So when we end up with 8 wins | Syracusefan.com

So when we end up with 8 wins

kcsu

Living Legend
This is crazy but if Dino and the staff can pull the kids together we can win every remaining game on the schedule. BC Wake should be wins. Pitt as well. Gtech will be hard. Im going out on a limb that we get to 7 wins. I have no idea what has been going on with this team. None but something is off internally as the guys are so off it has to be something.

Call me crazy, but I think there is a reasonable path to 8 wins.

- BC is hardest of the remaining 4 games. It’s the game of the season IMO. We win there, the team regains some confidence. We lose, and the wheels have totally fallen off on this season.

- Pitt is the most winnable game left on schedule; they are a steaming pile of excrement. We should NOT lose this game.

- @Gtech; the team should have some momentum here if we beat Pitt and BC. A win is possible.

- Wake on senior day. Wake has not looked great. This should be a win

I mean... if he gets to 8 wins, then he deserves to keep his job. But there is zero margin now for that to occur.

It is virtually impossible to envision that we could win out given how the offense is playing. If they were playing like earlier in the year, I could see it. But the way they're playing now?

2 of our last 4 losses were to a terrible Clemson team that’s about to finish 6-6 and a Va tech team that was 3-4 with losses to Purdue, Marshall at home and Rutgers on the road. The last 4 loses have not been remotely close. UNC biggest win of the year is against us. Most of their other games have been relatively close. Stop trying to turn whatever the end of the year could be into something positive.

Seven wins - we probably keep Dino. But I don't think we can tolerate another soft performance. That was just plain embarrassing.

Reactions: FAL
You can’t win without scoring. Our offense is so broken I doubt they can score twenty points against any of these teams. They won‘t win a game by scoring less than twenty points. I’m not sure SU can score two touchdowns a game. I hate to say it but 4-8 looks more likely than 8-4. Our opponents are saying if they lose to SU their coach should be fired.

This is crazy but if Dino and the staff can pull the kids together we can win every remaining game on the schedule. BC Wake should be wins. Pitt as well. Gtech will be hard. Im going out on a limb that we get to 7 wins. I have no idea what has been going on with this team. None but something is off internally as the guys are so off it has to be something.
Maybe the issue is simply what lies at the end of the season? 4-5 wins and the season/grind ends. 6-7 wins and what…another trip to the Pinstripe Bowl or Motor City Bowl?

I honestly question myself what this program is trying to achieve. We tell ourselves that 6 wins a year is the benchmark and would be acceptable for this program. If the program isn’t going to invest all in at the same level as it’s peers, I struggle to disagree with the players that aren’t giving 100%.

After watching that embarrassment Thursday night, you have to have an abundance of...let's just say belief without evidence to post the phrase "should be wins."

- BC is hardest of the remaining 4 games. It’s the game of the season IMO. We win there, the team regains some confidence. We lose, and the wheels have totally fallen off on this season.

- Pitt is the most winnable game left on schedule; they are a steaming pile of excrement. We should NOT lose this game.

- @Gtech; the team should have some momentum here if we beat Pitt and BC. A win is possible.

You’re crazy. I said it lol.

It is crazy. By a long shot. What on earth after what we’ve seen the last 5 games would make you think the staff can pull anything together?

And yes I’m including Army because we were down at halftime to Army. Army…..

What's scary is that if you look at how our remaining opponents view us we look like your description of Pitt.

Reactions: FAL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom