Should We Schedule another Home and Home With UConn? | Syracusefan.com

Should We Schedule another Home and Home With UConn?

TexanMark

Tailgate Guru
Pros:

Endless wins UFN
Short trip for most fans and team
Team recruits CT
Lots of future students and alumni live in CT
Great tailgating at the Aero Club

Cons:

Pulls down our strength of schedule
Their fans are among the most obnoxious
They draw flies currently and a 2 for 1 is more fair
Why legitimize them?

I could go either way. Main reason I wouldn’t is that it’s not a good draw for our home attendance. Pretty much any mid major would draw the same attendance so I’d rather play someone else and not help them.

I do agree the biggest pro is that it’s an easy road game for many to attend (myself especially). But not many recruits ever emerge from CT. I’d rather a road trip somewhere warmer where more recruits are. Even Rutgers is better for that reason.

A regular home and home with a military school would be a preference. Navy at Annapolis or West Point are both better.

Still don't know why not UMASS. They should play all their OOC games in the northeast.

Pros:

Endless wins UFN
Short trip for most fans and team
Team recruits CT
Lots of future students and alumni live in CT
Great tailgating at the Aero Club

Cons:

Pulls down our strength of schedule
Their fans are among the most obnoxious
They draw flies currently and a 2 for 1 is more fair
Why legitimize them?

No.

I do not want to do anything that legitimizes that program.

No. Rutgers is the easier opponent with more recruiting opportunities. Not that uconn could ever beat us. A 50 point win is more impressive than a 30 point win.

Make it soon before it can get turned around and thats fine can't see us losing. No point scheduling something 5 years out with them.

The attendance at their place 2 years ago vs us was pretty good and a fun environment but I didn't mind the back and forth and being yelled at and cursed at I just asked them where the famous mac and cheese was.

I'm still devastated we bailed on the Wisconsin series. The ACC is pretty bad all of a sudden a 1 loss Clemson wouldn't control their own destiny. I don't think its a good thing that ND is the only big program coming up OOC.

Still don't know why not UMASS. They should play all their OOC games in the northeast.

I'd hang up the phone if they asked for a home and home. 2 for 1 or a buy game I consider it.

Shocked they fired their coach wonder who they are looking at they only paid him 500k a year.

2020 we have 2 open dates still. I don't think we can go FCS because if you do then you have to travel to Tuscaloosa to balance it out with Buttgers and Liberty the 2 other games scheduled we'd be ridiculed if 2020 happened to be a good season if we played FCS/Buttgers/Liberty/weak FBS.

Maybe 3-1. 1-1 with UConn would be almost as embarrassing as the 1-1 with Liberty.
We have a 2 for 1 with Liberty
2019 Syracuse Football Schedule | Future Schedules

I think you are confusing them with Western Michigan

One thing in UConn's favor is we need to start scheduling winnable games 2020 and out...Maybe a 3 for 2, not sure they would take a 2 for 1? I mean they put the "P" in P6.

Last edited:
Maybe 3-1. 1-1 with UConn would be almost as embarrassing as the 1-1 with Liberty.

We'd have half the fans at the road game and its close to an automatic W. If we lose the Dome for a season to the renos playing them away makes sense.

Next year we obviously scheduled with this in mind as HC and WMU are the only home dates though it didn't move quickly enough. For 2020 its just Liberty thats at home.

If there is no Dome you can travel to the rent and piscattaway AND go play the first game of a home and home with a blue blood and not be overscheduled. Then you get the blue blood return game at the newly renovated Dome.

I'd hang up the phone if they asked for a home and home. 2 for 1 or a buy game I consider it.

Shocked they fired their coach wonder who they are looking at they only paid him 500k a year.

2020 we have 2 open dates still. I don't think we can go FCS because if you do then you have to travel to Tuscaloosa to balance it out with Buttgers and Liberty the 2 other games scheduled we'd be ridiculed if 2020 happened to be a good season if we played FCS/Buttgers/Liberty/weak FBS.

We will definitely play an FCS in 2020, the big question is who the other game will be against, a good G5? Bad G5? Are we really worry about being ridiculed? Just freaking keep winning.

We will definitely play an FCS in 2020, the big question is who the other game will be against, a good G5? Bad G5? Are we really worry about being ridiculed? Just freaking keep winning.

Clemson is on the road that year so you are probably right.

They're just another tomato can at this point.

Disagree.

Fans in the NE can (should) pack the Dome at home games.

Plenty of Syracuse alums and displaced CNY’ers elsewhere that would love to see a game within a 4 hour drive that, otherwise, cannot get back to upstate NY during football season to catch one

Not every OOC game has to be up there.

As for UMASS, nobody cares. Buy a UMASS hoodie and season tickets from their program and shut up about it already.

Why legitimize them?
This right there. Playing them only helps them it does nothing for SU. We shouldn't be helping them.

Same in basketball too, no need to play them anymore. The Big East is over and dead with everyone needs to move on. Aside from Georgetown and maybe St.Johns just for the NYC aspect, no need to play any other former Big East schools in season.

We need to schedule Albany and Buffalo honestly for football.