Shafer new DC at Maryland | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Shafer new DC at Maryland

Good for him. Some of the best news that I have heard today. Plus I would rather have him in the Big10 than coaching against us in the ACC.

I think the B10 is a better fit for him than the ACC.

Congrats to Coach Shafer. I think it was a great hire by Maryland and I expect him to do big things there. Just don't steal recruits from us! haha :)

I preferred not looking at Maryland in a positive light, but FINE Shafe...Great to hear!

We do in 2019, assuming he's still there.

That's 4 seasons from now and shelf lives are becoming shorter than that. But 4 seasons from now I won't care and there won't be any shaf players left but a couple.

In conference is what I didn't want to see.

Hate Maryland, love DCSS.
As for "who will transfer out" stuff, I'm personally over that.
HCDB has bought a new look and attitude to SU ftball. If they wanna leave, then don't let the door hit you. We'll be just fine!
Agree!!

Congrats to Coach Shafer! He is a very solid person and I wish him well. The DC metro area is a decent place to end up.

As for playing Maryland in 2019, bring it on. FHCSS' defenses have struggled with stopping the WR screen.

Back to the NFL. Look at the SF 49ers without him. If he could go the Colts this offseason he probably would. He can't leave Michigan after 1 year. He won't be longterm at Michigan.

He didn't want to leave the NFL last year but went back to Michigan for insane money.

Read the book Endzone. Harbaugh is not going anywhere. He's going to retire in Ann Arbor. It's not even a question.

Way to go Shaf!

That's 4 seasons from now and shelf lives are becoming shorter than that. But 4 seasons from now I won't care and there won't be any shaf players left but a couple.

In conference is what I didn't want to see.

At that point, Shafer is barely going to care. Just another football game he'd want his team to win.

Congrats to FHCSS/DCSS. Hope each game goes well (except for one little one in 2019).

CuseLegacy said:
Good for him. Some of the best news that I have heard today. Plus I would rather have him in the Big10 than coaching against us in the ACC.

Congrats to Scott. It is an easier ride to Ithaca from College Park than from Ann Arbor. More importantly, Durkin appears more likely to remain at Maryland for a long time as opposed to say Harbaugh at Michigan.

OrangePA said:
Very pleased. That took no time at all. A pretty good indication that Scott Shafer is a very highly regarded football coach. I hope he wins every game - unless and until he plays the Orange!

I just can't root for Maryland to win games. Can't do it. But I do like Shafer and hope/expect him to do well.

I hope that Rutgers and Maryland with their dueling Ohio State/Michigan DCs have terrible offenses. And I hope Penn State continues to screw up their OC choices. So that every talented offensive kid in the northeast decides to play for King Dino and high octane temperature controlled empire.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sdot

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom