Skipping Bowls? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Skipping Bowls?

If bowls want to be prestigious, and have players actually play in them, then they should start cutting in players on profits. Let's see how many of them still want to operate if they had to pay 50% of profits to a pool that was evenly distributed to the players.

I agree that the bowls should pay the kids to play. I wouldn't be surprised if that happens in the near future.

I really don't understand the economics of some of these bowl games. Do they still force (or didn't they once force) the schools to buy up a certain number of tickets?

I agree that the bowls should pay the kids to play. I wouldn't be surprised if that happens in the near future.

I really don't understand the economics of some of these bowl games. Do they still force (or didn't they once force) the schools to buy up a certain number of tickets?
That would probably knock out some of the smaller bowls I imagine and push the cutoff to 7-5 possibly (which is probably the right minimum).

Coaches have contracts and all that is spelled out in their contracts. Of course, no one is forced to sign a contracts and schools won't create contracts they can't get a coach to sign. There are also buyout clauses that are happily paid. Maybe players should have buyout for NILs.

Since NIL is for name, image, and likeness use, and specifically IS NOT for playing, how would you put a buyout clause for something you aren’t allowed to pay a player for anyway into an NIL deal? Your suggestion is immediately unworkable as a result.

The most likely solution is to pay players to play in bowl games (probably through some convoluted approach) - but even then anyone that’s a projected 1st/2nd rounder is unlikely to play because there’s no way to pay them enough to offset the risk of injury and dropping in the draft.

Since NIL is for name, image, and likeness use, and specifically IS NOT for playing, how would you put a buyout clause for something you aren’t allowed to pay a player for anyway into an NIL deal? Your suggestion is immediately unworkable as a result.

The most likely solution is to pay players to play in bowl games (probably through some convoluted approach) - but even then anyone that’s a projected 1st/2nd rounder is unlikely to play because there’s no way to pay them enough to offset the risk of injury and dropping in the draft.
Name Image and Likeness is worthless if a player opts out of playing. Let’s not pretend players are really being paid for their Name Image Likeness.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom