Class of 2018 - SG/SF Buddy Boeheim SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 32 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 SG/SF Buddy Boeheim SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Why can't this kid's dad sign? Probably busy doing other things to worry about his kid's academic future.
Shooter's tour!
c3a1eb5478ace53f55c3f5baac7f8869229674c894a68685e670c82ab0497be2.jpg

I wasn't as focused on this signing as I was the other one today but it is still nice to have him on board and the fact we have him not taking a scholly is huge of course.

You get a quick glimpse of buddy knocking down a 3 at his first game for brewster...anyone have any stats or info on the game? Can't seem to find any on it.

No box, but here is where it will be. This is updated pretty well over the past few seasons, so if there is a site that will be have it, here it is.
http://www.brewsteracademy.org/RelId/610514/ISvars/default/Schedule.htm
Last three games writeups, from Brewster:
  • 11/19/2017
  • L : 68-72
  • BOYS' PREP BASKETBALL
    VS NATIONAL PREP SCHOOL SHOWCASE
  • RECAP
The prep basketball team had their 37 game winning streak snapped with a loss to Mt Zion Prep (MD) at the National Prep Showcase, 72-68. Oregon-bound Miles Norris (San Diego, CA) had 16 points and 7 rebounds, while uncommitted guard Walter Ellis (Granger, IN) added 15 points (5 three-pointers.

• 11/18/2017
  • W : 110-74
  • BOYS' PREP BASKETBALL
    VS NATIONAL PREP SCHOOL SHOWCASE
  • RECAP
Brewster Academy made the annual pilgrimage to New Haven, CT to participate in the National Prep Showcase at Albertus Magnus. Brewster coasted to an opening day victory over Link Year Prep (MO), 110-74. A balanced Brewster Academy attack was led by uncommitted guard Walter Ellis (Granger, IN) with 18 points, including 3 three-pointers. Junior point guard Sherif Kenney (Washington, DC), Syracuse-bound Buddy Boeheim (Fayetteville, NY), and West Virginia-signee Derek Culver (Youngstown, OH) each contributed 16 points in the victory. Wake Forest-signee Isaiah Mucius (East Patchogue, NY) dropped 13 points in the win. UConn-bound Lukas Kisunas (Vilnius, Lithuania) contributed 10 points and 8 rebounds, while Oregon-commit Miles Norris (San Diego, CT) added nine points and a game-high 14 rebounds.

• 11/12/2017
  • W : 98-64
  • BOYS' PREP BASKETBALL
    VS BREWSTER ACADEMY INVITATIONAL
  • RECAP
The prep basketball team defeated Collège Jean-De-Brébeuf to capture the Brewster Academy Invitational Championship, 98-64. A balanced Brewster attack was led by Wake Forest-signee Isaiah Mucius (East Patchogue, NY) with 25 points, while West Virginia-bound Derek Culver (Youngstown, OH) added 14 points and 10 rebounds. Syracuse-commit Buddy Boeheim (Fayetteville, NY) chipped in with 12 points and 5 rebounds, while junior point guard Joel Brown (Brampton, Ontario) had 11 points and a team-high 7 assists. Oregon-signee Miles Norris (San Diego, CA) added 10 points and 10 rebounds in the victory. Brewster out-rebounded the visitors, 46-23 in the victory. Brewster travels to the National Prep Showcase in New Haven, CT next, as they face Link Year Prep (MO) on Saturday and Mt Zion Prep (MD) on Sunday.

Last two outings for the Budster, from http://www.brewsteracademy.org/RelId/610514/ISvars/default/Schedule.htm

12/08/2017
"
The prep basketball team lost the opening game of the Trey Whitfield Invitational to visiting Thetford Academy (Quebec), 91-83. The Bobcats saw a 10 point lead in the 2nd half disappear very quickly due to multiple turnovers. For the game, the Bobcats committed an astonishing 23 turnovers. Brewster was led by Buddy Boeheim (Fayetteville, NY) with 24 points, while Isaiah Mucius (East Patchogue, NY) contributed 22 points. Senior forward Miles Norris (San Diego, CA) contributed 15 points in the loss. Brewster drops to 7-2 on the season and will play in the 2pm consolation game on Saturday.

12/09/2017
Brewster Academy defeated Mississauga Prep, 97-73. The Bobcats were led by Isaiah Mucius (East Patchogue, NY) with 32 points and 12 rebounds, while Buddy Boeheim (Fayetteville, NY) contributed 12 points. Junior Sherif Kenney(Washington, DC) and Miles Norris (San Diego, CA) each added 11 points in the victory.
"

He wasn't mentioned in the couple of games earlier in December, but as always, Brewster is loaded up!

Buddy is a better shooter than Baker. Baker probably better defensively.

Now that is a tremendous compliment. I certainly hope he’s 75% as good as Ron Baker was for WSU.
Seriously...I hope we get that kind of career from Buddy! Not to mention Baker is playing in the NBA...albeit for the dumpster fire Knicks...but still...in the league!

Buddy is a better shooter than Baker. Baker probably better defensively.

C'mon.

Baker was a tremendous college player ... one of the best in the country, I thought. He had some unreal performances I saw, sometimes taking over games.

Buddy Boeheim hasn't played a single minute of college basketball yet. (let alone taking over any college games)

I can't any reasonable basis for comparing the two players.

C'mon.

Baker was a tremendous college player ... one of the best in the country, I thought. He had some unreal performances I saw, sometimes taking over games.

Buddy Boeheim hasn't played a single minute of college basketball yet. (let alone taking over any college games)

I didn’t start off with the initial comparison. I just said Buddy is more known as a shooter. Baker is more athletic. The comparison came off as the stereotypical comparing Caucasian player to Caucasian player.

I didn’t start off with the initial comparison. I just said Buddy is more known as a shooter. Baker is more athletic. The comparison came off as the stereotypical comparing Caucasian player to Caucasian player.
I feel like Buddy is cross between Ron Baker, Larry Bird and Jimmy Chitwood from Hoosiers. Am I right cusefan0307. ;)

C'mon.

So you can't compare high school players with college or NBA players? Interesting comment on a college sports blog.

So you can't compare high school players with college or NBA players? Interesting comment on a college sports blog.

Well, I guess you could say that a player reminds you of an NBA player when they were of a similar age. But the statement was "Baker 2.0" says to me that he will be another Ron Baker and I take issue with that.

I'll be thrilled if he's 75% as good as Ron Baker was as a college player. I wonder if any of these guys ever watched Ron Baker play and make a huge difference in big games against top competition.

People that actually think he's going to be as good or as effective as Baker are setting themselves up for disappointment by burdening the kid with very high expectations that are probably not going to be met.

Cuseinseattle's comment above captures my feeling. Why stop with Ron Baker when Larry Bird is available as a comparison?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom