Shrader | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Shrader

Shrader coming back and saying things will be light years ahead next year and that’s why he’s coming back is pretty encouraging. I’m actually shocked and beyond happy bc I love the kid and the way he plays
his track record with predictions has been pretty good.

Shrader coming back and saying things will be light years ahead next year and that’s why he’s coming back is pretty encouraging. I’m actually shocked and beyond happy bc I love the kid and the way he plays

Yeah, this sets up very nicely for us moving forward.

Shrader with a 2nd year in the same system (for the first time in his college career!) getting to add that much more knowledge and experience to his excellent running and vastly improved passing, will be fantastic to see!

His situational awareness, decision making and reads will improve, which were really the areas that he sometimes struggled with this past season.

Another year with Beck & Anae should do wonders for that.

CDRW is QB2, and we’ve got LaNorris likely taking a RS season to adjust to college ball, so he’s ready to compete to be QB1 that following season.

Yeah, this sets up very nicely for us moving forward.

Shrader with a 2nd year in the same system (for the first time in his college career!) getting to add that much more knowledge and experience to his excellent running and vastly improved passing, will be fantastic to see!

His situational awareness, decision making and reads will improve, which were really the areas that he sometimes struggled with this past season.

Another year with Beck & Anae should do wonders for that.

CDRW is QB2, and we’ve got LaNorris likely taking a RS season to adjust to college ball, so he’s ready to compete to be QB1 that following season.
QB2 is up for grabs next year.

Why are you shocked?

Yeah, need to keep him healthy and improve QB2.

his track record with predictions has been pretty good.
He told me to my face when I met him after the spring game “oh we’re gonna be good this season” and he was right. Light years beyond this season is NY6 bowling. Idk about all that but we’re trending in the right direction, really exciting times.

I just didn’t know if he wanted to play another year. Kid has taken a beating so that’s only reason.
ONe line that was intriguing was when he said something along the lines of I can tell you this I won't be playing for anyone else next year. Something about it has me thinking he is strong lean to coming back but moving on with life is also an option.

at this point will it make sense to even recruit heavily the QB position if the real recruitment will occur in the portal?

I feel like QB is going to be a ferris wheel of activity for teams like SU who can offer immediate starting jobs for guys who are layered at hte big boy schools.

At times, he did hold the ball too long...but that wasn't the part of your post I was referencing.

This is: "next year, he could be a very poor man's tebow (emphasis on very poor man). big strong gamer that's hard to bring down who has a tendency to hold on to it too long but when he does throw it, throws it to the right spots despite not being a good thrower"

SMH, but not surprised.
I think the confusion here is you and Money are reading Millhouse as being super negative about Shrader when he really isn't. I think he likes Shrader. When he posted earlier that he doesn't want to see Peg leg Shrader, its not that he doesn't want to see him on the field. He doesn't want to see him on the field playing injured as he's not nearly as effective when he is. He wants him protected and healthy. When he says the comments about him holding on to the ball too long and PFF grades are only accounting for thrown balls, he just disagrees with that part of their metric which I understand. Its just like when Devito was the QB, taking unnecessary sacks when you can get rid of the ball hurts the offense big time. Millhouse is more pointing out that the PFF is not comprehensive enough to state who the best QB performers were if it leave that out.

But...he also complained about Shrader not throwing the ball away which WAS a bit of an issue later in the season. But I really don't think it is a large fault in his game. The only reason it occurred is because he was playing a bit hurt and his mobility was reduced. He is used to being able to hold onto the ball breaking away from pressure and usually picking up first downs with his legs or possibly passing for a completion. Many of his best moments are doing this. It has to be hard for him to change that timing in his mind and realize, oh I'm not going to get out of this situation like I normally do. And he'd probably get better with this with more time playing hurt but who wants that. Hopefully he can stay healthy in 2023 and we can dominate on O all year. He could have a huge 2023. Especially if he gets a couple OL pieces and a weapon back in Isaiah Jones and and an improving young WR unit on the whole. Not to mention everybody getting more comfortable in the system which is just 1 year in.

ONe line that was intriguing was when he said something along the lines of I can tell you this I won't be playing for anyone else next year. Something about it has me thinking he is strong lean to coming back but moving on with life is also an option.
I inferred it to mean he was considering going pro (NFL combine/XFL/ USFL) but will probably just come back next season. I know everyone will say he’s not an NFL talent but there are now more pro options than ever before.

I think the confusion here is you and Money are reading Millhouse as being super negative about Shrader when he really isn't. I think he likes Shrader. When he posted earlier that he doesn't want to see Peg leg Shrader, its not that he doesn't want to see him on the field. He doesn't want to see him on the field playing injured as he's not nearly as effective when he is. He wants him protected and healthy. When he says the comments about him holding on to the ball too long and PFF grades are only accounting for thrown balls, he just disagrees with that part of their metric which I understand. Its just like when Devito was the QB, taking unnecessary sacks when you can get rid of the ball hurts the offense big time. Millhouse is more pointing out that the PFF is not comprehensive enough to state who the best QB performers were if it leave that out.

But...he also complained about Shrader not throwing the ball away which WAS a bit of an issue later in the season. But I really don't think it is a large fault in his game. The only reason it occurred is because he was playing a bit hurt and his mobility was reduced. He is used to being able to hold onto the ball breaking away from pressure and usually picking up first downs with his legs or possibly passing for a completion. Many of his best moments are doing this. It has to be hard for him to change that timing in his mind and realize, oh I'm not going to get out of this situation like I normally do. And he'd probably get better with this with more time playing hurt but who wants that. Hopefully he can stay healthy in 2023 and we can dominate on O all year. He could have a huge 2023. Especially if he gets a couple OL pieces and a weapon back in Isaiah Jones and and an improving young WR unit on the whole. Not to mention everybody getting more comfortable in the system which is just 1 year in.

Is that what Mulhouse said about PFF? I must have missed that part during our discussion about PFF. If he did, he’s wrong. PFF isn’t comprehensive? The grades are based upon about 25 different metrics and film watching. That’s more comprehensive than anything else that can be thrown out there.

I inferred it to mean he was considering going pro (NFL combine/XFL/ USFL) but will probably just come back next season. I know everyone will say he’s not an NFL talent but there are now more pro options than ever before.
This is a better situation than sub tier pro

He’s not an nfl Qb at this time.

Great improvement, needs more.

Is that what Mulhouse said about PFF? I must have missed that part during our discussion about PFF. If he did, he’s wrong. PFF isn’t comprehensive? The grades are based upon about 25 different metrics and film watching. That’s more comprehensive than anything else that can be thrown out there.
I believe that is what Millhouse was saying below.
when he does that, his passing efficiency numbers and yards per attempt might go down and that's ok. His biggest flaw this year was hanging on to the ball too long and not throwing the ball, which isn't captured in stats that only measure thrown balls. whoever is doing that grading is putting it all on the everyone else which i think is silly

next year, he could be a very poor man's tebow (emphasis on very poor man). big strong gamer that's hard to bring down who has a tendency to hold on to it too long but when he does throw it, throws it to the right spots despite not being a good thrower

Weather PFF's metric for that graphic included it or not I don't know. I think PFF named it QB grades and not QB Passing grades so if they include that many metrics you would think that would be included somehow.

We all know Shraders strengths and weaknesses. I just didn't understand the reason why he was so adamant about discrediting a service that saw the positives that Shrader displayed. None of us thinks he's Bryce Young but we don't act like pff guys don't know anything.

And Pegleg Shrader was mentioned by OttoinGrotto. Sorry for the confusion there. But my point still stands regarding him taking sacks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom