Sports Gambling Thread | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

Sports Gambling Thread

Bills cover

This is just the 2nd time this year I have liked the Bills (the other was the Washington game).
6 on the road is a lot. It's what the line was vs NE when everyone still thought NE had a good offense and a goat defense.
Plus extra rest & Ravens off a physical game. Maybe they're just a lot better than I think but man idk. You can bee good and still be overrated, that's easy to happen when you play your best games in primetime as they've done.

I'll take the Rams on Pick too. That game was a Pick 'em in Seattle on a Thursday & LA should've won.

Green Bay is the biggest sham going .. could only beat the foreskins by 5.. everyone was on Washington and AZ ATS.. 1 panned out .. AZ probably wins their game if Murray doesn’t murder them with turnovers

Giants fans ... I’m REALLY considering betting the Giants if I can get -10 at a reasonable price .. am I nuts ? You guys know the teams better than I do ... need advice .. I think they might be very motivated to give Eli one last hurrah vs the hated eagles

Giants fans ... I’m REALLY considering betting the Giants if I can get -10 at a reasonable price .. am I nuts ? You guys know the teams better than I do ... need advice .. I think they might be very motivated to give Eli one last hurrah vs the hated eagles

I'm sure Kaiser can give u an unbiased opinion. ;)

Green Bay is the biggest sham going .. could only beat the foreskins by 5.. everyone was on Washington and AZ ATS.. 1 panned out .. AZ probably wins their game if Murray doesn’t murder them with turnovers

AZ was almost a replica of the other Steelers west coast game in SF where it looked like their opponent was trying to lose and still won or almost won.
GB is a sham but I think most know that by now - lots of low spreads at home vs Detroit/Oakland and now Mitch.
Seattle is another one, had a WOAT point differential for a team with their record.
Nobody likes to think of LA as a homefield that matters but I think it does to the Rams because Goff sucks on the road.

I'm sure Kaiser can give u an unbiased opinion. ;)

well, nobody chimed in...i didnt bet it..and it was a pretty easy cover. screw me ..

well, nobody chimed in...i didnt bet it..and it was a pretty easy cover. screw me ..

I had the Birds - 2.5 in two different teasers. Sweated that one bigly.

I had the Birds - 2.5 in two different teasers. Sweated that one bigly.

i actually thought it would either be a close giants win or an eagle blow out...high variance game...turns out anything could have happened those teams are both so bad.

pretty easy Giants/under teaser never in doubt and with the crappy weather it could never get into a 50s total.

missed out on a two team parlay tonight

correctly picked penn state in pickem vs maryland
got it way wrong picking ville -6 at home vs 5-3 texas tech.

while Cuomo and his minions are taking their sweet ass time deciding which friends of the program will benefit from mobile gaming:

Army Navy thoughts?

I really like Navy -10.5. I know it's a huge rivalry game but Navy is the far superior team. And I love the OVER 40.5. Navy has gone over that total in 11 out of their 12 games while Army has gone over 9 out of 12. Weather should be ok. Army's defense has been weak this year.

the run of unders in this game has to end at some pt you would think. Over plays to Navy.

11-3 in my no draw bets this week, with several of them being over +100. The only mistake I made was doing a 5% payout on my bet after Thomas / Fowler went 5 up last night. Figured taking cents on the dollar was worth it. I was wrong on that. So you can argue I was 11-4.

Also noted last night that there appears to be real value if you bet live on a match for the team that loses the first point in a match. I could only get my bets in after the matches had just started. It's the nature of the course I think. After Johnson+woodland had lost the first point I got them at +275, and I got Cantlay + Schaufelle at +162.
With the +bets, I am hitting at the equivalent of an 81% rate using the standard -110 payout. Still made a bit less than $200 overall, because while I like to place bets its more for enjoyment and not much $ risk.

The bad -- did place a bit larger bet on the US winning this at -275, a few days before the tournament. That was a mistake. Plus I am cheering for the Internationals, so I have no interest in winning that bet,

I also got paid off at 30-1 for Stenson winning the Hero (he had a good history at the Albany course), had made 3 picks at longer odds. (Small pansy bet of course)

The other bad - I will blow all these winnings on the 2020 majors.

Last edited:
So I had an adjusted line bet of Gonzaga -5.5 at Arizona.

Gonzaga was up 16 points with 1 minute 37 seconds left.

And I lost.

somehow Arizona cut it two 2 pt lead with 2 seconds left. im never betting again.

11-3 in my no draw bets this week, with several of them being over +100. The only mistake I made was doing a 5% payout on my bet after Thomas / Fowler went 5 up last night. Figured taking cents on the dollar was worth it. I was wrong on that. So you can argue I was 11-4.

Also noted last night that there appears to be real value if you bet live on a match for the team that loses the first point in a match. I could only get my bets in after the matches had just started. It's the nature of the course I think. After Johnson+woodland had lost the first point I got them at +275, and I got Cantlay + Schaufelle at +162.
With the +bets, I am hitting at the equivalent of an 81% rate using the standard -110 payout. Still made a bit less than $200 overall, because while I like to place bets its more for enjoyment and not much $ risk.

The bad -- did place a bit larger bet on the US winning this at -275, a few days before the tournament. That was a mistake. Plus I am cheering for the Internationals, so I have no interest in winning that bet,

I also got paid off at 30-1 for Stenson winning the Hero (he had a good history at the Albany course), had made 3 picks at longer odds. (Small pansy bet of course)

The other bad - I will blow all these winnings on the 2020 majors.
the big money came in taking the US when it went to even after the 2nd day. $500 to win $150 became $500 to win $500..

Holy chit holy chit holy chit.
YES YES YES
Whoever that Eagle was who returned that play.
Thank you!!!
I won my Packers/Giants/Eagles/Patriots parley.

YES.
I had philly -4.5.
Omg yes.

Holy chit holy chit holy chit.
YES YES YES
Whoever that Eagle was who returned that play.
Thank you!!!
I won my Packers/Giants/Eagles/Patriots parley.

YES.
I had philly -4.5.
Omg yes.

that was the most ridiculous betting swing i can remember since last night when i had an 11 pt cushion with gonzaga with 1:37 left and lost

not sure what Haskins was thinking ,pretty dumb to even hold the ball.

still the refs decided that game on multiple bad calls and wash still should have won.

that was the most ridiculous betting swing i can remember since last night when i had an 11 pt cushion with gonzaga with 1:37 left and lost
I had Ohio State a couple years ago against Northwestern and won a bet because the same thing happened and on the last play the Buckeyes scored a TD off a fumble from NW.
These gambling wins are amazing.
I was pissed off at the Philly D for getting torched that entire half and then they made that amazing play.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom