Someone needs to ask Boeheim? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Someone needs to ask Boeheim?

Wow are you this annoying in person or does it just really come out on an online forum?

giphy.gif

Wow are you this annoying in person or does it just really come out on an online forum?
Thank you for your contribution.
When we get posts that try to spin false narratives I call them out.
The frustration on this board has nothing to do with the 3 game losing streak.
For anyone to even imply that is creating strawman scenarios or completely out of touch.
Sorry you don’t like it.

Thank you for your contribution.
When we get posts that try to spin false narratives I call them out.
The frustration on this board has nothing to do with the 3 game losing streak.
For anyone to even imply that is creating strawman scenarios or completely out of touch.
Sorry you don’t like it.

Very reasonable response. I completely agree with you.

But I would have teed off on the walk-on.

In the past couple of games Boeheim has said this team isn’t a good:
1. shooting team
2. Not a good rebounding team
3. Not a good pressing team
4. Doesn’t run well on the break
5. We don’t get many assists

Who in the world is responsible for this mess? Didn’t he recruit these players? Why are we paying someone over $2 millions dollars a year to put together such a mess of a team. We have no depth, but have three open scholarships. He’s getting too many free passes from the press and fans. He wants to hold his players responsible for all of their mistakes. How about he steps up and takes a look at the mess he is currently putting on the floor. He’s a good coach and has a wonderful career, but Denny Crum is an example of holding on to someone too long before the program crashed and burned. This is not a one year wonder. This has gone on for the past three years.
What I really dislike about JB is his stubborness. He won't change. I wish he had retired and Hopkins had taken over.

Truth. If Boeheim went to a press conference and said "I-81 is a river", he'd go out and buy a boat.

I guess it has to do with who I choose to believe or put my trust in. When it comes to college basketball and SU basketball, JB is THE credible source.

JB, as far as I know is not an expert on highways, rivers or boats. In that realm, he's just another azzhole with an opinion. You know, sort of like a lot of our posters are when the subject is college basketball.

I guess it has to do with who I choose to believe or put my trust in. When it comes to college basketball and SU basketball, JB is THE credible source.

JB, as far as I know is not an expert on highways, rivers or boats. In that realm, he's just another azzhole with an opinion. You know, sort of like a lot of our posters are when the subject is college basketball.

If I say JB is doing a bad job developing an offensive strategy for this team, I'm evaluating him in relation to other college basketball coaches in his profession. I'm not comparing him to me personally.

I thought that Scott Shafer was bad at designing offensive strategies in football. That doesn't mean I think I'm personally more qualified to be a football coach than Scott Shafer.

Just seems like it's become a trend. Even the year we made the FF, it was a fluke at best. The rest of that year was down as well. I hope next year is as good as advertised, otherwise even Townie won't be able to defend JB.

Wrong, yet again.

I believe in the strategy and the process and in Boeheim. That won't be any different next year. There's only so much JB and SU can control. The rest of it is outside their contol.

Well, it might be a little different as a few front-running fans (?) who are "accustomed" to success jump off the band wagon.

By the way, I have ZERO faith in next year's team being as good as advertised. I'll believe it when I see it as I always do. Team chemistry is a huge determinant of success.

When I read all this stuff about "How great its gonna be." next year, I shake my head in disbelief that there are actually experienced fans that buy into it before even seeing it in action.

Him calling fans entitled when they pay to support the program and product just loses credibility.
The program isn’t refunding fans they are taking their money.
Legit criticism is fair.
We aren’t 30-1 and people complaining about everything.
We have been medicore for 4 years now and haven’t had a decent halfcourt offense in 6 years.
Last season, we were in the top 30 in KenPom’s offensive efficiency stats. Once we got it figured out, I’d say we were more than decent. Of course we were able to roll out four pretty good to very good 3-point shooters on the floor, so that helped. But yes, Boeheim’s half court offensive schemes need improvement.

Wrong, yet again.

I believe in the strategy and the process and in Boeheim. That won't be any different next year. There's only so much JB and SU can control. The rest of it is outside their contol.

Well, it might be a little different as a few front-running fans (?) who are "accustomed" to success jump off the band wagon.

By the way, I have ZERO faith in next year's team being as good as advertised. I'll believe it when I see it as I always do. Team chemistry is a huge determinant of success.

When I read all this stuff about "How great its gonna be." next year, I shake my head in disbelief that there are actually experienced fans that buy into it before even seeing it in action.

Yeah, I don't believe you.

Fair enough.

You choose to use the word entitlement for SU fans, I may select a different one, say, accustomed. SU basketball fans over the years are accustomed to winning, not mediocrity or for every win comes a loss. The standard has been set and it has been that way for years. So, if fans are currently (in the moment) feeling bearish on the hoops program, it's understandable in my opinion, as again, the status quo has been in place for years. If we fail to make the tourney this year, which it looks more likely than not, it'll be 3 out the last 4 years...so almost half a decade. I've been a fan since the 70's, and off the top of my head, I don't recall a stretch like this, but I'm getting old.

In the end, what ultimately matters is winning. It doesn't matter if fans who voice their opinions like to be challenged or not, as it's just their opinion, no different than yours. You may feel that you have more substance in your arguments to support your point of view or opinion, but again, that's your own thinking, it doesn't make it a fact. The only thing that is a fact right now, is that the team is 1-3 in the conference, staring at 1-4. Combined with the aforementioned mediocrity (see our conference record over the past 4 years) with basically winning one game, than losing one, etc., etc. That is not what SU (basketball fans) are accustomed to.

My hope for the hoops program is continuing what has been accustomed through the years. If we ever feel complacent and satisfied with being mediocre (.500) in our conference, than that is relatively a new paradigm for 'Cuse hoop fans.

I recall a period not too long ago in football, that getting to .500, 6-5, etc. and to just making a bowl game would've been frowned upon, now it seems that the "entitled" would be jumping for joy with this. Hopefully, it doesn't become the status quo for our hoops program.

If the end product of "accustomed" is people throwing verbal rocks at the coaches, players, recruiting, etc., etc and etc. after every loss than I don't see a dimes worth of difference between "entitled" and "accustomed".

Last season, we were in the top 30 in KenPom’s offensive efficiency stats. Once we got it figured out, I’d say we were more than decent. Of course we were able to roll out four pretty good to very good 3-point shooters on the floor, so that helped. But yes, Boeheim’s half court offensive schemes need improvement.
Last year we had Andrew White who made a tough of contested shots and made them and John Gillon could score.

Our offense wasn’t that good we just had good personnel for JB’s ISO offensive system.
We played so slow it makes our efficiency better as we had less possessions.

In the past couple of games Boeheim has said this team isn’t a good:
1. shooting team
2. Not a good rebounding team
3. Not a good pressing team
4. Doesn’t run well on the break
5. We don’t get many assists

Who in the world is responsible for this mess? Didn’t he recruit these players? Why are we paying someone over $2 millions dollars a year to put together such a mess of a team. We have no depth, but have three open scholarships. He’s getting too many free passes from the press and fans. He wants to hold his players responsible for all of their mistakes. How about he steps up and takes a look at the mess he is currently putting on the floor. He’s a good coach and has a wonderful career, but Denny Crum is an example of holding on to someone too long before the program crashed and burned. This is not a one year wonder. This has gone on for the past three years.
Re: Denny Crum, by the time he retired he certainly hadn’t made two Final Fours in a five year stretch, like JB has. In fact he hadn’t been to the Final Four in 15 years.

If I say JB is doing a bad job developing an offensive strategy for this team, I'm evaluating him in relation to other college basketball coaches in his profession. I'm not comparing him to me personally.

I thought that Scott Shafer was bad at designing offensive strategies in football. That doesn't mean I think I'm personally more qualified to be a football coach than Scott Shafer.

You see, you are operating under the belief that there is a better offensive strategy for this team that could actually be implemented at this point in the season with this set of players.

It's just that JB can't see this strategy or he can see it but he refuses to implement it?

The current approach (I won't call it a "strategy") is borne out of frustration with the degree to which everyone besides Frank and Tyrus are "offensively-challenged" Brissett is only partially offensively-challenged.

I think this years roster looks totally different if TT wasn't a weirdo and progressed normally as a sophomore big man. maybe we could have played him some at 4, that would be a pretty good offensive lineup. I too am frustrated that we are on year 4 of mediocre regular seasons. the part that I am unsure of is how much of that has to do with the planned coaching change and then the flip to Hopkins leaving. what went on behind the scenes with JB and hop and did it affect recruiting, etc. it seemed like JB went all in on last season by overhauling the roster and giving the keys to the grad transfers as though it was his last run at it, but then something changed. I think this year is the roster tear down that should have happened last year, and we would be one year closer to actually being good again. whatever is going on this year I still blame on last year's debacle. if we have a 4-5 year JB window starting with Buddy, then this year had to be the reset button so we can build some depth and hopefully JB can land enough top talent to make another run a couple years from now.

My only problem with his recent press conferences was the insane rebounding “myth” comment and flip-flop about us not being a good rebounding team. He’s so defensive and testy sometimes (breaking news, I know). But how about giving the media and fans a real analysis of the rebounding issue that suddenly arose in two games last week? If he’s not sure why, he can simply state that and say they need to get back and work on it. Or explain that ND had some big guys in there and they pushed our guys out of the lane. Or they packed in their defense so their guys were in good position to rebound. The “myth” comment was ridiculous hyperbole. Engage with the question, please, JB.

If he’s allowed to be irritated by the questions, we certainly allowed to be irritated by some of his pissy non answers.I love JB and I certainly don’t think he should go anywhere and I think he can win another title before hanging it up. But we should also be allowed to vent our frustrations with some of the coaching decisions or refusal to make adjustments to a stagnant offense.
Fair rebutta, but I'll add that we have to take everything with a grain of salt when the questions are asked 5 minutes after an agonizing defeat against an undermanned squad we should beat 9/10 times. Saturday sucked and JAB was pissy with his answers. Welcome to real life for every coach and/or sports communication professional after a disappointing outcome.

This post should be framed with GREAT BIG BOLD TITLE saying please refer to our 2017-2018 team roster when constantly criticizing the coaches for not making changes. This is it. Six of the eight are 1st year players, considering Chuckwu's first playing opportunity. We are young, learning and going to make mistakes.
Thats crap... Kentucky is loaded with freshman every year. They always make the tournament

The buck stops with Jb, its his team, he put this team together. Love Jb but this is on him.

Why is it necessary for you to assign blame to someone? Are you owed an answer?

Your "ultimately responsible" approach does avoid all that pesky and difficult thinking it through.

Why is it necessary for you to assign blame to someone? Are you owed an answer?

Your "ultimately responsible" approach does avoid all that pesky and difficult thinking it through.
The amount of hubris in this post towards your position is off the charts.
My god the HC is responsible for roster construction.
We all know we are down 2 scholarships but the fact you will go as far you do in the post above to avoid placing any blame on Jim Boeheim for our current predicament is pathetic.
Yes it is pathetic. Do yourself a favor and realize JB is a person and no person is above criticism.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom