So Moyer | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

So Moyer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moyer was better when he was getting more minutes. When Marek came on, Matthew was like Frank Howard after John Gillon caught on with Boeheim. You can't play well when every mistake results in a lecture. Just like Frank, he'll get better as he gets more time in.

Also, Moyer is a natural-born recruiter. He's been instrumental in a number of pick-ups.

Moyer was better when he was getting more minutes. When Marek came on, Matthew was like Frank Howard after John Gillon caught on with Boeheim. You can't play well when every mistake results in a lecture. Just like Frank, he'll get better as he gets more time in.
Moyer started losing significant minutes after spraining his ankle, and I'm not sure he was ever fully healthy after that. The quick hook from JB was there for him throughout the season, as it is with most SU freshmen when JB has an alternative.

My thoughts as well. Needs PT to gain confidence and stay on the floor. I was thinking about Frank in previous years too. Also, Moyer really could use a mid-range jumper. Besides energy off the bench, he needs to be able to hit a J, if nothing else to open the floor up a bit more as defenders have to play him more honestly on the offensive end.

Even if he doesn't play another minute he can be great for the program by busting his hump in practice and making everyone else better..

FWIW, I think he'll improve and get more minutes over his career, because that's usually how these things work.

People were literally suggesting after Howards freshaman and sophomore campaigns, that he was also not D1 P5 capable. LOL 1 year later, he's named ACC most improved player, and will be pushing for all ACC honors next year. Glad he didn't transfer.

I think having his high school teammate join him for three more years will be a great thing. Will be great training/practice partners and push each other. Moyer and Hughes might be a great high-low combo as upperclassmen.

Way better than Terrance? JB would kill to have Terrance on this roster.

Yeah they both kind of have those spazzy tendencies but I’d be surprised if Moyer ever comes close to Roberts in terms of production. Roberts was a good defensive player even though he was a little limited and frustrating offensively. Moyer is lost. Really hope we can get hit on a badass PF sometime. A brute down there. I don’t really consider Bazely that kind of player. Diagne would’ve been intriguing.

I hope hes way better than Terrence . Moyer is still young and plays with high energy. Im not worried about him since he’s a freshman on the court.
Roberts was hampered by his knees. Don’t forget that.

People were literally suggesting after Howards freshaman and sophomore campaigns, that he was also not D1 P5 capable. LOL 1 year later, he's named ACC most improved player, and will be pushing for all ACC honors next year. Glad he didn't transfer.

This is so untrue, after his freshman year people were saying he was MCW with comparable vision.

Which pick ups? How was he instrumental?
Both Bayer and Hughes played with him in High School. I don't remember the specifics but I remember reading about relationships he had with others.

I see nothing similar in their games other than hustle. Roberts was one of the most athletic PF's we've ever had. Moyer not so much. Neither were/are very skilled.

I always thought that TR would make a great TE in football if his hands were good enough.
Roberts would have been a rebounding monster if his wheels were not broken. Moyer is not starter material at this level. He has size and hustle but that is not enough. Glad he is on the team and glad that we will not need to rely on him.

Haha, and the same people are yelling at you if you question Frank this year. What a crazy world!

This is so untrue, after his freshman year people were saying he was MCW with comparable vision.
I didn't say people suggested he couldn't play after his freshman year. It was during last year, and in the off season, after struggling his sophomore year.

Mattew Moyer will never be the idiot that slaps the backboard and gets T'd up while we are losing to a 14 seed

Are you so sure about this? I've never seen someone as spazzy as him on the court after a made basket.

Mattew Moyer will never be the idiot that slaps the backboard and gets T'd up while we are losing to a 14 seed

No, but likely just more of this. ;):)

Moyer started losing significant minutes after spraining his ankle, and I'm not sure he was ever fully healthy after that. The quick hook from JB was there for him throughout the season, as it is with most SU freshmen when JB has an alternative.
maybe read above. ankles are definitely not the issue with his game.

Moyer is a weird player... could never get a good read on him all year.
He seems closer to 6’6”-6’7”, not much of a leaper, but high energy almost to a fault.
I don’t think any of us have a good enough sample size yet.

maybe read above. ankles are definitely not the issue with his game.
So you don't think his high ankle sprain hampered his development, affected his play and cost him playing time? You'd be wrong then.

no . he redshirted becuz coach said he wouldn't play as a frosh and this year never got in the circle of trust.
there it is. injury wasn't an issue at all.

no . he redshirted becuz coach said he wouldn't play as a frosh and this year never got in the circle of trust.
there it is. injury wasn't an issue at all.

I'll be honest. Matt didn't show as much as I was hoping this year even before the injury. But to say he was never in the circle of trust is just boner playing loose with the facts again. That's a decent number of minutes at the beginning of the year for never being in the circle of trust.

Matthew Moyer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuse13159

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors