Class of 2017 - SG/SF Jordan Tucker (NY / GA) Leaving Duke to Butler | Page 40 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 SG/SF Jordan Tucker (NY / GA) Leaving Duke to Butler

The way I see it: Ayala starts and FH and HW battle for the primary backup role. Whomever doesn't get that will get scraps. I doubt HW redshirts but I guess anything is possible. My hope is HW gets some minutes at FH's expense but based on what JB has been saying, he will have to earn his time (JB seems to like FH).

I feel like this is definitely a possible scenario with how fh played this year. I'm also higher then most on Washington's game.

So weird. I wonder what he sees.

I agree. Here's the thing: maybe JB thinks he can take FH and make him his pet project and rehabilitate him. FH was an Autry recruit. AA must have seen something from FH at Paul VI too. I don't get it. He had numerous chances last year and never got his crap together. Maybe in the offseason he will find a new-found maturity.

Back to the topic at hand, let's land JT and solidly the 3.

Last edited:
I feel like this is definitely a possible scenario with how fh played this year. I'm also higher then most on Washington's game.

You and me both. Washington is going to be solid. I just hope he uses the weight room this offseason.

I honestly wouldn't be shocked if JB didn't know some of the stuff and it was Hopkins who knew.

Howard definitely did do some things that hurt us. Some stuff may be telephone game but the guy did stuff.

It's scary. Hopkins and JB had a disconnect there but to not communicate those sort of issues would be hard to believe but certainly possible.

If we have a scholarship available why wouldn't we use it? Guys leave so to keep one for 2018 I get it, yet Battle and Thompson could both leave and with a grad transfer they would be gone too. Strange?

If we have a scholarship available why wouldn't we use it? Guys leave so to keep one for 2018 I get it, yet Battle and Thompson could both leave and with a grad transfer they would be gone too. Strange?
Agree... while I'd prefer another good freshman like MAL (I'd kill to land him)... that seems unlikely. But if you have a scholarship, use it. There's no downside to a 5th year. I'd personally want a pg to stabilize things for a year. But if someone was higher on FH and/or Ayala than I am for next year... grab a 5th year SF since Tucker would be the only SF on the roster. Not using it would just be a waste and even if the guy sucks... he's gone in a year.

I honestly wouldn't be shocked if JB didn't know some of the stuff and it was Hopkins who knew.

Howard definitely did do some things that hurt us. Some stuff may be telephone game but the guy did stuff.
I'd be absolutely shocked and mortified if this board knew about what FH than JB himself did...

I think it's more of a case where when JB said that...FH was the only PG on the roster. Not only that, but some of these PGs were still committed (MAL, Waters), and Ayalya was still up in the air for 2018. He probably knew we could get H.Washington but maybe he was more concerned that we would JUST have Washington and Frank. So he publically backed Frank to let him know that he still has faith in him, whether he believed it or not.

What Frank did or didn't do, I really hope JB knows more than this board does. That seems outlandish to think otherwise.

Matt Moyer is going home to Columbus, OH tomorrow. Crap. I was hoping he'd host Tucker. We better choose his host wisely and make this a terrific visit.
For all we know Tucker and Moyer have talked and left it at "see you in June". Moyer would stay (barring a family emergency) if he thought we might not get Tucker. The fact that he's leaving shows hes confident, no?

I'd be absolutely shocked and mortified if this board knew about what FH than JB himself did...

I think it's more of a case where when JB said that...FH was the only PG on the roster. Not only that, but some of these PGs were still committed (MAL, Waters), and Ayalya was still up in the air for 2018. He probably knew we could get H.Washington but maybe he was more concerned that we would JUST have Washington and Frank. So he publically backed Frank to let him know that he still has faith in him, whether he believed it or not.

What Frank did or didn't do, I really hope JB knows more than this board does. That seems outlandish to think otherwise.
Yeah I was only half kidding. I will say Hop was
doing more than people realized in the day to day stuff.

For all we know Tucker and Moyer have talked and left it at "see you in June". Moyer would stay (barring a family emergency) if he thought we might not get Tucker. The fact that he's leaving shows hes confident, no?

Interesting take but I doubt that's it. I just think Moyer probably planned to go home this weekend and then Tucker changed his visit to this weekend. I wouldn't read too much into it. My point was that Moyer would make such a great representative of the team and school, especially if Tucker's family makes the trip, which is highly probable. We have no seniors on the team to host him, maybe Battle will be around.

Interesting take but I doubt that's it. I just think Moyer probably planned to go home this weekend and then Tucker changed his visit to this weekend. I wouldn't read too much into it. My point was that Moyer would make such a great representative of the team and school, especially if Tucker's family makes the trip, which is highly probable. We have no seniors on the team to host him, maybe Battle will be around.
Good post - forgot about Tucker's date change.

Oh well, hope this weekend is just a formality and Tucker leaves with a commitment.

I know you watched him and I trust your scout, but that composite ranking has to be wrong. King Jerry is bad at math.

Every recruiting site ite has him ranked in the 60's beside ESPN who only lists the top 60 players with the last player being Prentiss Hubb in their Rankings who Ayala is ranked just below on the guard rankings.

That's true and a good point. For underclassmen they usually cap rankings at a lower number so if you aren't in like an ESPN 60 it probably anchors your composite down a great deal by factoring in a 150 or something.

I think he's good. I just think he probably is going to have a career trajectory that's a little different than what I think some may be wishfully thinking when we compare him to better versions of past high school All Americans. And I don't think there is anything wrong with that career at all. We need good program players and I think he would be great to add to the back court for the next 4 years.

Personally, I see his career being more like Rautins, AO, Jackson, Scoop, Southerland, Joseph, Rak etc. than Ennis, Dion, Jerami, MCW, Malachi. Programs need the first group to sustain success and I'd be glad to bring him on board.

The way I see it: Ayala starts and FH and HW battle for the primary backup role. Whomever doesn't get that will get scraps. I doubt HW redshirts but I guess anything is possible. My hope is HW gets some minutes at FH's expense but based on what JB has been saying, he will have to earn his time (JB seems to like FH).

Ayala isn't a PG tho. And Battle is playing 35+ mpg next year.

Ayala, if we land him, is coming here to get big minutes. He will play most of them at the point next year, the rest to spell Battle.

I respect your intel (and Dasher's) to date. How confident are you in Ayala (assuming he is Orange) simply being serviceable and running the offense? That is if Frank continues his inability to play PG and/or reduced minutes there.

Well, there are some that very much disagree with you on Ayala's talent level.
That's fine. My opinion is just that, solely my opinion. I saw him play in person this season. He could definitely contribute and help us next season, but he's closer to Kaleb Joseph than Billy Edelin with a jumper. I hope he commits and qualifies, but people are comparing him to all American players which is unfair and incorrect.