shafer and issue with jimbo fisher | Syracusefan.com

shafer and issue with jimbo fisher

Status
Not open for further replies.

tipphill

All Conference
syracuse.com has this article. what really bothers me, is shafer has a game to get ready for and he is still focusing on fsu!!!his energy needs to be on louisville!!!why on earth is he complaining about jimbo. hell, jimbo did not call the ill fated time out, the lack of su not opening up the game, using strickland more, poor tackling and bad secondary? he needs to focus on what we do, and not look for EXCUSES for what the opponent has done. stop looking at the refs, and other coaches ---look to our own house first---that is what a mature coach would do---i am a hcss suporter, but it gets harder and harder. ---clean up our own act and grow up quickly please---we have lost 2 games due to coaching-----what does that tell us

Huh? What does saying that during his weekly radio show and a convo/review of the FSU game have to do with not focusing on lville? Much ado about nothing. Every Shafer and Boeheim weekly show includes a discussion on the previous game(s).

Huh? What does saying that during his weekly radio show and a convo/review of the FSU game have to do with not focusing on lville? Much ado about nothing. Every Shafer and Boeheim weekly show includes a discussion on the previous game(s).
yes boeheim does that,--he has earned that right!!! but he usually looks to his own team first---bs shafer to needs to employ his hardnose to our own staff him included

tipphill said:
yes boeheim does that,--he has earned that right!!! but he usually looks to his own team first---bs shafer to needs to employ his hardnose to our own staff him included

Talking about the previous game and answering questions from the host about said game isn't an earned right. It's part of the show. Just another post making a mountain out of a molehill.

Lol.
another example of our coach not taking responsibility for our short comings or his faux pas. lol all u want the pitt and uva are all on us. fsu only magnifies the issues---this is not a show---it is insight to the thought process hcss. for gods sake clean up your own house first---then lets talk about what the other guy did

Last edited:
tipphill said:
another example of our coach not taking responsibility for our short comings or his faux pas. lol all u want the pitt and uva are all on us. fsu only magnifies the issues---this is not a show---it is insight to the thought process hcss. for gods sake clean up your own house first---then lets talk about what the guy did

Cmon. Jimbo skirted the issue all week and didn't follow ACC protocol. If Golston had a concussion, he should have been on the list as probable.

One person.
Well, the PS decided they needed to take it and run with it and write a story about it, too. And a few others on Twitter seemed to be bristling at it. It's such a bizarre thing to get angry about.

This. It's a complete non-issue that people are for whatever reason getting worked up about. Who gives a s***?
It's almost like people think that the day after a game finishes, everyone is supposed to move on and never even think of the previous game again after the tape is watched one time. It's mind boggling

Well, the PS decided they needed to take it and run with it and write a story about it, too. And a few others on Twitter seemed to be bristling at it. It's such a bizarre thing to get angry about.
Well, of course they did. If a subject on this board generates more than 2 or 3 posts, it goes to the top of the 'Story Idea' list

Oh, and Matt Park asked him specifically about it. He didn't raise the subject.
Did Matt Park force Shafer to take a cheap shot at an opposing head coach?

It's not a firable offense or anything to get worked up about, but it's just one more thing that can add to the perception that Shafer is a tad too emotional at best, unstable at worst.

the response would be no comment!!! lets talk about louisville

Yes, that would make great radio...if he answered every question about past games with "no comment".

smh

as i have said in many previous threads i have supported shafer, and want him extended, now, with a few caveats. his maturity on the job has been my biggest concern, which i thought he was growing into the job. to extend him now when we are having a difficult time, i believe is the right move. that said, it does not mean that everything he does should be overlooked, and written off. he should be more concerned about what he is going to do than what jimbo fisher did. i do agree with him on the point that maybe they should do away with the injury report. for the record, i am a ben carson fan as well, but i don't like his stand on the pyramids;)

Did Matt Park force Shafer to take a cheap shot at an opposing head coach?

It's not a firable offense or anything to get worked up about, but it's just one more thing that can add to the perception that Shafer is a tad too emotional at best, unstable at worst.

Explain how that is a cheap shot. He stated a fact and gave his opinion on it.

It was widely reported last week that both Golson and Cook were missing practice time. I know Jimbo said Golson was good to go on Thursday, but what I think is bothering people, is the fact that after the game Bullough used Maguire playing as an excuse.

So, in the mind of some people, it appears you have SU coaches complaining about FSU playing back-ups, and giving that as a reason for the defense's struggles during the game. I think it would be another thing if Jimbo said he had starters who were out, and then they ended up playing, not the other way around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom