Class of 2016 - SG/SF Andrew White (VA; Grad Transfer from Nebraska) | Page 73 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 SG/SF Andrew White (VA; Grad Transfer from Nebraska)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright folks, I have caught up and am logging off before anyone besides Digger gets bitter. I really don't know anything about AW3 that I didnt know before those 15 or so pages, other than tidbits from Jake and Flacusian, so this effort was mostly a labor of love.

I fast forwarded this passed all the cussin and directly to the one line I want to deliver:

A very poor mans hunter

Like my signature says, even though it's not totally attributable to being poor. I've made a choice about being straight edge for a bit, no caffeine even(some Kava Kava though, to remember my days on the islands).

If/when I decide to get back in the saddle again, I will accept donations if you wish to help me rise from the ashes of sobriety to my former levels.

But for now... Jesus did say, "Blessed are the poor". I mean, if AW3 were a very poor man's John Starks, I would be satisfied!

Edit: How about a moderately poor man's Bill Walton? Like I was telling a certain ***, I actually don't mind having a handler and think it may be constructive.

Last edited:
with all the coverage all major schools get...and playing the role of the alpha dog already at such a school...I dont understand how transferring to Syracuse and becoming a role player on a college team is going to improve his draft prospects? This is a very homerish train of thought.

Scouts will find a kid in Congo and draft him if he has the skills, but a kid from the big XII has to transfer to Syracuse to get noticed?

with all the coverage all major schools get...and playing the role of the alpha dog already at such a school...I dont understand how transferring to Syracuse and becoming a role player on a college team is going to improve his draft prospects? This is a very homerish train of thought.

Scouts will find a kid in Congo and draft him if he has the skills, but a kid from the big XII has to transfer to Syracuse to get noticed?
No but you can create a buzz by performing well on a big stage. If we don't make the tourney last year I don't think there's a chance mali goes in the first round. He basically turned a great half against Virginia and turned it into millions of guaranteed dollars. AW3 had a couple huge game last year for nebraska and, nobody cared. But at cuse he'll have chances against #1 Duke, UNC, Virginia again etc... and then a shot at a deep tourney run that he is unlikely to get at any of the other schools chasing him.

I think even by the rules of THIS forum, you cannot trademark a comment that was made 120 posts earlier.

I hear you, but in case anyone isnt aware, I obviously hadn't seen that someone had beaten me by a couple of hours when I posted that. I didn't intend any infringement!!

More and more, this board reminds me of this song:

Makes sense, but the young man worked out predraft for 4-5 nba teams, would assume he got feedback from them, and now he appears to be acting on that feedback. Hope he gets what he is looking for

I don't think this kid has a great shot at sticking in the NBA. Someone may take a flyer on him in the second round and he does have an NBA level skill in shooting but I'm not sure if that's enough. Big10 BTW

Ok CaptainJ you posted plenty the last five pages and read the whole thread .. . . . . . . .
soooooooo I just have to know:

What position do you think White will play?
Who's in the starting line-up?
Who's in the closing line-up?

And most importantly how many pages will this thread go? :)

I didn't mean to come off like an assh*le, but I have one good thought in my life, please let it fester in peace.

Ha, it's all good. The thing is, this post applies to how I feel as well. Relax, I'll let it fester now. Uncle Fester. I'm the board jester.

I don't think this kid has a great shot at sticking in the NBA. Someone may take a flyer on him in the second round and he does have an NBA level skill in shooting but I'm not sure if that's enough.
Has an nba body and can really shoot it, if he just learns to get by guys and get to the rim like Mal was showing he could do, definitely can get drafted imo, but you are right, what happens after that is key

then again, that same thing applies to Mal, etc etc in terms of sticking in nba

I enjoy Captain J's stream of consciousness posting. I think that his reply of you being mean-spirited was warranted.
Then he should send you his inane nonsense via private message. People shouldn't have to scroll through pages upon pages of this garbage to find updates on a basketball prospect. This thread is about Andrew White, not CaptainJ. Even putting him on ignore - you still see five new pages of posts overnight.

If he needs the attention he should make his own thread all about CaptainJ.

Has an nba body and can really shoot it, if he just learns to get by guys and get to the rim like Mal was showing he could do, definitely can get drafted imo, but you are right, what happens after that is key

I don't disagree with any of that. He has a more NBA ready body than Malachi by far and is a far superior rebounder. I see his NBA issues as perhaps lacking that NBA 1st step quickness and defending especially on switches where he gets a guard. I think his lateral movement and overall quickness is even subpar for an NBA 3. That workout video was very telling IMO. All the movements were rehearsed and well practiced but they just didn't POP speed wise for me.
Now for as how he fits at SU I think he will be a great fit playing the back line on defense and the wing shooter on offense. He will help us spread the floor along with Lydon and allow for Gillon, Battle, Howard to drive/slash with ease. Also White seems to be very good with shot selection and I see him getting better looks on a loaded SU squad than he did at Nebraska. JB will have a portion of the offense designed to get him open jumpers. Plus with our other weapons he will have more room for his 1 and 2 dribble game off the pump fake. He's big and beefy enough to be a good rebounder he is just going to have to learn which shooters are his responsibility to cover.

This seems to happen whenever a big prospect is on the verge of committing... Their recruiting thread just turns into a big randomness thread. The people post for the jollys of seeing how many pages they can stretch it for.

I mean we have like ten perfectly good OT boards.

Then he should send you his inane nonsense via private message. People shouldn't have to scroll through pages upon pages of this garbage to find updates on a basketball prospect. This thread is about Andrew White, not CaptainJ. Even putting him on ignore - you still see five new pages of posts overnight.

If he needs the attention he should make his own thread all about CaptainJ.

Again, you dont seem to get that I was away for awhile, and had catching up to do. I did it during a time the board was relatively dead, so there wasnt a lot of back and forth. If you had anything worth saying, I wouldnt make a post berating you about it. Your post is the what's making it about me. As far as I know, there is no rule rationing the amount of posts per day. Maybe you could suggest such a rule if Ive offended you? Please dont lie about the number of posts either. I will try to post less if youre really that offended, but as Ive repeatedly pointed out, in the 15+ pages I read, I saw probably a single digit # of posts that were actual news, and not either conjecture or off topic messages. If you dont like the subjects I replied about, it would behoove you to address that with the OPs I was replying to, if you want to maintain any integrity in your assailment. I'll try to consolidate further in the future, but for the sake of my own betterment, not because you tried to strongarm me. Fair enough?

Last edited:
I don't disagree with any of that. He has a more NBA ready body than Malachi by far and is a far superior rebounder. I see his NBA issues as perhaps lacking that NBA 1st step quickness and defending especially on switches where he gets a guard. I think his lateral movement and overall quickness is even subpar for an NBA 3. That workout video was very telling IMO. All the movements were rehearsed and well practiced but they just didn't POP speed wise for me.
Now for as how he fits at SU I think he will be a great fit playing the back line on defense and the wing shooter on offense. He will help us spread the floor along with Lydon and allow for Gillon, Battle, Howard to drive/slash with ease. Also White seems to be very good with shot selection and I see him getting better looks on a loaded SU squad than he did at Nebraska. JB will have a portion of the offense designed to get him open jumpers. Plus with our other weapons he will have more room for his 1 and 2 dribble game off the pump fake. He's big and beefy enough to be a good rebounder he is just going to have to learn which shooters are his responsibility to cover.
Yes you put it well- rehearsed, the best guys with the ball on the floor are obviously very instinctual

Ok CaptainJ you posted plenty the last five pages and read the whole thread .. . . . . . . .
soooooooo I just have to know:

What position do you think White will play?
Who's in the starting line-up?
Who's in the closing line-up?

And most importantly how many pages will this thread go? :)

I think a majority of posters are saying 3, and being that's his #/name, why not? I think on offense the team would be helped if he could play some 2 on occasion, being the frontcourt is already loaded. Of course it might be more helped if he could play the top on defense on occasion, but a majority of rather militant posters say that this is impossible. I dont as yet have an opinion, but I think some folks underestimate JB's ability to coach up players on dedense.

I'm not sure about the starting lineup, but I lean toward the seniors and Lydon up front, which would put White in the backcourt with either Battle or Gillon.

Closing lineup I'm unsure of as well. But it seems like Gillon would be in for his shooting and free throw percentage. The same sounds right for Lydon, probably at 5. Robey sounds good for his rebounding, being the rest of the guys in will be capable on offense. White and Battle would round things out. I don't know if you purposefully said closing lineup to remind me of GGGR, but I may have more confidence in the closers than the starters.

To be clear, I haven't read the whole thread, or I could post many more replies. I've kind of bounced in and out. You know, the ol' in and out.

Especially not worth the price if you shop at trendy coffee shops like Star**cks. I hope AW3 is either caffeine free or drinks an honest cup of joe. As for trailers, some of my best friends grew up in them, so I will not discriminate. I run a clean show here!

I imagine at some point we will have a player who is known as G2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom