Class of 2017 - SG/SF Jordan Tucker (NY / GA) Leaving Duke to Butler | Page 94 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 SG/SF Jordan Tucker (NY / GA) Leaving Duke to Butler

I think it's more a answer to a question asked to him..just replying that the schools and coaches have done everything possible. But yea I don't care for the wording either just because it's exactly what quades coach said...painful memories

I think it's more a answer to a question asked to him..just replying that the schools and coaches have done everything possible. But yea I don't care for the wording either just because it's exactly what quades coach said...painful memories

Maybe but it sounds like what you'd say to someone who came up a little short. "Great effort but it wasn't quite enough, no fault of your own." But we don't know what question he was responding to.

We are all trying to read the tea leaves.

If Gerry strikes out again, how many more at-bats do we give him? Or does he have immunity as long as JB sticks?

Maybe we get tuck, but his dad sounds like "Syracuse is really really nice, but..."

Also this quote from Tucker himself regarding his friend and teammate Jose Alvarado...

“Jose’s calling me every day trying to get me to come with him,” Tucker said at the Jordan Brand Classic. “It makes sense, I played with him on the Rens. So I don’t have to develop a new relationship with a point guard. They just want me to get back to having fun again and just playing in a free system and not having to look over my back.”

Looks like he's going to push the decision to the very end as well..from reports it sounded like he would decide a day or so after his last visit...from zags report the dad mentions getting ESPN air time but says the end of next week. Heck why not make us wait a little longer and make us all go a little more insane and add some more pages on to the Jordan tucker thread!

Also maybe he's trying to throw everyone off a bit. Maybe he already knows where he would like to go and with so much cuse momentum lately he is just trying to make it a little more interesting for his boy to make his announcement on ESPN. Ugh who knows it's a crapshoot

If Gerry strikes out again, how many more at-bats do we give him? Or does he have immunity as long as JB sticks?

Maybe we get tuck, but his dad sounds like "Syracuse is really really nice, but..."

Immunity

I don't like this quote too much from his dad. It sounds eerily familiar to QG's coach's comments about G-Mac having done all he could do.

"They pretty much they did everything they could possibly do."

He said the same thing about Vilanova: "They did everything they could do." And as we know, Villanova is out of the running.
I thought the same thing, but keep in mind this is coming from his dad, who many believe prefers GT.

I thought the same thing, but keep in mind this is coming from his dad, who many believe prefers GT.

Yeah but I assume Tucker knows his pick already and his father would be privy to that.

You think that gmac should be out because he misses on a recruit that chose Kentucky over Syracuse and another that chooses a local school after we backed off the kid for 6 months? This is all on G-mac? lol smh

Yeah but I assume Tucker knows his pick already and his father would be privy to that.
I have no inside knowledge but I don't think the kid is coming here. His pt guard friend. The local school. That we backed off for 6 months. Of course, I'm sure we have a good back up plan.

I have no inside knowledge but I don't think the kid is coming here. His pt guard friend. The local school. That we backed off for 6 months. Of course, I'm sure we have a good back up plan.

What Grad Student is going to want to play on a below average ACC roster?

Also this quote from Tucker himself regarding his friend and teammate Jose Alvarado...

“Jose’s calling me every day trying to get me to come with him,” Tucker said at the Jordan Brand Classic. “It makes sense, I played with him on the Rens. So I don’t have to develop a new relationship with a point guard. They just want me to get back to having fun again and just playing in a free system and not having to look over my back.”

He wants to play in a system in which he doesn't have to look over his back? That makes Syracuse an interesting choice...

Just tried to visit some GT forums.

One doesn't even have a Tucker thread:

https://forums./forums/basketball-recruiting-board.30/

The other doesn't have a lot of optimism about them getting JT.

http://www.At their request, this n...r/15540560-men-s-basketball-recruiting?page=1

Either way their fans certainly do not have the same interest/obsession that our fans have here.

Maybe, there is another forum ???

Hey JT, head on up north where you will be totally loved by he fan base !!!

What Grad Student is going to want to play on a below average ACC roster?
I think we can sell Battle and TT as front line ACC players and sell a supporting group with the grad student that will make us contenders. At least that is my theory of the case.

Just tried to visit some GT forums.

One doesn't even have a Tucker thread:

https://forums. /forums/basketball-recruiting-board.30/

The other doesn't have a lot of optimism about them getting JT.

http://www.At their request, this n...r/15540560-men-s-basketball-recruiting?page=1

Either way their fans certainly do not have the same interest/obsession that our fans have here.

Maybe, there is another forum ???

Hey JT, head on up north where you will be totally loved by he fan base !!!
Until the first time you miss a shot.

I think we can sell Battle and TT as front line ACC players and sell a supporting group with the grad student that will make us contenders. At least that is my theory of the case.

How good do you think our roster is compared to the rest of the ACC?

He wants to play in a system in which he doesn't have to look over his back? That makes Syracuse an interesting choice...
Man coaches will say some stupid crap. What the hell does that even mean? They won't recruit other good players, so that you don't have to worry about any competition? Just a load of BS. If he can't see through any coach telling him that, he shouldn't be going to college.

Just make a decision so everyone can move on. I personally think we are in better shape then we know

Just make a decision so everyone can move on. I personally think we are in better shape then we know

We are in great shape considering we stopped recruiting him for 1/2 a year and just got back involved. I don't know if that means he will pick SU though. I'm not losing sleep over it either way. Just have to wait and see what happens.

This is my opinion and really I have nothing to back it up but it's what I would LIKE to believe. I think Tucker and his family are use to the best. He has grown up around celebs and his dad was a big shot for diddy at one time and so on..i think he wants the duke offer but if he doesn't get it I'm not sure he picks gt over us. He wants the prestige and the big lights etc and I bet his family does too and we provide that better then gt does. It's like the rich kids wanting name brand over a knock off. Kind of? Then again most of this post is totally just my b.s. and what I want to believe and if he does pick gt over us I think it's fair to say backing off of him for a long time hurt our chances. We'll know soon enough

I would totally agree with this. I personally believe he will stay close to home and choose GT. If we continued to recruit him instead of going radio silent for 6-9 months then I think we would have seen him in an Orange uniform.