Class of 2018 - SG/SF Buddy Boeheim SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 SG/SF Buddy Boeheim SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

I’ve seen him play with City Rocks, no doubt that Buddy can shoot, with his feet set, he rarely misses and has near perfect mechanics. He needs to work on his ball handling, defense, and overall athletic ability. I will take a shot at interpreting JB comment “he's not ready for college” as meaning he is going to prep school. As a 2018 recruit, he could play at a mid-major or Ivy but the ACC would be a stretch. After 2 years in prep school, who knows?

FWIW he already has offers to a couple A10 schools I believe. UMass for sure.

UMASS gets added to the Big 10 and steals Buddy Boeheim in a last second recruitment coup.

Syracuse fans everywhere drown their sorrows in coneys and utica clubs while burying their heads in the sand.

I’ve seen him play with City Rocks, no doubt that Buddy can shoot, with his feet set, he rarely misses and has near perfect mechanics. He needs to work on his ball handling, defense, and overall athletic ability. I will take a shot at interpreting JB comment “he's not ready for college” as meaning he is going to prep school. As a 2018 recruit, he could play at a mid-major or Ivy but the ACC would be a stretch. After 2 years in prep school, who knows?
How do you work on your athletic ability? You are either athletic or not.

You absolutely can improve your athletic ability. A lot of jumping rope. Other exercises as well. You can't teach someone to be Rembrandt but you can teach someone to paint.

Im talking about being athletic not improving your vertical. But i hear ya.

Im talking about being athletic not improving your vertical. But i hear ya.
I was just using that as an example. I remember Jim Spanarkle talking about how he improved his athletic ability to make him a viable player.

Buddy putting up another good performance in Cali.. this time getting the win against Marvin Bagley's squad. BB was 2 for 4 from downtown...
The win also clinched Peach Jam for City Rocks.

It looks more and more likely that Buddy will be able to play and contribute at P5 level. You can never have enough shooters. If he wants to play for dad bringing him in as a walk on effectively negates the last year of missing ships.

If Buddy goes Orange, we need to realize that he is not responsible for the actions of his father and treat him as we would any of our players. He doesn't deserve fallout from the actions of his HC father!

I hope with time Andy Rautins is a great comparison for Buddy and I think Cuse nation would be thrilled with that. Buddy seems like a great teammate also and hope he is wearing Orange in the future
Don't see the Andy Rautins comparison from his videos. Rautins was great coming off a screen, was the best catch and shoot player in the last 20 years at SU, and had a lightning quick release. Buddy looks to be a face-up stationary shooter with textbook form, but currently needs time to get his shot off and seems a bit mechanical at this stage. I'm sure that will improve since I remember Andy as a JR/SR at SU, not a HS player. The fact Buddy is shooting at a high 3-point % vs top EYBL competition tells me he could be a valuable player at SU. A better comparison for me is Jason Cipolla, Marius Janulis or Scott McCorkle. I think we need shooters and feel Buddy would be a great addition at SU.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom