Something we can all agree on | Syracusefan.com

Something we can all agree on

Andy was hands down a better defensive player. He might be one of the best we’ve had at the top of the zone. He also didn’t have to score as much. But Buddy is much better than Andy was as a sophomore, so wouldn’t be surprised if Buddy ends up being better.

Andy was more athletic, quicker on his feet and faster. Especially coming back after red shirting to rehab his knee(?). He played defense like he enjoyed it.

Andy was hands down a better defensive player. He might be one of the best we’ve had at the top of the zone. He also didn’t have to score as much. But Buddy is much better than Andy was as a sophomore, so wouldn’t be surprised if Buddy ends up being better.
Buddy is light years ahead of Andy at the same stage.

Andy's true sophomore year was 06-07

I would imagine there is a 100% crossover on people that think this backcourt is super-dynamic, and people that post after tight games against mid-majors (that occur due to a couple of sharpshooting guards going off), things like, "why didn't we offer these kids!!!!! MCW and Triche can't shoot, you don't have to guard them!!!"

Buddy is quite a bit better than Andy at the same point. Buddy is a better pure shooter. It remains tombe seen whether Buddy will develop Andy's court savvy. Andy had a number if traits that don't show up in a box score that really helped us his senior year. Sometimes that kind of stuff is innate. If Buddy can develop that, I think he'll have a better chance at an NBA career than Andy had.

Buddy is quite a bit better than Andy at the same point. Buddy is a better pure shooter. It remains tombe seen whether Buddy will develop Andy's court savvy. Andy had a number if traits that don't show up in a box score that really helped us his senior year. Sometimes that kind of stuff is innate. If Buddy can develop that, I think he'll have a better chance at an NBA career than Andy had.

For example, Andy was the best I've seen at dropping down into the corner trap. He was like a dog on a bone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom