So when we end up with 8 wins | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

So when we end up with 8 wins

Are you serious?
Kind of. My point is that none of these teams with the exception of possibly GT are on paper any better than SU. We have two of them at home. So yes, I'm serious. Do I expect it no.

Army is a 2 win team. We should have beat them by 35.
The Army game is when I knew this team was off most especially Shrader. Everyone is pointing to the Clemson hit. I'm not. He was horrible throwing the ball against Army. Had zero arm strength and floated everything. Shrader's arm in my opinion didn't get better with surgery and looks to have gotten worse.

0 chance Dino is gone if they finish 7-5, he's probably safe if 6-6 as well.
So he gets an extension? Or coaches as a lame duck next year?

So he gets an extension? Or coaches as a lame duck next year?
I would offer him an extension that would be a cut in pay with a chance to get whole by winning 7 games. Win 8 or more and a bonus. Win the bowl a bonus. Less than 7 base pay. Payout would be zero to 500k take it or leave it and coach as a lame duck.

I would offer him an extension that would be a cut in pay with a chance to get whole by winning 7 games. Win 8 or more and a bonus. Win the bowl a bonus. Less than 7 base pay. Payout would be zero to 500k take it or leave it and coach as a lame duck.
That sounds like a recipe for disaster and way worse than giving someone new a chance. You really think that’s our best option if we go 6-6?

I don’t think our schedule has been hard at all either. FSU is the one tough game a blowout is acceptable. The other 11 are winnable.

The Army game is when I knew this team was off most especially Shrader. Everyone is pointing to the Clemson hit. I'm not. He was horrible throwing the ball against Army. Had zero arm strength and floated everything. Shrader's arm in my opinion didn't get better with surgery and looks to have gotten worse.
Well this would need to get better and since he looked arguably worse in the V Tech game what makes you think it’s possible to win 1 game let alone suggest 4?

That sounds like a recipe for disaster and way worse than giving someone new a chance. You really think that’s our best option if we go 6-6?

I don’t think our schedule has been hard at all either. FSU is the one tough game a blowout is acceptable. The other 11 are winnable.
This was the year where our schedule was set up nicely. The OOC was a joke, with Purdue being down.

Clemson is the most beatable they’ve ever been since we joined the league. VT is way down.

Still to come: Pitt has their worst team in forever. Wake Forest is down. Can we still get a couple? We’ll see.

But we’d have to really suck to not go 6-6 this year.

This is crazy but if Dino and the staff can pull the kids together we can win every remaining game on the schedule. BC Wake should be wins. Pitt as well. Gtech will be hard. Im going out on a limb that we get to 7 wins. I have no idea what has been going on with this team. None but something is off internally as the guys are so off it has to be something.

Yes it is crazy. GT just scored 46 points against North Carolina. And lost to BC the week before. Does that mean we can beat BC? No it means BC is going to beat us to.

We could maybe beat Pitt but being the game is away doubtful.

0-4 to finish.

Yes it is crazy. GT just scored 46 points against North Carolina. And lost to BC the week before. Does that mean we can beat BC? No it means BC is going to beat us to.

0-4 to finish.
Going from 4-0 to 4-8 would be quite remarkable and something even the most ardent skeptics couldn’t have imagined.

Going from 4-0 to 4-8 would be quite remarkable and something even the most ardent skeptics couldn’t have imagined.

I think worst case we are 0-2 and fire Dino. Chances are we don’t lose the last two, especially Wake.

I said it then as well. That whole game plan and flow of the game, especially the first half was bad.

This was the year where our schedule was set up nicely. The OOC was a joke, with Purdue being down.

Clemson is the most beatable they’ve ever been since we joined the league. VT is way down.

Still to come: Pitt has their worst team in forever. Wake Forest is down. Can we still get a couple? We’ll see.

But we’d have to really suck to not go 6-6 this year.
Overall I think we’re in a better spot as a program now than we have been, despite how awful the past month has been. People would be disappointed with 6-6, but we don’t have a great track record of making bowls for the last 25 years.

I’m not sure what that all means now or for the future. But I’m glad the ACC got rid of divisions and think our floor as a program has risen.

Everyone keeps talking about extensions. I don’t think Dino wants one. I think he wants to get paid what he’s owed and either walk after his contract is up or be fired beforehand. Either way, I don’t think he’s our coach after next year (or before). He doesn’t want to be here and he’s a wealthy man by most standards. He’s playing out the string.

No i would have fired him after the VT game on Saturday. But if JW made a promise about making a bowl game than he needs to stick to it and my way out is to extend him with half the salary basically an incentive heavy deal with very little buyout if any.

Everyone keeps talking about extensions. I don’t think Dino wants one. I think he wants to get paid what he’s owed and either walk after his contract is up or be fired beforehand. Either way, I don’t think he’s our coach after next year (or before). He doesn’t want to be here and he’s a wealthy man by most standards. He’s playing out the string.
If that is the case why not retire after this year and take a small buyout of what is left? Why even bother with next season? He can tell SU he will take half to gracefully leave now. He wins by getting to relax now and not go through 12 more months here, SU wins by moving on now and saying a few dollars.

If that is the case why not retire after this year and take a small buyout of what is left? Why even bother with next season? He can tell SU he will take half to gracefully leave now. He wins by getting to relax now and not go through 12 more months here, SU wins by moving on now and saying a few dollars.
His ego will not allow that, and he has been at SU for the money not his love of Hawaii East

His ego will not allow that, and he has been at SU for the money not his love of Hawaii East
Yet again, I think you are confusing "ego" with insecurity; or the ego defense that comes naturally when someone with an early history of success is faced with the reality of having to accept that what he once thought to be true is no longer working. I feel for Dino in this regard.

The other point is I don't understand the need to assassinate his character with stuff like he is only here for the money. You have put this out there many times. FWIW, my understanding is that Dino has done many things behind the scenes including donating his own money back to the program and to his assistants. He cares about the program, players/staff, and wants to win.

He needs to go. But we don't need to bury him on the way out.

0-4 to finish.
I’m pretty sure we have a wise man at the helm of our program that doesn’t pay attention to point differentials. So maybe we shouldn’t as well. Every win and loss is the same! :confused:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom