Class of 2016 - SG/SF Andrew White (VA; Grad Transfer from Nebraska) | Page 57 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 SG/SF Andrew White (VA; Grad Transfer from Nebraska)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is as deep a team as I can remember since back when I used to do depth charts instead of listening in class back in middle school in the late 80s. Now I do them online and instead of talking to myself, I'm talking to 100s of other anonymous people.

AW3 @ small forward does not make us a difference maker on the national scene, he has to play/be effective @ guard...
Pg- Battle
Sg- AW3
Sf- Lydon
Pf- DC2
C- Pikachu
Is our money lineup...
The DC2 at pf gaffe overshadows your nonsense of "AW3 @ small forward does not make us a difference maker". Our playable roster prior to AW3 includes 3 guards, 2 pf's, and 2 centers.

We lost the top 2 sfs from last year Mal and G.

We desperately need a sf, a Mal replacement. AW3 fits the bill.

Yeah. It does bother me (a little) that the kids who committed to us from the beginning might be 'stepped over' by one year 'mercenaries,' but in the interest of the team, ya gotta do what ya gotta do. That's also said having never seen Gillon or White in our uniform, against our competition yet.

This is a point worth stressing. Folks are putting the cart before the horse here. Boeheim grabbed some hired guns because of a numbers problem but that doesn't necessarily mean that he's going to turn the whole armory over to them. I think White is going to play big minutes, no question about it, just for his shooting ability. He could be absolutely mediocre at everything else and it wouldn't matter. Gillon, I've got no idea how good this kid is. Colorado State to Syracuse is a big jump. A bigger jump than Nebraska to Syracuse. There might be few options at the point but let's see how he does. I'm not sure why people assume a promise to start was made to get him here. Recruiting is a two way street. SU is a big name coming off a final four with a short roster. Lots of kids would jump at that, promise or no promise.

Pf- DC2

Is our money lineup...
200_s.gif

The DC2 at pf gaffe overshadows your nonsense of "AW3 @ small forward does not make us a difference maker". Our playable roster prior to AW3 includes 3 guards, 2 pf's, and 2 centers.

We lost the top 2 sfs from last year Mal and G.

We desperately need a sf, a Mal replacement. AW3 fits the bill.
We might get away with AW3 @ wing if whatever guard rotation this year will be as good as G and Cooney... Think that's likely?

This is as deep a team as I can remember since back when I used to do depth charts instead of listening in class back in middle school in the late 80s. Now I do them online and instead of talking to myself, I'm talking to 100s of other anonymous people.

Agreed, we look to be loaded. Last time that I felt we were legit 10 deep was 2012.

Scoop, Triche, Joseph, Fair, Melo, MCW, Waiters, Southerland, Christmas, Keita. All those guys could play.

White fills a bunch of holes...a SF, backcourt depth if needed, and another 3 point shooter. We appear to have all bases covered.

Only kid that could have beef is Howard about being stepped over. TT and Moyer might get pushed to the back burner this year, but next year, as sophs, they'll get plenty of PT. DC can't play 40mpg anyway, so adding PC was necessary. Roberson will get as much as PT as he wants - if he is a beast on the boards and is solid offensively, there is no chance JB takes him out besides to get a quick rest. Lydon will get plenty of PT, so will Battle.

Howard probably got screwed by White + Gillon, but I don't think anyone else has been "stepped" over

Agreed, mostly. I was considering Howard and Lydon if Lydon doesn't start. I hear you all, re: the 'title' of starter not being important. But, to a player, it just is. To the parents and friends of the player, it just is. And in general—Dion excepted—it matters toward getting drafted. Bottom line is Wins, but allow me some empathy for the kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom