Class of 2017 - SG/SF Jordan Tucker (NY / GA) Leaving Duke to Butler | Page 37 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 SG/SF Jordan Tucker (NY / GA) Leaving Duke to Butler

I don't know why Pastner is on the rise. He had a good year getting a team that wasn't very good to being 500 in a tough league. Every year they were more removed from Paypal Cal they got worse at Memphis in my opinion. I would have to look up their record but every year the team in general looked worse to me.

He's always been a good recruiter. I think his coaching is improving. The guy is pretty young.

Oregon already has a 4* SF signed, and also a 3* SF.
And (assuming he returns) a rising Jr SF who has averaged 30 mpg / 13 ppg the past 2 seasons.

Meanwhile, as of now -
SU has the shrug emoji guy starting at the 3 for next year.
:noidea:
Shrug Emoji really doesn't have the wingspan for our zone either; Tucker could probably beat him out for playing time.

He's always been a good recruiter. I think his coaching is improving. The guy is pretty young.
Agree 100%. Guy has always been a good recruiter. Seems to be an improving game day coach. He took a team that wasn't supposed to winy any ACC games and won some games. i think his recruiting will only get better as he is now in a basketball rich area.

I'm choosing to be optimistic about Tucker's moving up his visit date. Normally I'd prefer the last visit to leave an impression and have a final chance to influence. But... with Oregon loaded at his position, I think this is amazing news.

On the outside chance this kid reads our message board, please sign with the Cuse! You'll get immediate playing time, and most likely start. With Lydon gone for sure, we need you! Combine with TT, and Battle, and you might be the domino to entice the PG we need... a nice run in the Tournament... I can smell it!

We became the favorite for this kid the Friday after Hopkins left. We need a better visit this time. If this kid commits it will be the work of Jim Boeheim being more involved in recruiting. It is not any of the assistants for this kid its a JB job.

That's an interesting take as most everything I've read has said that GMAC has been the lead recruiter on Tucker. Then again, leaving that part out may not fit with the board narrative about GMAC's recruiting/coaching abilities.

Oregon already has a 4* SF signed, and also a 3* SF.
And (assuming he returns) a rising Jr SF who has averaged 30 mpg / 13 ppg the past 2 seasons.

Meanwhile, as of now -
SU has the shrug emoji guy starting at the 3 for next year.
:noidea:
Just to be nitpicky, Brooks is a junior this year.

It means that was the day JB flew down to GA with GMac and met him and his coaches. It gave Tucker the love and idea that SU was seriously interested in him after cooling off last summer.
This kid commitment would be JB getting it done and he hasn't done this much leg work in recruiting for a little while.
Yes but won't the fact that GMac was there too kill our chances? He's never developed anybody and he can't recruit.

That's an interesting take as most everything I've read has said that GMAC has been the lead recruiter on Tucker. Then again, leaving that part out may not fit with the board narrative about GMAC's recruiting/coaching abilities.
JB went down to Georgia with GMac.
Syracuse Back in the Mix for 2017 Wing Jordan Tucker | Zagsblog

JB leading the charge changed momentum for us. GMac would get partial credit for doing the other work. Make no mistake though our chances went up when JB got on the plane to GA and showed the kid we wanted him. JB a HOFer carries weight.

Yes but won't the fact that GMac was there too kill our chances? He's never developed anybody and he can't recruit.
Strawman.jpg

JB went down to Georgia with GMac.
Syracuse Back in the Mix for 2017 Wing Jordan Tucker | Zagsblog

JB leading the charge changed momentum for us. GMac would get partial credit for doing the other work. Make no mistake though our chances went up when JB got on the plane to GA and showed the kid we wanted him. JB a HOFer carries weight.

This is an important point. So much is made of GMac not being a good recruiter on the board - but most other schools were using their HC better. I don't think it's even that fair to judge GMac as a recruiter given he didn't have the same kind of "normal" HC relationship to lean on.

This is an important point. So much is made of GMac not being a good recruiter on the board - but most other schools were using their HC better. I don't think it's even that fair to judge GMac as a recruiter given he didn't have the same kind of "normal" HC relationship to lean on.
This is a fair point but that would put more the results on JB.
GMac isn't getting killed for losing Green from 99% of our fanbase.
We all know Calipari vs. GMac is Tyson vs. Little Mac.

That loss wasn't his fault. The problem was JB put all Our PG recruiting attention to Green without a backup plan and let his least experienced coach handle that recruitment. That wasn't smart.

JB has been criticized by our recruiting experts for not being as involved and that has hurt us. Now the second Hop left that Thursday he got on the plane to see Tucker and boom the next day we were a serious contender again for the kid.

I love GMac as a player but if JB isn't on the visit it doesn't have the same effect. JB needs to be more involved and put less on his inexperienced assistants.

Does this recent change give us a better chance of landing him?

Hmmm, let's see...

1. Lydon say's he's leaving
2. JB jets off to ATL to visit Tucker personally
3. Lydon schedules a paid autograph session, virtually guaranteeing he won't return
4. Tucker moves the date of his visit forward a week

Yes, I would say this is trending in a positive direction. ;)

Does this recent change give us a better chance of landing him?

I have no inside information but I take it as a good sign that he's moving up and not pushing it back because he's dreading the visit.

Hmmm, let's see...

1. Lydon say's he's leaving
2. JB jets off to ATL to visit Tucker personally
3. Lydon schedules a paid autograph session, virtually guaranteeing he won't return
4. Tucker moves the date of his visit forward a week

Yes, I would say this is trending in a positive direction. ;)

It sounds like Lydon's decision has a lot to do with his change of mind.