Class of 2018 - SG/SF Buddy Boeheim SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 SG/SF Buddy Boeheim SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

PG 1st and foremost IMO, I like Carey. I think we are likely to have only Washington and Hughes returning in the backcourt so a starting calibur PG is a must. I also think we are going to need another decent big to develop behind Sidibe.

If I could pick a class out of who we are involved with now and Buddy is a given then I'd go:
Buddy, Carey, Williams, Swider, Bazely and a program big guy with some potential.

That would be one heck of a class right there!

Sure sounds like a done deal to me after reading that. If dad says I'm good enough to play at SU then that's where I'm going.

Yeah, I also think JB might be trying to keep BB motivated and focused. Go to prep school, work on the overall game, get stronger, etc.

I agree if Juli Boeheim where she says Buddy should go to a school where he would be happy playing for the school and the coach. I remember Lefty Driesell's son playing for Maryland and he got basically clean up minutes. Buddy has more skill than that. He needs to play where he fits into 'the program and can contribute. While I hope it is Syracuse, he has to fit into the program and fills a need.

I think the point about "The assumption that he's headed to Syracuse has likely impacted the amount of programs expressing interest" is very valid. Fran McCaffery's kid experienced the same thing - and he ultimately did end up at Iowa - so the other programs were right for not wasting their time.

What if Buddy really wants to go to Duke, and JB is trying to "show a lot of interest" in Buddy just so Coach K comes in at the 11th hour and offers him? That'd be some higher level scheming right there.

He should visit Duke, post a picture all in Duke gear, give a silent verbal, troll the GTECH folk, and sign Cuse last minute

Most interesting in that Buddy article is that he is considering Athletes Institute in CA. Would love for JB to get back with Ennis Sr and have more ins for the big Canadian recruits. Feel like that relationship could use a bit of a jump start.

I think the point about "The assumption that he's headed to Syracuse has likely impacted the amount of programs expressing interest" is very valid. Fran McCaffery's kid experienced the same thing - and he ultimately did end up at Iowa - so the other programs were right for not wasting their time.
I think that is the biggest thing. If he decided he doesn't feel comfortable they don't want him to have like 1 other offer because everyone else thought he was going to SU.

SU just signed the number one player in Canada.
Yep, it be nice if that continues and if we can maybe get in on the Wiggins, level kids too. A kid like Rowan Barrett is truly a top kid who translates into top 10 in the US too. Not sure we can grab those level kids at this point.

Most interesting in that Buddy article is that he is considering Athletes Institute in CA. Would love for JB to get back with Ennis Sr and have more ins for the big Canadian recruits. Feel like that relationship could use a bit of a jump start.

dude... Brissett and Washington BOTH played for Tony Mcintyre (Ennis Sr's real name)

dude... Brissett and Washington BOTH played for Tony Mcintyre (Ennis Sr's real name)
Yes, I'm not saying that there is a contentious relationship there. I know that Autry in fact has a solid relationship with Tony. I do believe though that JB didn't endear himself to the Ennis family when Tyler left for the pros. There are also posters on here who know more than I, that have additional thoughts. It's not my info, so I won't share. That said even if things were great, sending your son to play for the man truly shows mutual respect, so we will see. I hope it happens. The other contender for Buddy was listed as Brewster Academy, which has been a great feeder school for us. That's all I got, sorry.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom