So we're playing Baylor... | Syracusefan.com

So we're playing Baylor...

JrodCuse

All Conference
What do we know about them besides they also play zone?

Good matchup? Bad?

Here is their team photo, if that helps.

91TblySxY8L._SX425_.jpg

Well, gonzaga is obviously a tough potential matchup in the second round. But we certainly drew the best perspective opponent there are out of the four number one seeds. We got a chance to make it to the second weekend.

Last edited:
Not sure if it's 100% of the time, but they do play a zone defense quite a bit. Different than ours though.

For some reason we always seem to struggle against zone defenses. Mind boggling.

Hopefully somebody can fill me in on this. Did Buddy play any major minutes this year against zone teams? He and Hughes are going to be crucial.

For some reason we always seem to struggle against zone defenses. Mind boggling.

Hopefully somebody can fill me in on this. Did Buddy play any major minutes this year against zone teams? He and Hughes are going to be crucial.
I think we’ve been seeing it more lately and actually playing better against it. Key is Marek making decisions in the high post.

Great draw for us, think we get to 2nd weekend and winner of us and fla st wins this region. I think the acc gets all 4 final four teams!!!

Good things about playing Baylor:

- They play a zone as well so they won’t lut much ball pressure on us
- They don’t score very well in the paint
- They turn it over a decent amount and don’t force turnovers
- They foul a lot
- They aren’t that good from the line
- Despite being a good 3pt shooting team all year, they were ice cold the last month
- They aren’t big; their most used lineup is 6’a, 6’3, 6’3, 6’7, 6’8

Bad things about playing Baylor
- They’re beasts on the offensive glass and don’t allow a lot of offensive boards on defense
- they get to the line a decent amount

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom