Class of 2017 - SG/SF Jordan Tucker (NY / GA) Leaving Duke to Butler | Page 85 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 SG/SF Jordan Tucker (NY / GA) Leaving Duke to Butler

I'm not going to play a guessing game with you. Read through the thread. That should be fun. Like water torture.

Tucker has offers from Tech and SU, both teams are in big need of him. If he hasn't committed to either already that should tell you that he hopes another option comes along.

Ugh, so holding out for Duke. This keeps getting worse...

I think it's very obvious he's keeping his options open, doing his due diligence if you will. Can't blame him, he got spurned once by SU. I do think he will end up here, it's his best opportunity regardless of who offers. We'll put him in the NBA if he has the grind and mindset.

It's a waiting game, I'm not worried though. Just waiting for the last domino to fall.

IF he chooses Tech, fine. I would never begrudge a kid for staying closer to family. But IF he chooses Tech he will be playing out of position at PF which is a real disadvantage in Tech's offense particularly when Lammers is in the high post. Tucker will be in the blocks looking for dump downs and offensive boards.
And don't tell me Okogie will move to 2 to open up the 3. Partner will put his best five players on the court and that would be Alvarado, Jackson, Okogie, Tucker and Lammers. Not a bad starting five, BTW.

IF he chooses Tech, fine. I would never begrudge a kid for staying closer to family. But IF he chooses Tech he will be playing out of position at PF which is a real disadvantage in Tech's offense particularly when Lammers is in the high post. Tucker will be in the blocks looking for dump downs and offensive boards.
And don't tell me Okogie will move to 2 to open up the 3. Partner will put his best five players on the court and that would be Alvarado, Jackson, Okogie, Tucker and Lammers. Not a bad starting five, BTW.
I get what you're saying and agree with you. However, Jackson came off the bench this year - Pastner might prefer him in that role. If he does that, Okogie slides to the 2 and Tucker can be the 3. Not sure who the 4 would be, i'm not too familiar with the rest of the roster. However, Alvarado isn't a dude that's gonna come in and play 35 minutes - if Jackson is the 6th man he'll see plenty of minutes

There is a lot of elitism on this forum. Sure, I want us to get tucker as much as the next fan on this forum. However, I believe he will make his decision on less theoretical factors. How much does he want to play in front of his family? Does he want to play zone? How well does he get along with his future coaches and teammates? Does he believe either program will really enhance his NBA chances? Imho, these are the factors that will drive his decision.

I don't think it's elitism to argue why we'd be a better choice than GT for Tucker. In my OP, I addressed that the chance to play in front of family in Atlanta has its appeal. And a central argument of my post was that SU and JB have the real proven track record of getting guys to the NBA and will give Tucker the best chance to shine in the NCAA tourney and enhance his NBA profile.

Agreed that GT will try to force Tucker to play PF. And even with Okogie, Lammers, and Jackson last year, GT still finished in 11th place in the ACC and 259th overall in offensive efficiency. How much can they realistically improve? I think they're a mid-tier ACC team at best. If SU lands Tucker and a impact 5th year guard, Cuse could finish in the top 5 in the conference.

And I agree with others that Tucker is clearly waiting to see what school Kevin Knox chooses and if a Duke offer materializes.

Agreed that GT will try to force Tucker to play PF. And even with Okogie, Lammers, and Jackson last year, GT still finished in 11th place in the ACC and 259th overall in offensive efficiency. How much can they realistically improve? I think they're a mid-tier ACC team at best. If SU lands Tucker and a impact 5th year guard, Cuse could finish in the top 5 in the conference.

And I agree with others that Tucker is clearly waiting to see what school Kevin Knox chooses and if a Duke offer materializes.
does anyone have any idea when Knox plans on deciding? the last update on his thread on this forum seemed to think he was going to decide about 2 weeks ago.

does anyone have any idea when Knox plans on deciding? the last update on his thread on this forum seemed to think he was going to decide about 2 weeks ago.
No, his timeline is between now and May 7th.

I don't think it's elitism to argue why we'd be a better choice than GT for Tucker. In my OP, I addressed that the chance to play in front of family in Atlanta has its appeal. And a central argument of my post was that SU and JB have the real proven track record of getting guys to the NBA and will give Tucker the best chance to shine in the NCAA tourney and enhance his NBA profile.

By that theory it shouldn't be so hard to understand why he might be holding out for a Kentucky or Duke offer then.

Seems like Knox is the domino waiting to fall. If he picks Duke then Tucker will go for SU or GT. If Duke is spurned then they go for Tucker and he's gone.

Not surprising nowadays to see so many top guys going into May on their decisions. Bamba, Duval, Knox, Walker etc.

Knox is going to Duke. Tucker is waiting for a prayer that won't be answered. Tucker will decide between us and GT. I think we get him by a slim margin.
That's the scenario I would put my money on. I guess it's not how they commit anymore, as long as they commit... Would be nice to get all our players like Moyer or Brissett, that bleed Orange, but...

Just gonna leave those there, and if Mr. Tucker cares to stroll on by and take a look it'll give him a better perspective of where you want to be.

I think having a Hall of Fame coach gives us the edge. I think that Boeheim needs to tell recruits that he plans on coaching for 8 years or so. If he can still do it then why the hell not. This negative recruiting tactic might of bit us a few times. I also don't think we should waist our time with Ayala now that he reclassified to 2018. He basically told us how he felt about the situation in Syracuse in his most recent interview. It's clear to me he isn't sold on Syracuse. I don't want to beg recruits to come to Syracuse. We have a good enough reputation that we should be telling them where to go. An 18 year should not have the upper hand. One other note of opinion, Boeheim mentioned recruiting one at a time. I think that is silly honestly. Players should know we are recruiting other kids if they don't like it too bad we want competition. That's why we have 1st round picks every year

Knox is going to Duke. Tucker is waiting for a prayer that won't be answered. Tucker will decide between us and GT. I think we get him by a slim margin.
I'm not counting out UNC for Knox.

I also think Knox winds up at Duke. It's funny though, if Tucker is waiting on Duke I wouldn't feel too good about beating out SU if I was G-Tech.

Why do you say that?