he was getting on my nerves he was boosting how he was going to be right again.

People get on my nerves everyday I just happen to be an out spoken ass who tell people the truth. Grand Torrino style. Get off my lawn!

Their was no need for the personal attack on me that were launched on me by 13. They were very immature and uncalled for. Mine may have been uncalled for and Immature as well based on who you ask. I can live with that

No for some inside information from two inside sources as close to the situation as you can get. I know for a fact that Red is very frustrated with White and is NOT sure where we stand with him. Red might lie about White already committing but he wouldn't lie about being frustrated. If you know what I mean. I think we probably get White, but it is no lock. It's not a done deal. It's not 100% and the kid hasn't committed to the coaches.
A fifth year senior frustrating a key coach, not exactly what i want to hear. But i get it, this is a unique situation and yet another reason why the whole 5th year transfer thing is seen as awkward.

What is White waiting for ? Unless he is considering another school or not playing college hoops next year , neither of which I am suggesting , I don't understand the reason for the ongoing delay. I doubt he is taking three weeks or whatever debating between us and MSU.

What is White waiting for ? Unless he is considering another school or not playing college hoops next year , neither of which I am suggesting , I don't understand the reason for the ongoing delay. I doubt he is taking three weeks or whatever debating between us and MSU.
This is why the 5th year transfers are being compared to the freshmen one and dones. Its not about going to a school for 4 years, getting an education and then figuring out during the process what you will do professionally. There may be more usery in these one and done situations. Ie SU wants to win a title and the stud freshmen or fifth year senior want assurances that they will be showcased in the best possible way for their nba audition (and of course you hope the young man wants to win a title too). Who knows

If figuring out who's role is what is really the issue, I don't see how Lydon not starting solves anything.

JB is going to be itching to get him in the game the first time someone in the game fumbles a pass.

Anyway you look at it someone's going to get less time and it's not Lydon.

That's a good point. If Lydon doesn't start, it will be like Kevin McHale not starting for the Celtics for several years back in the 80s. He still managed to find his way on the court.

Incidentally, it's a sad world when I google Kevin McHale and I have to look at that dork from Glee instead of the one I want the information about.

My information is that it is the same fiance. She is committed to O 13, but there is a holdup which I can't discuss.

onDay'tay ovokepray imhay.

Just for clarification, I believe someone said this needed to be wrapped up by 8/1. I think thats when he must be enrolled in a grad program at SU? Is that true?

Mal played a NBA 2 guard in our offense all year; defense didn't really matter because we play zone...

I really hate the argument our players do not know how to play M2M defense. In many ways, playing our 2-3 zone forces our players to have better conditioning and reflexes. Anyone can play man. It's not like in our 2-3 zone players do not match up with other players. It happens all the time. There are constantly 1-on-1 matches on defense. The whole idea that our players can't play defense in the NBA is pure BS.

I really hate the argument our players do not know how to play M2M defense. In many ways, playing our 2-3 zone forces our players to have better conditioning and reflexes. Anyone can play man. It's not like in our 2-3 zone players do not match up with other players. It happens all the time. There are constantly 1-on-1 matches on defense. The whole idea that our players can't play defense in the NBA is pure BS.

Our players in the NBA are almost across the board mediocre to poor defenders.

I mean who was the last SU guy known for good D? Jason Hart?

docsu said:
Our players in the NBA are almost across the board mediocre to poor defenders.

I mean who was the last SU guy known for good D? Jason Hart?

And Etan.

Mal played a NBA 2 guard in our offense all year; defense didn't really matter because we play zone...
The offense can vary from possession to possession and I'm not sure what difference the 2 and 3 (and sometimes 4?) positions make on that side of the ball in Boeheim's system anyway.

So then we can all agree that White is going to be strictly playing the 3 position on defense? And all of this "White will play the 2" talk is strictly when the Orange have possession of the basketball?

This information is also on the pay sight on a different forum run by a recruiting service that begins with the letter S and ends in the letter T.
Wait a second. Has there been information on this other site throughout AW3's recruitment?

There are quite a few teams that switch on just about every screen, uk did it a lot last year against top teams. Is switching off just about every screen strict man to man? Nope and neither is zone obviously. But people dont complain about those guys not being able to play defense

The offense can vary from possession to possession and I'm not sure what difference the 2 and 3 (and sometimes 4?) positions make on that side of the ball in Boeheim's system anyway.

So then we can all agree that White is going to be strictly playing the 3 position on defense? And all of this "White will play the 2" talk is strictly when the Orange have possession of the basketball?
Good point, but i think what i am wondering, is White asking to play top of zone when he comes to SU? Who knows but its not out of the realm of possibility that he wants to defend guards next year. I saw him being matched up against a lot of 4s last year at Neb. I dont imagine that helped his draft stock as a wing, esp if he wants to be drafted as a 2

... Who was drafted in Hart's class.

Though I forgot MCW.. That's a pretty good example.
Yeah, not too many known for defense. But, I think blaming the zone is too easy. Most of the guys that we have gotten to the league lately, have been one or two year players. I hardly think that one to two years playing zone makes you a bad defender.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom