So Moyer | Syracusefan.com

So Moyer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn’t he buds with Bazley?

Plus, he already redshirted, so unless the NCAA eliminates not have to sit out a year for transfers, he’ll be back. Believe it or not his game has a ton of potential. Kind of reminds me of Terrence Roberts.

Plus, he already redshirted, so unless the NCAA eliminates not have to sit out a year for transfers, he’ll be back. Believe it or not his game has a ton of potential. Kind of reminds me of Terrence Roberts.
I hope hes way better than Terrence . Moyer is still young and plays with high energy. Im not worried about him since he’s a freshman on the court.

confidence is shot, hopefully he gets his mojo back

Agreed, that's written all over his posture and body language. Everything about him says "gun shy." Hopefully this run shows him something to build toward.

he’s the player I wonder about being back next year.

The chances of Moyer transferring next year are ZERO POINT ZERO.

He has already used his redshirt year, so were he to transfer to another D1 program, he'd LOSE A FULL YEAR OF ELIGIBILITY.

Even if he doesn't play a ton next season, it's still more than the ZERO PT he would get sitting out at another program next year. He at least has a fighting chance to play here, vs NO CHANCE if he transfers.

He's in Newhouse. Why would he leave SU?

Lastly, it's pretty clear he and his teammates all get along famously.

Now - could he get his degree in 3-4 years and then Grad Transfer?
That is a much more likely option, IF he ever transfers at all.
But next year? Not a chance.

Why not? He’s not going to the NBA anyway. What is transferring going to do for him? Seems like he loves being Orange. He’s already sat out a year and would lose a year of eligibility if he transferred. It would make no sense, assuming he likes it at SU.

He’s got 3 more years. He likely won’t see much time next year. So what though? He’s the kind of player that just needs to keep working his butt off to get better and to earn his spot on the court as a veteran Junior and Senior, and I see no reason why he can’t do that. Seems like a good kid and team guy and good program player who can develop into a solid player and leader in a couple years. Like a Duany, Sims, Southerland, etc.

confidence is shot, hopefully he gets his mojo back

Agreed. Which is what I think some people overlook as a potential negative when they’re screaming about how the 10th man(on a normal depth team) never gets to play. Playing guys before they’re ready isn’t typically beneficial for anybody IMO. Moyer wasn’t ready. We had no choice though.

Today people seem to think that a player's freshman year shows everything he's got. I'm thinking the sophomore Moyer will be a role player and the Jr. and Sr. Moyer will be a reliable performer.

Way better than Terrance? JB would kill to have Terrance on this roster.

Roberts was maddening on the offensive end, but I feel like our roster desperately needs someone like him who is a trash-talking badass down low.

Moyer is a bit of a headless chicken in the offense.

Might be just freshman inexperience or not the best bball IQ... Prolly a mix of both at this point.

Has the tools if he hits the gym hard and can make steady progress in his game.

Hopefully one of those journeyman players that blossoms as a 4 year player.

. Kind of reminds me of Terrence Roberts.

I see a ton of Roberts in his game. Personality wise, they seem very different, but on the court that both had high energy, but not much finesse. I agree with others, his confidence was rattled, which led to to panicky mistake during the end of the season. I am optimistic that those will go down as he gets more comfortable over the years. I'm a big fan of the kid as a person, so I'll be pulling for him to get the hang of things and I think that he will.

I see nothing similar in their games other than hustle. Roberts was one of the most athletic PF's we've ever had. Moyer not so much. Neither were/are very skilled.

I always thought that TR would make a great TE in football if his hands were good enough.

A lot of pro teams will sign guys for "culture". Team first guys who help the locker room and morale.

That's how I view Moyer. As long as OB comes back, Moyer won't play much next year behind OB/Bazley/Dolezaj. Hopefully he develops and is ready to contribute in some way as a Junior/Senior.

His mistakes are of the freshman variety. That being said, he seems so limited offensively.

Three weeks ago Marek didn't appear to know what offense was. Moyer is a freshman who needs time to develop. He has tools that require development. He probably won't ever be the focus of the offense, but he can be a very good rebounding forward with a reliable mid and short range game.

By the time that he is a senior he will be a very good player for us if he stays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom