St Bonaventure Gameday...

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
Syracuse vs St. Bonaventure
Tuesday, March 21, 2023 | 6:00 p.m.

Streaming: ACCNX | Will Hentschel and Jack Gordon
Radio: TK99 (99.5 FM) / WAER (88.3 FM)

Frvzu9OWwAMnYzL

Not a lot to say about this game, but figured I would try and get some sort of conversation started. The Bonnies only have one win this year, against VMI and have lost to the likes of Canisius, Cleveland State and Binghamton. I will say that they are not getting blown out of the water this year, the most goals they've given up were 15 to Robert Morris, and haven't lost by more than nine. That said the best team that they've played this year is probably Robert Morris or UMBC. One would think that Syracuse should score in the 20's and this will mostly serve as a stat boosting enterprise.

Not against scheduling games like this, as a fan it's a lot less stressful. But SU really needs to start winning games against tougher competition soon. As of now the Orange aren't close to even sniffing the NCAA tournament, as they rank a dismal 33rd in RPI (last year they finished 31st). In a perfect would I think you try and get this game scheduled in between tougher games, playing this game now, feels a little odd.

Not a lot to say about this game, but figured I would try and get some sort of conversation started. The Bonnies only have one win this year, against VMI and have lost to the likes of Canisius, Cleveland State and Binghamton. I will say that they are not getting blown out of the water this year, the most goals they've given up were 15 to Robert Morris, and haven't lost by more than nine. That said the best team that they've played this year is probably Robert Morris or UMBC. One would think that Syracuse should score in the 20's and this will mostly serve as a stat boosting enterprise.

Not against scheduling games like this, as a fan it's a lot less stressful. But SU really needs to start winning games against tougher competition soon. As of now the Orange aren't close to even sniffing the NCAA tournament, as they rank a dismal 33rd in RPI (last year they finished 31st). In a perfect would I think you try and get this game scheduled in between tougher games, playing this game now, feels a little odd.
I hear you on playing the Bonnie’s now. Seems to be in the general theme of there being a break before the end of season gauntlet. But are they going to be of such a low caliber that we feel like we are not even learning or improving in any way? That is unfortunately possible. Any team that comes in overconfident against a team hungry for a victory can get stomped. That opening run by Hofstra woke us up. Hoping we learned our lesson and don’t come out flat in this one.

Was going to post something about the game but this is one of those opponents where we should be seeing third stringers before halftime. Bonnies offense is terrible and while their Defense is OK SU should have no issue naming the score. I don't mind having a game like this at this part of the season, gives the team a chance to reload and get some of the young guys or guys who haven't seen much time some PT. If someone like Gibbs or Kempney shines, could force the staffs hand for more PT.

Caccamo - Dwan - Kol

Kirst on Attack

Simmons - Leo - Thomson 1st mids

At least until the game starts.

Sloppy on Offense, keep trying to feed teh crease when it isn't there. Faceoffs an adventure as usual. Less then stellar start.

Bonnies are trying to short stick Birtwistle and pole Rhoa. Not a good idea.

Kirst got away with procedure on that face.

Looked like he left the box early.

3-1

THOMSON from Spallina

4:57 / 1st

Fins to the left, fins to the right...

Leo continues to struggle to pass on the run. His shooting has been good lately though.

Sloppy but at least we are getting gbs every now and then

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom