Spring Football starts March 30 | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Spring Football starts March 30

There was a Netflix documentary about his home town and football. He turned 19 i believe during the beginning of the season which made him ineligible to compete for high school football. He played as long as he could but then could not compete anymore and was just training for college. Muck City maybe, was the documentary

“4th and Forever: Muck City”

HBO Max

good watch

Last edited:
Is this seriously all we are getting this year? A few pictures ...and pictures that mean absolutely nothing?
Watched some of the FSU spring game today. Was very jealous. Hope it is not too late for Syracuse to decide to have a spring game (and to televise it and to allow fans to attend).

Is this seriously all we are getting this year? A few pictures ...and pictures that mean absolutely nothing?
You could always scour social media and try and interpret posts and tweets. You can start with the tweet from Chris Bleich tonight.

There was a Netflix documentary about his home town and football. He turned 19 i believe during the beginning of the season which made him ineligible to compete for high school football. He played as long as he could but then could not compete anymore and was just training for college. Muck City maybe, was the documentary

Just went back and re-watched. Williams’ story is episode 6. He did age out. The aging out was eye opening. Poor kid spent a lot of his childhood growing up homeless, moving around from aunts and cousins. Grew up rough on the streets. A teacher took him under her wing. The community organization that helps their athletes helped him academically to make sure he’d be eligible. Oregon, Indiana, Syracuse were mentioned. Impression was the kid by far was the area’s best player and it was interesting to see them talk NFL ability with JaVonte. Need to keep in mind how many pros they’ve produced so maybe they know something.

He only played the first 3 games which would explain the 8 catches. (278 yards (34.8 avg.) and two touchdowns)

He seems grounded, well spoken, head on his shoulders and humble. Far an away my new favorite player I hope he’s successful and makes it.

Last edited:
You'll take it, and you'll like it!
1618104552544.jpeg

In recent years I don't believe we've topped 5,000 at a spring game, so social distancing isn't a problem. It would be such a morale boost to us (the die-hards) to have that little taste of live SU football that we crave. C'mon Dino, feed us a nibble!

You could always scour social media and try and interpret posts and tweets. You can start with the tweet from Chris Bleich tonight.
Oh boy. What was it? He locked it all down.

Agree and was going to add that, but all the paranoia hasn't gotten us more wins to this point.
Dino runs a tight ship, its not because he thinks its gonna win him more games. Its just his style. Just the way he does things. He will be this way no matter how many games he wins. A lot of coaches are like that. Giving fans something to talk about on forums is not going to win him more games. Does it increase our excitement? yes but true SU supporters will be there no matter what. Has SU ticket sales really drop during Dino's tenure?

No. His twitter has always been locked. It's to keep stupid fans from following him on twitter or reposting his tweets.

And it said just what I posted... a big nothing.
Ahh, gotcha. I quoted/asked before I got to your post. My bad.

No. His twitter has always been locked. It's to keep stupid fans from following him on twitter or reposting his tweets.

And it said just what I posted... a big nothing.

These days I feel like when a college athlete tweets something it should come with the sound you get when a severe weather alert comes across the tv. Just for appropriate effect given the likely mass panic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom