Class of 2016 - SG/SF Andrew White (VA; Grad Transfer from Nebraska) | Page 94 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 SG/SF Andrew White (VA; Grad Transfer from Nebraska)

Status
Not open for further replies.
yep my guess is he wants to play a Mal type role next year and make nba. Mal made the nba and Mal played the backside of the zone, ie he was a forward in JBs system. its also worth noting that Mal rarely if ever played with G or Cooney at the top of the zone. my guess is JB either did not see enough ball handling with that lineup or the D at top of zone wasnt good enough for JB. for that reason i have a tough time seeing Battle and White in top of zone, reminds me too much of G and Mal in top of zone, which as i said we rarely saw. i think White w Gillon or Howard much more likely. nice to have all these options
That and many other lineup combos would contradict JB's 11th commandment:
Thou shalt play Cooney 39 mins per game...

You don't think there's a difference between a 2/3 at Syracuse and a 2/3 in the NBA? How many minutes at 2G did MR play last season? 0. Yet he's considered an NBA shooting guard. NBA teams usually don't play zone and there's not much difference between 2 and 3 in Boeheim's offense.
Richardson would have played SG this year had he returned.

Boeheims 12th commandment: No more than 7 play 6 is better. Wonder how he handles this, this year? Seems like 9 or 10 good enough to play.

Day2 said:
Richardson would have played SG this year had he returned.

Yep. No doubt. White, if he comes here, will see minutes at both positions. Could see him play the 2guard on offense and slide low in the zone with Battle doing the opposite.

As many have said, we need him to keep opposing guards honest and we have much more depth up front compared to the backcourt.

Have heard early reports on TT are really good.
Interesting - if AW3 comes I wonder who TT steals PT from? Looks like more and more that Robey will get way less run than last year
He shot only 57% from the free throw line last year, so, no, I don't think he's going to play a lot at the end of games.
I think there's an offense/defense aspect to end of game situations

Interesting - if AW3 comes I wonder who TT steals PT from? Looks like more and more that Robey will get way less run than last year

Coleman? TT will play Center, I assume.

I really don't see DC playing that many minutes. If Chukwu is a capable defender and shot blocker, I think JB would prefer him seeing a majority of minutes. When we need points, I expect to see Lydon at the 5.

If AW comes, I could see Robey getting Keita/Duany type minutes. Based on both situation and his current level of play. I know he finished strong (I thank him for that!) but it's easy to forget how up and down he has tended to be overall.

I really don't see Lydon ever playing center other than an end of game for ft shooting purposes type situation. The only reason he played there last season was because we had no other viable options besides DC2... this year we have two others .

Twitter says the article thinks MSU is the team to beat here.

I don't understand MSU over SU here. MSU is loaded with talent and numbers on the wing. SU needs the help.
Yeah I wouldn't get the msu angle. He transfers to get to the NBA by riding the bench half of each game?

I really don't see Lydon ever playing center other than an end of game for ft shooting purposes type situation. The only reason he played there last season was because we had no other viable options besides DC2... this year we have two others .
Neither is an offensive threat. If we're in catchup mode, Lydon as the 5 makes sense. I wouldn't expect to see him there in the first halves but certainly if we're down in the 2nd. He showed he can succeed there even though it's not where he should play.

Yeah I wouldn't get the msu angle. He transfers to get to the NBA by riding the bench half of each game?
Exactly my thoughts. With two stud freshmen in Bridges and Langford coming in at his position and some returning wings, it's a bit of a logjam already. I understand MSU and Izzo but not the crowd he'd be walking into.

Neither is an offensive threat. If we're in catchup mode, Lydon as the 5 makes sense. I wouldn't expect to see him there in the first halves but certainly if we're down in the 2nd. He showed he can succeed there even though it's not where he should play.
I don't know. If we are down I could see us trying to push the tempo and both the other guys make more sense doing that. DC2 hasn'treally been able to show off his outlet passes but he's great at that. And if we press PC is a perfect rim protector.

He is NOT going to Michigan State. He was guaranteed minutes at 2 at Syracuse and Michigan State couldn't guarantee any definitive number of minutes.

That my friends is a fact.

Is that opinion or post-msu visit information?

Is that opinion or post-msu visit information?
From Sean Scherer of 247 who spoke to him after the visit:
"
Earlier this evening, I spoke with Andrew White III about his visit to Michigan State this past weekend. I'll be posting a full recap about White's visit to MSU later on tonight.

White III did not tip his hand on which way he is leaning, but the vibe I got from him was the Spartans may have emerged as the team to beat. White III also took a visit to Syracuse earlier this month. White III still may visit a few other programs. If White III was choosing between Michigan State and Syracuse, I feel that he would pick MSU.

I'm not saying that White III is transferring to Michigan State, but the MSU coaches and players made him feel at home during his stay in East Lansing this past weekend.
"

From Sean Scherer of . . . who spoke to him after the visit:
"
Earlier this evening, I spoke with Andrew White III about his visit to Michigan State this past weekend. I'll be posting a full recap about White's visit to MSU later on tonight.

White III did not tip his hand on which way he is leaning, but the vibe I got from him was the Spartans may have emerged as the team to beat. White III also took a visit to Syracuse earlier this month. White III still may visit a few other programs. If White III was choosing between Michigan State and Syracuse, I feel that he would pick MSU.

I'm not saying that White III is transferring to Michigan State, but the MSU coaches and players made him feel at home during his stay in East Lansing this past weekend.
"
Ehhh... kid didn't tip his hand but the paid MSU writer still takes that as he's an MSU lean? Color me unimpressed.

From Sean Scherer of . . . who spoke to him after the visit:
"

"
Has a recruit ever said, that was a horrible visit, I'm definitely not coming here?

Haha!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors