Class of 2017 - SG/SF Jordan Tucker (NY / GA) Leaving Duke to Butler | Page 132 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 SG/SF Jordan Tucker (NY / GA) Leaving Duke to Butler

I can't recall if Frank Jackson is staying in the draft, but let's say he isn't.

PG - Frank Jackson
SG- Greyson Allen
SF- Gary Trent
PF- Wendell Carter
C - Marques Bolden

Bench - Mo Bamba
Bench - Alex O'Connell

Now I know that Tucker would most likely play over O'Connell. But K will 100% start Jackson, Allen and Trent together. Those 3 will most likely 35mpg vs. good teams, if not more, leaving Tucker with 15 at most, assuming Duke doesn't get anyone else.

What about Trevon Duval?

Yep.

We gave Tucker way too much leeway. Not sure why we played nice after that the QG debacle but I don't claim to know all the details at all.

What in the world are you talking about, please elaborate.

How did we give him too much leeway?

We went from not returning his calls to begging him to come play for us. Clearly his family is divided on where they want him to go and he was exploring options sorting through family dynamics. How were we going to turn that non-public verbal into a signed LOI any sooner; put a gun to his head?

Or maybe tell him we would revoke the offer if he didn't sign? How credible would that be given he has other offers he was seriously considering and (i) we haven't given away all our scholarships and (ii) our depth chart is basically empty at his position.

Last edited:
A verbal means squat if the kid doesn't publicize it.

Doesn't mean it isn't true - but the staff needs to realize this, too.

Ridiculous all the way around.

What is there to realize? The staff knows exactly where they stand, they are not dumb people. They can't force the kid to commit publicly or sign an LOI if he doesn't want to or isn't ready? Maybe the only reason we got a non-public commitment was because we put pressure on a kid who hadn't fully flushed out his decision (meaning hadn't gotten his whole family on board with his desires).

Maybe if it were earlier in the process and we had multiple guys looking at taking a final ship, but that isn't even remotely close to the case.

A non-public verbal is worth the paper it isn't written on. There is a reason it's not a public commitment; either he/his family wasn't 100% or he didn't want other schools like Duke to know, so that it didn't stop them from offering.

Last edited:
If you read the Duke board tucker is like an afterthought. Kid might play 5-10 minutes for them and then get recruited over next year. He comes to cuse and JB will have him in the NBA

The thread on Tucker was like 30 posts, and they were are like eh it might be nice to get him, it would be a joke if he went there.

The thread on Tucker was like 30 posts, and they were are like eh it might be nice to get him, it would be a joke if he went there.

The joke has been written, and it's just waiting for the show.

Time for the ugly truth

We have lost our edge in recruiting

And it's not Hop though he was a part of it.

We have become stale ... The hoops program is where the football program was towards the end of P.

There is a negative energy and aura surrounding it and it shows on the recruiting front

I am sure Buddy will be Orange and will be a Rautins level player for us. Next year will be crucial.

There is a reason JB came out and stated he will be here another 5-6 years. Because EVERYONE is using his age and retirement against us right now .

Aslong as we can rebound in 18 and 19, we will be ok.

Tucker is Tucker. Does he end up at Duke? Something tells me no.

But we as fans need to relax and breathe and realize the reality of the program current health.

We are in the precipous of reaching where our football program was nearly 20 years ago.

These are dangerous times
You know I am beginning to think that he wanted that offer to prove a point but really does want Cuse. Given what Knox pulled picking Kentucky you just never know. If even acknowledged he was a second choice and that's a heck of a way to enter a program of first choices. Very few players tell Duke no. Here's his chance

I think the staff recognizes our need to add a shooter but they also believe Moyer and Brissett can play the small forward role. I think they believe Frank Howard Washington can handle the point guard spot. They think/ thought Tucker would solve our shooting deficiency. We will see what happens now.

Well done!

Tucker loves retweeting. Like most kids who are 18 nowadays, the attention on social media is a big deal for them. Before the Duke offer, Tucker only had 1 more time to get attention - when he committed. Now, he is getting attention for the Duke offer, then once that settles, he will get attention when he commits. Because of this, I could see him taking the week to "decide".

I have no inside knowledge or anything, but is it a given that just because Duke offered he'd go there? Seriously, K plays 6.5 guys and once Allen said he was coming back, it really took any open time for a wing with Gary Trent in the fold.

We play in the same conference. We both have HOF coaches. We both send players on the NBA. We may not have the "allure" of Duke. But we can offer probably 35 minutes of PT a game.

We probably could have had him a year ago, but iced him out pretty hard. So I can see the irony from his side as well - we only came calling when we really needed him. He's doing to us what we did to him.

re: Coach K offering. It seems that a few knowledgeable posters in this thread today have implied he gave our coaches a verbal (much like Quade). Coach K calling is what it is. What are the chances K even knew? JB probably understands this is part of recruiting and probably goes on way more than we think, so it doesn't bother me.

For all we know Tucker may honor his rumored commitment. But by getting the Duke offer - he can brag about it.

He was going to be loved and revered here as a player If he turns Duke down and still comes the level of love will be off the charts

What in the world are you talking about, please elaborate.

How did we give him too much leeway?

We went from not returning his calls to begging him to come play for us. Clearly his family is divided on where they want him to go and he was exploring options sorting through family dynamics. How were we going to turn that non-public verbal into a signed LOI any sooner; put a gun to his head?

Or maybe tell him we would revoke the offer if he didn't sign? How credible would that be given he has other offers he was seriously considering and (i) we haven't given away all our scholarships and (ii) our depth chart is basically empty at his position.

Thank you. The narrative spun by this guy is ridiculous.

Attachments

• image1.PNG
    image1.PNG
    1.3 MB · Views: 216
JB & staff should play up the long list of highly ranked Duke recruits who had to transfer out (and gasp, waste a year of earning potential!) in order to get significant PT.

I felt we were going to beat out G-Tech for Tucker now he got the prestigious :vomit: offer he was after. The question is does he want to be a starter and play a lot of minutes or risk being buried on the bench while getting recruited over.

Last edited: