Class of 2017 - SG/SF Jordan Tucker (NY / GA) Leaving Duke to Butler | Page 91 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 SG/SF Jordan Tucker (NY / GA) Leaving Duke to Butler

Interesting EYBL mixtape of Tucker. Plenty of outside shooting, plenty of moves to get into the lane and finish, two nice passes, but no dunks and no defense. Does that summarize his game?

Interesting EYBL mixtape of Tucker. Plenty of outside shooting, plenty of moves to get into the lane and finish, two nice passes, but no dunks and no defense. Does that summarize his game?
Judging ability by a mixtape...
notsure-1.jpg

People wonder why these kids take so long and draw these things out?

Just look at this thread and the people in it reacting to their actions.
Or, you know, they want to make the right decision on where they'd like to go to school and enjoy the next 1-4 years of their life and the fans don't really matter at all because its not their life?

What are the leanings here? People in contact with this stuff, how do we stand?

A mixtape is the worst thing out there to judge a player's game. I don't really care for them and there aren't many good ones tbh.

God, some of you guys must be unbearable in the days before Christmas morning.

What's the matter with being excited? I mean really, if you post the slightest thing that some construe as "negative" you are put in the category with those who think the program is on the verge of collapse, but if you express excitement you get hit for that too? I don't mean to single you out Pfister, it just seems to be a common theme on this board.

What's the matter with being excited? I mean really, if you post the slightest thing that some construe as "negative" you are put in the category with those who think the program is on the verge of collapse, but if you express excitement you get hit for that too? I don't mean to single you out Pfister, it just seems to be a common theme on this board.
That is why you have to mix it up like me. Criticize the all in on one kid approach "negative" but choose to still believe Ayala and Tucker are both coming with guarded optimism.

Other than for a shot blocking center, when do you ever see defense highlighted in a mix tape?

I didn't see that one, isn't it kind of strange visiting on a weekday?

Not really, given that he lives in the same town and has had numerous unofficial visits. He doesn't need to go for a weekend to get a "feel" for campus life and his prospective teammates like he would need to at, say, Oregon [just for example -- another team that was on his list at one time].

This visit is probably for Tucker and his family to hear the GT coaching staff's final pitch, get any questions answered, etc.

Not really, given that he lives in the same town and has had numerous unofficial visits. He doesn't need to go for a weekend to get a "feel" for campus life and his prospective teammates like he would need to at, say, Oregon [just for example -- another team that was on his list at one time].

This visit is probably for Tucker and his family to hear the GT coaching staff's final pitch, get any questions answered, etc.

Will one of those questions be, how come you haven't made the ncaa tournament in 7 years?

Judging ability by a mixtape...
notsure-1.jpg
Not serious. I don't spend much time trying to evaluate the talents of our recruits. But, I found it interesting that at the end of his mixtape was a clip of Hamidu Diallo being a beast on the court. I'm just wondering if the mixtape is indicative of Tucker's game at all. Is he a finesse guy? Does he play defense like TT?

Last edited:
not sure how much or little this affects (or is affected by) Tucker, Cole is a 6'8 200 lb

Not ranked, best other offer is from a team that is slightly above a DII team. Doubt this has any effect.