So Moyer | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

So Moyer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Moyer contributes more than on the court. He hones the psyche of the team into a tight bond. This guy is our heart and soul. Teammates love him and he them . He’s a keeper

You're changing the argument. The thread is about Moyer. And br801 responded to your post about his 3 pt shooting. Now you bring up bench play in the NCAAT. That's not what he was responding to. View attachment 125260
I should know better than to go down those rabbit holes by now.

How long does it take a sprained ankle to heal? He got hurt on 1/24
My sprained ankle didn't feel 100% better for around 6 months. Granted I just did P.T., and wasn't being tended to the way MM is, but my ortho, and P.T. both told me that a bad sprain takes longer to fully heal than a broken ankle. I could walk, and run on it after about 2 months, but it was very tight, and painful, and that didn't go away until around 6 months. If he had a bad ankle sprain, there is no way he was fully recovered.

ok. not sure i catch your drift. i'll give you one more shot to defend SU bench play in the tourney and then i can post post some pretty sad numbers for you to prove my point. erode away.

We just had a great tourney run and all a handful of you want to do is bitch about something.

My sprained ankle didn't feel 100% better for around 6 months. Granted I just did P.T., and wasn't being tended to the way MM is, but my ortho, and P.T. both told me that a bad sprain takes longer to fully heal than a broken ankle. I could walk, and run on it after about 2 months, but it was very tight, and painful, and that didn't go away until around 6 months. If he had a bad ankle sprain, there is no way he was fully recovered.
I'll guess you weren't trying to play D-1 basketball during your rehab either.

We just had a great tourney run and all a handful of you want to do is bitch about something.
Or point out legitimate concerns. You can be happy about the run and also want improvement to certaim things and players

we also were sub 500 in conference. always room for improvement and not just happy with the status quo.
furthermore you mods might at least take the time to read a whole thread before jumping in half cocked.

we also were sub 500 in conference. always room for improvement and not just happy with the status quo.
furthermore you mods might at least take the time to read a whole thread before jumping in half cocked.
john-bobbitt.jpg

I read the whole thread. And I read what you posted. And I replied to what you posted. All anyone can do here is read what someone posts, not what they may have meant.
upload_2018-3-25_16-16-27.gif

He came back weeks earlier than he should have from this injury, because our depth was in such dire straits with Sidibe being a game-to-game question mark for even being able to play, as well. As you point out, a high ankle sprain soft tissue injury can take a LONG time to recover from. Moyer put the team ahead of his own self interests by trying to at least give it a go.

In a recent article, Dolezaj correctly pointed out that Chukwu was dealing with nagging injuries, and both Sidibe and Moyer were playing on one leg, basically. Some of Moyer's struggles can undoubtedly be attributed to this high ankle sprain.

Now, I certainly will not dispute that Moyer had some ups and downs. He's much more versatile than he showed this past year. But whether he's a "redshirt" frosh or a true frosh doesn't alter the fact that he was inexperienced. He was injured last year, and got injured this year as well. Next season, he won't be so green. He'll have starting experience under his belt, as well as NCAA tournament experience. He'll hopefully be healthy moving forward instead of being physically impaired, which will make a big difference.

No question that Moyer has things to work on -- notably, his physique and perimeter game. But he's a hard worker, he is an aggressive rebounder, and his on-court performance will improve IMO as a function of having some PT under his belt. He needs to spend the offseason getting into better shape, working hard in the weight room, and gaining strength -- all of which will also help his game.

Moyer is a guy who's best basketball is ahead of him. Most frosh [redshirt or otherwise] see a jump in their readiness factor between freshman and sophomore year. I expect Moyer to come back next year not only more physically ready to compete, but also improved as a function of experience, and having the game slow down for him.

It is also important to note [again, my opinion only] that he'll likely have a diminished role next year, with Bazley coming in. Nothing wrong with that -- it doesn't impact his developmental curve. Moyer will provide superior depth in our forward rotation, and be poised for bigger things when he's an upperclassman -- after Bazley and Brissett are both likely gone.

I don't connect with some of the sentiment expressed in this thread questioning whether he's a D1 caliber player -- to me, that seems completely off-target. In two years, I think he'll be a quality starter caliber player with the ability to step out and hit mid-range shots, handle the ball a bit, and also be more physically suited to handle the rigors of playing inside. After Kris Joseph's up-and-down freshman campaign, we had a poster question whether he had D1 athleticism -- which seems absurd in retrospect. Players struggling as frosh is nothing new, nor is it an indicator of future performance. By all accounts, Moyer is a hard worker. He needs to reshape his body and work on his offensive refinement. The potential is there for him to be an above average starter down the road, and that's exactly what I'd expect Moyer to develop into over the next two years.

It might not seem like it now, but I think we're going to be happy as a fanbase to have Moyer as an upperclassman starter. And if he gets recruited over -- disco. But I wouldn't be so quick to write this kid off, despite his uneven play and struggles at times this year. The injury was undoubtedly a huge setback.

I read the whole thread. And I read what you posted. And I replied to what you posted. All anyone can do here is read what someone posts, not what they may have meant. View attachment 125264
well having read the entire thread you realize i like MnM'S game and would like him to stick around.

Or point out legitimate concerns. You can be happy about the run and also want improvement to certaim things and players

I don’t consider what some of you post as pointing out concerns.

And I’m not talking just about this thread.

So you think the mods don't read the threads they're moderating?

And I’m not talking just about this thread.

I remember back when we were recruiting that Donte Greene / Flynn / Rick / Scoop class, we had a chance to land a 6-8 forward / good athlete named Alex Tyus, who really wanted to come here. Instead, we ended up going with Donte Greene, who was a higher rated recruit / McD's all american. I don't think you can question the logic of taking the higher rated Greene over Tyus, who ended up at Florida, but I wonder if we would have been better off the next three years if we had.

Well, Tyus ended up being at Florida for all four years [three year starter], whereas Greene was only here for one season, an NIT year [unfortunately]. In the same way that it is legitimate IMHO to question whether Rick / Scoop had a bigger impact on our program than Greene / Flynn, I think it is legitimate to question whether we might have been better off taking Tyus and getting four years of him at the 4 instead of the one year of Greene.

I think there's a lot of Alex Tyus in Moyer. Wouldn't be remotely surprised to see him step in for Brissett after next year, and performing well. In two years, I could easily see him being a 12 / 7 guy -- nothing wrong with that. Our program has typically been as strong as the four year program guys we've had -- look forward to us getting back to that paradigm now that we're back up to full strength scholarship wise, and will [likely] have a strong nucleus returning next year, for a change.

recruiting has indeed become a new science. weighing the one and done (carmelo) against the potential of a 4 year program guy. i don't thinks there's a logarithm out there for success. but it is a formula the better coaches best get a grip on.

Some of you unintelligent folks who come in here and talk all this nonsense talking about players are terrible, and never give them a chance after half a season of being injured and all that is half the reason some of the people we loved on here don’t come back and share their info. Some people saying stuff like Moyer isn’t a D1 player at all, saying his injury preseason last year didn’t existent and other stuff is just ridiculous. Non D1 players don’t drop 18 on UCONN and rebound the way he has at times if they aren’t D1 players. To say his ankle didn’t effect him this year is just idiotic as well. Did y’all seriously not see the picture of his ankle? Stop talking about stuff you have no idea what you’re talking about. They’re players at schools every year that break out out of no where to become all conference e players and such. Do I think that’ll be Moyer? No, but that doesn’t mean he can’t come produce off the bench and be a backend starter down the line. The kid needs to hit the gym, turn some of that weight into muscle and work on that mid Ranger. Stop judging players off of limited minutes in his first live season in two years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom