Shafer Dismissed per SI | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Shafer Dismissed per SI

Fox Sports is reporting: Don’t be surprised if new Syracuse AD Mark Coyle targets a “hot” offensive guy to try and give his program a much-needed jolt. The two names that are likely to get a long look from Coyle:
  • Former Boise State OC Mike Sanford, now the offensive coordinator and QB coach at Notre Dame.
  • Oregon OC Scott Frost, who actually interviewed for the Boise State head coaching job when Bryan Harsin got it.

Bingo. You allow SS the respect of getting love as his last game as HC.

If I am getting bad news I want it straight and fast as possible. Letting him twist in the wind when the decision has been made is wrong.
Agreed. We don't need fans booing because they want him fired when he knows it's his last game. Let him have his moment.

We (as fans) and they (as administrators) can talk all they want about what's "really important" in college athletics, such as building young men and women, learning team work, earning degrees, etc., but it really is just about money and fans feeling good about themselves because their team beat someone else's team. Shame on all of us.

In all seriousness, if we are going to focus on academics when it comes to football, we should consider dropping down to FCS. In the power 5, football is about football. Its all about $. I am not saying I disagree with you, but we can't play with the big boys without playing with the big boys.

Fox Sports is reporting: Don’t be surprised if new Syracuse AD Mark Coyle targets a “hot” offensive guy to try and give his program a much-needed jolt. The two names that are likely to get a long look from Coyle:
  • Former Boise State OC Mike Sanford, now the offensive coordinator and QB coach at Notre Dame.
  • Oregon OC Scott Frost, who actually interviewed for the Boise State head coaching job when Bryan Harsin got it.
Boy, if only people here on this board had been talking about those two names for several days now.

See, I would LOVE either of these guys...especially Frost.

Patricia's isn't leaving Belichick till late January and very likely February. He isn't getting this job or a college job. He is likely on the road to an NFL HC job.
Agreed, just interesting that someone went to him. Never thought he would come down to the college level.

In all seriousness, if we are going to focus on academics when it comes to football, we should consider dropping down to FCS. In the power 5, football is about football. Its all about $. I am not saying I disagree with you, but we can't play with the big boys without playing with the big boys.
upload_2015-11-23_11-6-27.jpeg

Biggest mistake on Coyles part. They should of gave him one more year to play his team. The seniors on this team are babies who never liked the coaching change to begin with. He has proven he brought in talent look at Fredericks, Clark and Dungey. Anyone who comes in is going to get Shafes team. You have two years of recruiting classes that believe in him and are talented. Anyone who says any different can jump off a bridge. You had seniors who had a giant chip on their shoulder and could of cared less. Coyle had his own agenda from the beginning. If he wanted to really give him a chance he would of waited until HCSS got to play his team. Not happy at all with this decision.

Oh

In year three? And how many of them are left?

Aren't those seniors part of the lockerroom that pushed for him?
That's what they said. It's all BS. They have never liked the coaching change they were done. They didn't give 100% in hopes he'd losee his job. That is a fact

As inevitable as this was, I must say this makes me sad. I SO wanted him to be the guy. He checked all the boxes, except for wins. People who talk about the gameday decisions, well, that is something that could have been fixed - probably. Other than that, he was the perfect guy for Syracuse. Commitment to the kids, academics, doing things the 'right' way... If I had a son, I'd be happy to have him play for Coach Shafer.

I know, with his background, he will have no trouble finding a DC job somewhere very soon. I wish nothing but the best for Scott, Missy, the kids, and the rest of his staff. A sad day, but a day to be looking forward and to be excited about the future.

I hope those at the Dome on Saturday give him the send-off he deserves.

Best of luck, HCSS. Thanks for everything you did, and tried to do.

That's what they said. It's all BS. They have never liked the coaching change they were done. They didn't give 100% in hopes he'd losee his job. That is a fact

Who is "they"?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diamondmakr

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom