Spring Football starts March 30 | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Spring Football starts March 30

Is there any updates if there has been any other practices since the initial practice? I did not expect much news but to not even hear if or when they may have a practice.
I think I heard Dino say they’d have pads on by Friday or Saturday in his presser when talking about the freshmen but my be mistaken

It’s usually the third practice right? So maybe Tuesday, Thursday Friday?

In past years, didn’t they scrimmage on saturdays.

The people that are complaining about availability to the team in the spring are the same people that will show up in the fall, the diehards. The people that we need to bring back, the casual fans, only care about what happens in the fall and don't care about the spring. Spring becomes a bigger deal for some of those people once the team wins consistently. Dino understands this and is using Covid-19 to cut out something he sees as annoying.

I hope you're right, I really do.

But I see him as more of a very solid #2 WR, who still needs a #1 WR (and/or the threat of a running game) to take some of the attention away.
I really like Queely but yeah i'm not sure on his #1 receiver ability. I could see him being a really good #2. Really I think he could compare pretty nicely to what Alec Lemon was. Lemon had overall good, size, speed, route running and great hands and was very productive here. Queely's traits seem like they could be very similar to his. He was certainly a #1 receiver for Syracuse but that was in a different offense. I feel a #1 receiver in this offense needs to be a larger vertical threat and i'm not exactly sure if that will be one of Queely's strong suits and that wasn't exactly Lemon's game either.

I'm a little torn on if Taj should move to the slot. I think that would fit him very well but it is kind of dependent on what other guys show on the outside and how they are developing. I also worry that if Taj moves inside he won't get used enough. Devito rarely seems to throw to the middle of the field. Not exactly sure if that is completely a Devito's issue though.

I really like Queely but yeah i'm not sure on his #1 receiver ability. I could see him being a really good #2. Really I think he could compare pretty nicely to what Alec Lemon was. Lemon had overall good, size, speed, route running and great hands and was very productive here. Queely's traits seem like they could be very similar to his. He was certainly a #1 receiver for Syracuse but that was in a different offense. I feel a #1 receiver in this offense needs to be a larger vertical threat and i'm not exactly sure if that will be one of Queely's strong suits and that wasn't exactly Lemon's game either.

I'm a little torn on if Taj should move to the slot. I think that would fit him very well but it is kind of dependent on what other guys show on the outside and how they are developing. I also worry that if Taj moves inside he won't get used enough. Devito rarely seems to throw to the middle of the field. Not exactly sure if that is completely a Devito's issue though.
This is well said. Exactly my thoughts as well.

I have the same as you. Well worth it IMO and i'm happy to support local news!
I had a subscription to the paper, would pay for it again if i could actually get one near me.. the digital versions just dont work out well. but supporting the paper is a good idea if people want to find out things other than using facebook.. when it is gone, news takes another big hit.

I had a subscription to the paper, would pay for it again if i could actually get one near me.. the digital versions just dont work out well. but supporting the paper is a good idea if people want to find out things other than using facebook.. when it is gone, news takes another big hit.
I have a digital subscription since I'm out of town. I was actually really impressed with the e-edition. one of my biggest complaints with most online subscriptions is that they make everything bulletpoints or categories which makes it really difficult to read like a newspaper. Check to see if you have the digital version pulled up instead of the website. It will look exactly like the print edition front page and you can either zoom in to read or tap on an individual column and it will expand for a larger format. I like how it feels (almost) like you are paging through a real paper.

I used to never read my local paper online until I discovered the Post's Digital edition. I was about to contact my paper to tell them that they need to have an e-edition like the Post. Fortunately I poked around a bit first to discover that if I changed the settings, they already had one that I wasn't aware of!

Give it another try with the app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom