Someone needs to ask Boeheim? | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Someone needs to ask Boeheim?

What I really dislike about JB is his stubborness. He won't change. I wish he had retired and Hopkins had taken over.

You sure 'bout dat?

upload_2018-1-12_19-28-9.png

upload_2018-1-12_19-29-8.png

In the past couple of games Boeheim has said this team isn’t a good:
1. shooting team
2. Not a good rebounding team
3. Not a good pressing team
4. Doesn’t run well on the break
5. We don’t get many assists

Who in the world is responsible for this mess? Didn’t he recruit these players? Why are we paying someone over $2 millions dollars a year to put together such a mess of a team. We have no depth, but have three open scholarships. He’s getting too many free passes from the press and fans. He wants to hold his players responsible for all of their mistakes. How about he steps up and takes a look at the mess he is currently putting on the floor. He’s a good coach and has a wonderful career, but Denny Crum is an example of holding on to someone too long before the program crashed and burned. This is not a one year wonder. This has gone on for the past three years.

You can call into the show locally at 315-424-8599 or nationally at 1-888-746-2873. For Gomez’s portion, use 315-424-8599. Or you can submit questions from this page:
Syracuse University Athletics
Or on Twitter at mattpark1 or “askBoeheim”.

i have to say, JB has to take blame here, the team is terrible and we do not have any players, they will be limping to the finish line in early-March, season will be over after we lose our 1st game in the acc tourn, can't play 6 kids, just can't, the team should have players, the walk-on's can't play in a game, embarrassing - we are Syracuse basketball and we do not have players, our team could use phil jackson, what kind of offense are we running -

I know less than most about correcting our problem but I believe the first thing we need to do is give all 5 players on the court the green light to shoot and open up the floor. We have nothing to lose at this point and can’t rely on Tyus and Frank all game

I want to see howard washington for ten minutes of game time. I mean hell battle and howard could still get 35 minutes and even more if you decide to have battle play the 3.

I want to see howard washington for ten minutes of game time. I mean hell battle and howard could still get 35 minutes and even more if you decide to have battle play the 3.
I going to go Hubie Brown to answer this as JB.
Okay Howard can’t play D. Okay when he is on offense the guard sags off of him and into the painted area.
Okay. Thus teams are daring him to shoot and he isn’t confident enough. Okay. He like all our guards who can’t pass to the painted area,
Okay. Howard Washington has tremendous upside potential but isn’t going to be ready for 2-3 years.

Note: I agree with your position. He should be playing atleast 10 mpg to develop him. I don’t think Battle has the stamina to play 40 every game. It’s bad for him. JB is going to JB though.

There is a lot of merit in the original post.

There is no question Cuse has been in a down cycle. Probation has had a lot to do with that. The overall program landscape has been very negative by Cuse standards over the last several season.

This is a cobbled together squad due to the weak recruiting of the last several seasons. Many factors contributing to that. I think one of the biggest mistakes that was totally within our control was running off BJ.

Should Jimmy have retired, & should Hop now be the HC, probably so.

All that being said, things are what they are.

Forget the backdrop - move on to whether or not Jimmy is doing a great job with this year's squad. Definitely not. Conversely is he doing a terrible job with this year's squad - also definitely not.

Yes, i think there is room for the O to improve notwithstanding the fact that we are played ACC opponents and attacking with peashooters. The D, I think has been pretty solid all year, especially given, the hopelessness of hoping for some m2m to occasionally change the pace of things.

So all in all, you could totally blame Jimmy for what things are, but a it is also inescapable that overly harsh sanctions played a part in that. You can say Jimmy had some responsibility for the cause of sanctions, but you can't blame him for the penalty excess that lead to the down cycle.

My overall grade for Jimmy this season is probably B minus or C plus.

So, responding to OP, under all of the facts and circumstances, Jimmy gets at least a partial pass for the current situation.

Next year is the no excuse year. We have a lot of talent coming in. That talent should give Jimmy some solid O pieces to work with. We should have almost everybody back. Many here say Ty is definitely gone. This poster is far from convinced he will even get a second round sniff unless his play picks up significantly. I think there is between a 25 & 50% chance that he returns.

If jimmy can't get us to be a Top 25 team next year (and maybe Top 10 if ty returns) then let the lynching party begin.

Last edited:
post implies that JB can't win without superior talent. we have talent already . but JB needs more talent.
doesn't say much for his coaching abilities IMO. a good coach can beat you and then take your team and win.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom