Class of 2016 - SG/SF Andrew White (VA; Grad Transfer from Nebraska) | Page 55 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 SG/SF Andrew White (VA; Grad Transfer from Nebraska)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best lead guard on the roster. Battle @ 2. White @3.

Tons of size to run n' gun.

This is a huge pickup!!!

But you want the best returning player and likely lottery pick to come off the bench? And not just coming off the bench but doing it behind two of Roberson, Coleman, Chukwu all so you can keep Gillon in the starting line up. I think Gillon will be great whether he starts or not but Lydon needs to be a starter.

We're not going to start a backcourt consisting of a freshman combo guard and a guy who is a great shooter but averaged 0.5 assists per game last year. If we do, it'll change fast, like in 1989-90 when we started out with Stevie Thompson/Billy Owens bringing the ball up and ended up with Michael Edwards starting.

Boeheim doesn't normally bench returning starters, but his comment that he wouldn't have even played Roberson if he had any other option makes me think Boeheim sees an asterisk next to Roberson as a returning starter.

Agree 100%.

We're not going to start a freshman combo guard and a guy who is a great shooter but averaged 0.5 assists per game last year. If we do, it'll change fast, like in 1989-90 when we started out with Stevie Thompson/Billy Owens bringing the ball up and ended up with Michael Edwards starting.

Boeheim doesn't normally bench returning starters, but his comment that he wouldn't have even played Roberson if he had any other option makes me think Boeheim sees an asterisk next to Roberson as a returning starter.
Even tho i predict Gillon, Battle, White, Robe, DC start....what you just said is how i kinda see it. Ie I could just as easily say Gillon, Battle, White, Lydon, DC (or PC)

Cant go wrong any way!

I can tell you that White will be wearing orange. Enjoy your weekend
Minions10_zpsdd28ca77.gif

Lydon
White
Battle
Roberson
Gillon
PC
Moyer
DC
Howard

That's a legitimate 9 player rotation. I think Roberson will be the guy who has to fight for the most time but judging by his rebounds percentage and the improvement of his mid range game, it's going to be hard to keep him off the court as well.

Lydon
White
Battle
Roberson
Gillon
PC
Moyer
DC
Howard

That's a legitimate 9 player rotation. I think Roberson will be the guy who has to fight for the most time but judging by his rebounds percentage and the improvement of his mid range game, it's going to be hard to keep him off the court as well.

oops TT

Last edited:
I still think JB gives the seniors the honor of starting so Gillon, White, Lydon, Roberson, DC2 start.

Game finishers are AW2, Lydon, and Battle all the time. Roberson/Gillon depending on game flow and what we need at the end, and DC2/PC depending on who's playing better that night.

> Go to the Final 4 as a 10 seed
> Lose your best player - a 5th YR Grad student PG who lead the team in points and assists and who plays 35+mpg
> Lose your SG - a 5th YR Grad student who basically never came out of the game the last 3 years
> Lose your SF - a freshman who ends up going in the 1st round who you thought would be staying for at least 2 years
> End up losing your 3 players who played the most minutes - returning only 4 players from last year - 2 of whom never scored, 1 of whom could barely scratch double digits, and the other who was a freshman
> Only get 1 top 50 recruit
> STILL WILL END UP BEING A TOP 10 TEAM OMG JB HOW DO YOU DO IT

wholl be the finishers in close game though! Not DC
Why? Think of the difference in the mid between last November and April.
Now, with a full off season to work on his game, and not rehab, I think DC will be great this year.
Add in being his last off season, being done with undergrad and his work to graduate in 4 years, and I think folks are sleeping on DC.

Why? Think of the difference in the mid between last November and April.
Now, with a full off season to work on his game, and not rehab, I think DC will be great this year.
Add in being his last off season, being done with undergrad and his work to graduate in 4 years, and I think folks are sleeping on DC.

I think Dc will be a lot better than people think, but when the game is on the line, I think Jb goes with the 7'2 shot blocker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom