So Babers is sold on Shrader? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

So Babers is sold on Shrader?

What’s our record with Tommy starting though? Good wins against UNC and FSU in 2018(not starts but I’ll give it to him), GT last year, and Duke in 2019 when he went like 6-15.

He’s literally thrown us to a win ONCE in his career - against UNC. People act like he’s some Brett Favre gunslinger. Two of his only wins was handing the ball off, and game managing. The hell are we even clinging to with him at this point?
What did Shrader do tonight other than hand off the ball and game manage?

Yup. Of course. I agree I will say, though I believe the worst decision Dino has made in SIX Years was starting GS tonight and we still won. He literally went with a worse QB and it BLOWS my mind. Like speechless type stuff and I’m not even a Tommy fan!!
He went with the worse down field passer. There is more to being a QB than down field passing. It boggles my mind so many people don't get this.

This team cannot overcome negative plays. Shrader is less likely to hit a big play, but those happen maybe 1-2 times a game. He is MUCH less likely to have a negative play than Tommy.

Outside of the deep sideline passes which hit once a game what does Tommy even do half way decently?

Shrader is the better runner. He has more poise in the pocket. He can hit the short passes fine. If he is doing his job and the OL is not committing penalties, we will not need to pass it down the field. I rather have Tommy on 3rd and 7, but I rather have 3rd and 3 with Shrader than 3rd and 7 in the 1st place.

Shrader is not an NFL prospect and is flawed but he gives us the best chance at 6 Ws. Just like RJ and Hunt did.

What’s our record with Tommy starting though? Good wins against UNC and FSU in 2018(not starts but I’ll give it to him), GT last year, and Duke in 2019 when he went like 6-15.

He’s literally thrown us to a win ONCE in his career - against UNC. People act like he’s some Brett Favre gunslinger. Two of his only wins was handing the ball off, and game managing. The hell are we even clinging to with him at this point?
I don’t even like Tommy. I’m tired of Tommy. But, it’s silly to think that a guy who can’t throw a 10 yard slant in the ACC is the answer. It blows my mind that we’re here.

LOL forgot about Tommy's stat line vs Duke in 2019. He is the better passer hands down but that is funny.

He went with the worse down field passer. There is more to being a QB than down field passing. It boggles my mind so many people don't get this.

This team cannot overcome negative plays. Shrader is less likely to hit a big play, but those happen maybe 1-2 times a game. He is MUCH less likely to have a negative play than Tommy.

Outside of the deep sideline passes which hit once a game what does Tommy even do half way decently?

Shrader is the better runner. He has more poise in the pocket. He can hit the short passes fine. If he is doing his job and the OL is not committing penalties, we will not need to pass it down the field. I rather have Tommy on 3rd and 7, but I rather have 3rd and 3 with Shrader than 3rd and 7 in the 1st place.

Shrader is not an NFL prospect and is flawed but he gives us the best chance at 6 Ws. Just like RJ and Hunt did.
Agree to disagree. Tommy is almost twice as fast as GS and I DONT EVEN LIKE TOMMY

What did Shrader do tonight other than hand off the ball and game manage?
Not turn it over, not take sacks, not run to the right and throw it out bounds because you
Can’t read the defense or see the field, and running the ball with a purpose and smelling the end zone and getting in twice. Tommy get in there?

Again...I didn’t even post about Shrader.

I asked about Tommy. He made some big throws against UNC 3 years ago. What since? We already know we’re not winning with him.

I don’t even like Tommy. I’m tired of Tommy. But, it’s silly to think that a guy who can’t throw a 10 yard slant in the ACC is the answer. It blows my mind that we’re here.
Where did Shrader miss a 10 yard slant? BTW is that even in the playbook? His throws over 15 yards are not going to be great. You act like he throws like Welch or Mahoney and that is just flat out false. If you are going to criticize him at least be factual.

Where did Shrader miss a 10 yard slant? BTW is that even in the playbook? His throws over 15 yards are not going to be great. You act like he throws like Welch or Mahoney and that is just flat out false. If you are going to criticize him at least be factual.
He didn’t miss one. He didn’t throw one. Lol. Coaches were keeping the plays within his wheelhouse

He didn’t miss one. He didn’t throw one. Lol. Coaches were keeping the plays within his wheelhouse
Tommy is the same age as like six NFL starters and he struggles in what is supposed to be a simple offense to ”get”. I don’t think it’s the physical skills that hold him back.

I think this team needs an RJ Anderson type QB and I think that‘s Shrader

Tommy is the same age as like six NFL starters and he struggles in what is supposed to be a simple offense to ”get”. I don’t think it’s the physical skills that hold him back.

I think this team needs an RJ Anderson type QB and I think that‘s Shrader
simple offense?

3 years of starts tells us that in reality he wouldn’t have done that though.
We’ve been through this. We all have PTSD and are unwilling to let Tommy be better than the Tommy we’ve all determined he is. I’ve struggled with this as well. We’re all doing the whole “we know he sucks, he’s proven it”. Whereas I think he’s incrementally Better this year. He’ll never be a stud.

if GS stays in I hope he’s amazing. Would love it. I’m just a knucklehead message board guy. I have no idea. Lol

I hope GS kills it vs. FSU. I just see it differently. I think we win by 21 tonight with TD. He would’ve placed the ball in tuckers belly the same amount and actually complete some downfield passes. Can you imagine? Lol
You missed the game if you didn't see the positive plays Shrader made. Tommy would have wilted under pressure. How the F do we win by 21 with Tommy? We didn't leave 21 points on the field.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom