Class of 2016 - SG/SF Andrew White (VA; Grad Transfer from Nebraska) | Page 96 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 SG/SF Andrew White (VA; Grad Transfer from Nebraska)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reasons he could pick MSU:
1-HOF coach
2-Great family atmosphere
3-7 Final 4's, 1 title
4-Stability in coaching ( Izzo isnt retiring soon)
5-Great exposure preseason
6-Enough talent this year to get to another F4

1-HOF coach
3-7 Final 4's, 1 title

Basically, with the exception of #4 the list is identical to Syracuse. And being a 1 year player, he cares about the stability of the next 9 months. Unless our coach comes down with Zika while coaching the US National Team at the Olympics, I think we have pretty above average stability.

Basically, with the exception of #4 the list is identical to Syracuse. And being a 1 year player, he cares about the stability of the next 9 months. Unless our coach comes down with Zika while coaching the US National Team at the Olympics, I think we have pretty above average stability.

You just popped the thought of Jb contracted zika into my head.

He is NOT going to Michigan State. He was guaranteed minutes at 2 at Syracuse and Michigan State couldn't guarantee any definitive number of minutes.

That my friends is a fact.

SU must have the most in the loop GA tutors in college basketball.

(I obviously hope your information is accurate)

imo you dont need Orange colored glasses to see the common sense. AW wants what Mal had last year (ie wing scorer who got drafted by nba). and now we need a wing to take Mals role. Perfect fit. it probably wouldnt be horrible being in Denzel Valentines role this year at msu. except his game much more resembles MR thand DV. SU just makes sense when Mal helped lead SU to FF
Yeah except he wouldn't be in the DV role at MSU - Izzo gave DV the keys last year and he pretty much did everything for MSU; no way White is that guy this year for MSU

1-HOF coach
3-7 Final 4's, 1 title

1 - "Johnny Come Lately" - PUSH

2 - What does this mean? They have a day care for players' kids during practices and games? They give same sex partner health benefits? Don't all programs with coaching staffs with signficant tenure have a "great" family atmosphere. Sure some talk about it more than others. Boeheim's Army is a pretty good advertisement for our family atmosphere as was the outpouring for Pearl. PUSH

3 - Pretty much a PUSH - but not sure they're headed there this season and what else matters to a one year hired gun.

4 - This is dumb. Would be a consideration for Thompson not for a guy who will have no eligibility remaining after next season. NO FACTOR

5 - Yeah!! Chaminade gets great pre season exposure too.....so what? Cuse gets great exposure beginning in November and continuing through elimination in March. I am an east coast guy, but live in a Big Ten Network market, so I may be prejudiced a bit......but what exposure does the Big Ten really get? Friday night at the Rock Fights?? Do people outside of the Big 10 tune in for those ugly games?

6 - PUSH

7 - Throw in - Pretty deep competition at target position(s)

2 - What does this mean? They have a day care for players' kids during practices and games? They give same s e x partner health benefits? Don't all programs with coaching staffs with signficant tenure have a "great" family atmosphere. Sure some talk about it more than others. PUSH
3 - ok - but not sure there headed there this season and what else matters to a one year hired gun.
4 - This is dumb. Would be a consideration for Thompson not for a guy who will have no eligibility remaining after next season. NO FACTOR
5 - Yeah!! Chaminade gets great pre season exposure too...so what? Cuse gets great exposure beginning in November and continuing through elimination in March. I am an east coast guy, but live in a Big Ten Network market, so I may be prejudiced a bit...but what exposure does the Big Ten really get? Friday night at the Rock Fights?? Do people outside of the Big 10 tune in for those ugly games?
6 - PUSH
7 - Pretty deep competition at target position(s)
I like how the MSU writer stated that MSU's early season schedule was a factor. Playing Duke and UK. Well, Cuse plays Duke, UL, NC, etc. too, in meaningful conference games.

I think you nailed all those points above why cuse is at worst, even with MSU. One year hired guns don't care about longevity of the program or history, only what is possible for the next 8 months.

2 - What does this mean? They have a day care for players' kids during practices and games? They give same s e x partner health benefits? Don't all programs with coaching staffs with signficant tenure have a "great" family atmosphere. Sure some talk about it more than others. Boeheim's Army is a pretty good advertisement for our family atmosphere as was the outpouring for Pearl. PUSH

3 - Pretty much a PUSH - but not sure they're headed there this season and what else matters to a one year hired gun.

5 - Yeah!! Chaminade gets great pre season exposure too...so what? Cuse gets great exposure beginning in November and continuing through elimination in March. I am an east coast guy, but live in a Big Ten Network market, so I may be prejudiced a bit...but what exposure does the Big Ten really get? Friday night at the Rock Fights?? Do people outside of the Big 10 tune in for those ugly games?

6 - PUSH

7 - Throw in - Pretty deep competition at target position(s)

l3n9iAK.png

I like how the MSU writer stated that MSU's early season schedule was a factor. Playing Duke and UK. Well, Cuse plays Duke, UL, NC, etc. too, in meaningful conference games.

I think you nailed all those points above why cuse is at worst, even with MSU. One year hired guns don't care about longevity of the program or history, only what is possible for the next 8 months.
How about how he would get to play near his family often? The ACC is his home territory. Most of our conference away games will be within driving distance for his family.

How about how he would get to play near his family often? The ACC is his home territory. Most of our conference away games will be within driving distance for his family.

Now in fairness, the guy did not post reasons why MSU is better than Syracuse for AW, just reasons that are positives for MSU. He didn't lie about any of those positives. We are naturally inclined to compare those positives to our own because we know we're in a competition for the kid's services. But he wasn't a jerk about it or anything. MSU and SU are about as peer group as you can get in MBB.

Now in fairness, the guy did not post reasons why MSU is better than Syracuse for AW, just reasons that are positives for MSU. He didn't lie about any of those positives. We are naturally inclined to compare those positives to our own because we know we're in a competition for the kid's services. But he wasn't a jerk about it or anything. MSU and SU are about as peer group as you can get in MBB.
I agree, those are probably the standard selling points to any recruit. But, some are just silly in relation to comparing to SU. As difficult as it is to compare objectively, the young man has one year to achieve whatever it is that he finds important. From our standpoint, he is the final piece to a Final Four caliber team. Whereas, it looks like he would be a redundant piece to their team. To me, that seems like the biggest difference. Although, after playing his entire career so far from home, it would probably be nice for him to play some games around his family as a key player on a top ten team.

He is NOT going to Michigan State. He was guaranteed minutes at 2 at Syracuse and Michigan State couldn't guarantee any definitive number of minutes.

That my friends is a fact.
You continue to double-down with every post you make... it's one thing to express supreme optimism based on very recent information... but we have no direct insight into his MSU visit. You, sir, will be joining the likes of JohnSyracuse IF you are right. Although, next time, don't reveal your sources. It keeps the mystery alive.

You continue to double-down with every post you make... it's one thing to express supreme optimism based on very recent information... but we have no direct insight into his MSU visit. You, sir, will be joining the likes of JohnSyracuse IF you are right. Although, next time, don't reveal your sources. It keeps the mystery alive.
Orangeman13, ignore these message board tough guy threats regarding what will happen if a 22 year old basketball player chooses one school over another.

We appreciate your continued updates and insight. Thank you.

Last edited:
1-HOF coach
3-7 Final 4's, 1 title

This list would be useful if MSU was up against Rutgers or VCU, but not Syracuse. Know the competition. Taking #4 out of the equation as stability through April 2017 shouldn't be an issue, SU can match MSU item for item. Why is preseason more important than later in the season? I doubt it comes down to, "I like the fact that SU plays Duke, Louisville, and UNC, but I can't get past that Holy Cross game in November."

This list would be useful if MSU was up against Rutgers or VCU, but not Syracuse. Know the competition. Taking #4 out of the equation as stability through April 2017 shouldn't be an issue, SU can match MSU item for item. Why is preseason more important than later in the season? I doubt it comes down to, "I like the fact that SU plays Duke, Louisville, and UNC, but I can't get past that Holy Cross game in November."
We could throw beat Middle Tenn State the last time we played them on that list as well.

I don't even know johnsyracuse so I'm not sure what you're trying to say.

And speak for yourself when you say "we" have no insight into his MSU visit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom