Class of 2017 - SG/SF Jordan Tucker (NY / GA) Leaving Duke to Butler | Page 46 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 SG/SF Jordan Tucker (NY / GA) Leaving Duke to Butler

I'd have to imagine this is an easy sell. He will be showcased and a guaranteed 1st round pick in 2 years max (barring unseen circumstances). This shouldn't be that difficult of a decision for him. If he chooses to leave without committing its bad for us . There really isn't any better situation that another school has to offer.
Well without a proven point guard on the roster it might be a little tougher than you think. He is a "true 3" but will need someone to him the ball where he can score. Not sure we have that guy.

Tucker was like 5-10 years away from even being born in both cases. Georgia Tech was a good program in the late 80's and mid 90s. That was a long time ago.
and then they somehow got to the title game in 04 to play patsy for ucon :crazy:

Good luck to Mr Tucker and the coaching staff this weekend. I hope you find what you are looking for in your next stage of life.

So something nobody seems to be mentioning is, didn't his AAU teammate Alvarado commit to Georgia Tech?

Is any of our other 17' recruits going to be there this weekend or is it just current players and coaches?

Isn't he supposed to be on his official visit today until Sunday?

Tucker was like 5-10 years away from even being born in both cases. Georgia Tech was a good program in the late 80's and mid 90s. That was a long time ago.

Anderson and Marbury or pretty old examples, but they also have pulled good recruits much more recently than the late 80s (bosh, favors, shumpert, crittenden, etc).

Not a great track record in the last 5 years or so, but Partner had a great track record (recruiting anyways) at Memphis himself.

Not saying it wouldn't be disappointing to lose Tucker to Ga Tech, but I wouldn't just dismiss them out of hand. Not like we're recruiting against Rutgers and DePaul here.

Anderson and Marbury or pretty old examples, but they also have pulled good recruits much more recently than the late 80s (bosh, favors, shumpert, crittenden, etc).

Not a great track record in the last 5 years or so, but Partner had a great track record (recruiting anyways) at Memphis himself.

Not saying it wouldn't be disappointing to lose Tucker to Ga Tech, but I wouldn't just dismiss them out of hand. Not like we're recruiting against Rutgers and DePaul here.

They're better than DePaul and Rutgers, but...they haven't made the NCAA's since 2010. They've been a complete nonfactor for almost a decade. I expect to beat them on the court and for recruits.