Skipping Bowls? | Syracusefan.com

Skipping Bowls?

xc84

Living Legend
With NIL payments, should players be able to skip bowls?

NIL isn’t tied to playing for any school

It’s tied only to their Name Image and Likeness
Uh Huh Sure GIF

I don't like it, but don't see a solution. If a player wants to enter the portal and be somewhere else in the spring or not risk injury before the draft, that trumps the fans interest in seeing everyone play another game.

Bowl-based bragging rights are now a thing of the past, as every argument will devolve to "We woulda won if everybody showed up... "

Just gotta hope that whatever game I flip to is entertaining on it's own with some backups in the mix.

I don't like it, but don't see a solution. If a player wants to enter the portal and be somewhere else in the spring or not risk injury before the draft, that trumps the fans interest in seeing everyone play another game.

Bowl-based bragging rights are now a thing of the past, as every argument will devolve to "We woulda won if everybody showed up... "

Just gotta hope that whatever game I flip to is entertaining on it's own with some backups in the mix.
I think that argument is similar to "we would have won if everyone was healthy".

Yes. It is a completely meaningless exhibition, especially as a 6-6 team.
I don't think many of our players will opt out, they are playing to prove they belong on next year's team.

I don't think many of our players will opt out, they are playing to prove they belong on next year's team.
Correct. I'm just saying players shouldn't be forced to play in it. They can make the decisions that are best for them.

If you're planning on staying next year, it's definitely in your best interest to do so.

Correct. I'm just saying players shouldn't be forced to play in it. They can make the decisions that are best for them.

If you're planning on staying next year, it's definitely in your best interest to do so.
Really wasn't disagreeing with you, just with a new coach, a players best interest is to show him how good you are.

Yes. It is a completely meaningless exhibition, especially as a 6-6 team.
Counts just as much as any of our regular season games did and counts towards our 2023 permanent record. If this was meaningless so were the last couple games of the season.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom