Shogun | Syracusefan.com

Shogun

ar inj what didn’t you like about the show?! It’s really good!! Lol

why is this here ? somebody fall on their sword tonite ?

Saw somewhere it was compared to GOT. Any truth to that?

That’s lofty. But it is very well done so far. I’m skeptical about the fight scenes being great, but fingers crossed.

Definitely not for people who don’t like reading, though. They speak Japanese with subtitles.

My father wasn’t afraid of the Shogun, but the Shogun was afraid of him.

While we’re at it. Total War: Shogun 2, great computer game.

That’s lofty. But it is very well done so far. I’m skeptical about the fight scenes being great, but fingers crossed.

Definitely not for people who don’t like reading, though. They speak Japanese with subtitles.
100% subtitles??? Mixed?

It was either talk about this, our recent BMs, or whatever it is our players were doing on the court tonight.

This seemed preferable.
You could always just not talk.

100% subtitles??? Mixed?

When any non-Japanese language is being spoken (Spanish, Portuguese, English) it’s English. But the rest is subtitles.

My wife is a subtitles/closed caption person; I usually am not. But it works. I think the show would feel weird if they were all speaking English. It’s just annoying sometimes that I can’t check my phone to see how much Syracuse is losing by while a Japanese person is speaking.

Yep, I’m hooked. I like period, big film stuff like this. It has all of the ingredients.

When any non-Japanese language is being spoken (Spanish, Portuguese, English) it’s English. But the rest is subtitles.

My wife is a subtitles/closed caption person; I usually am not. But it works. I think the show would feel weird if they were all speaking English. It’s just annoying sometimes that I can’t check my phone to see how much Syracuse is losing by while a Japanese person is speaking.

It's like Red October.

The Russians speak in English.

Alec Baldwin just mumbles.

how many people on this thread know that the original Shogun was an 80s mini series?

richard chamberlain was the all 80's mini series GOLDEN GLOBE GOAT. nominated for best actor CENTENNIAL 1979. won for SHOGUN 1980 . won for THORN BIRDS 83.

(fwiw it's worth my girlfriend binged the entire VHS thorn bird series in one night. she'd had them for weeks and i promised a friend i return them the next day. and she made it to work ! can't say i say any of them.

Last edited:
I did watch it in the 80s although barely remember it.
The new series is great!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom