St Bonaventure Gameday... | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

St Bonaventure Gameday...

I know bonnies is aweful but with some time think cohen and cordes(who did play decent amount last year) could help specially when our starters are getting tired. Have one of those two swap in for a run or two a game. Cohen is fast n seems have nice control and handle also did good to hopkins (so can play atleast). With his speed and starts beating guys can draw slide to where can dump off to our finishers. We have a lot of talent that’s for sure. Also really like beck who plays on our man down unit. Nice size and speed.

Well onto hobart saturday which hopefully they come out and put it on them also and go into dame game with some ummm i don’t know something lol. Cause after hobart it’s gonna be non stop big time games and needing wins.

I know bonnies is aweful but with some time think cohen and cordes(who did play decent amount last year) could help specially when our starters are getting tired. Have one of those two swap in for a run or two a game. Cohen is fast n seems have nice control and handle also did good to hopkins (so can play atleast). With his speed and starts beating guys can draw slide to where can dump off to our finishers. We have a lot of talent that’s for sure. Also really like beck who plays on our man down unit. Nice size and speed.
go to hopkins not good.

Because we play 6 middies.

Who do you sit from the 1st or 2nd line to play him?
cook i would. Had his time to do something. Kempney feel would do same thing cook does but has higher ceiling cause he is young.

Also there’s a lot of teams that play more then 6 middies. Duke and uva both play more. Yes they use their main 6 a lot more but do throw a diff guy in now and again. Changes look and matchups at times. Could be like how years back we went to rephfus in unc game we came back to win cause of what he changed.

Not saying with game on line do it. But during first half of games yes would throw guy in on 2nd line here and there. Sometimes a simple change of person and how they play can spark something. The last 5 games are gonna be hard and brutal think throwing fresh legs in now again can’t hurt. Specially when their younger guys getting sometime for the next year.

Not sure anyone got any better today.

More time playing together for a young and new team. Better then a regular practice and with a tough stretch run coming the more experience playing together the better. What this team lacks is experience so the more game experience no matter who they play is always a plus. Also they had fun today u can see that.

also really don’t understand why kempney isn’t even getting any runs.

Kempney was with the second mid and was really bad one game and got dropped to the third line. He won't stay there forever, but right now he isn't considered a top 6 mid (or top 9 offensive player)

Liked to see the wings battle it out and win some contested gbs. That’s…about it.

Love Rice but I'll be honest he just doesn't have a knack for Gbs. He's been out there every game and I think he's gotten maybe 2 GBs all season at wing. Would rather see them try someone else.

Kempney was with the second mid and was really bad one game and got dropped to the third line. He won't stay there forever, but right now he isn't considered a top 6 mid (or top 9 offensive player)

Yes, last time he had regular playing time he had three turnovers, which is really pretty rare. In hindsight it probably would have been better to redshirt him but it is what it is. You can tell he has a ton of potential, just needs his head to catch up with his athletic abilities.

St. Bonaventure goaltending stats: 22 goals allowed, 4 saves, .154 save percentage. I've never seen a stat line like that before.

Feel like this is a good warm up game for the trophy this weekend
Started out a little slow pick it up in the second half
Like seeing Luke Rhoa get a couple goals tonight
Simmons seems to be More comfortable at mid. His shot starting to look better.
We got to see what the other two face-off kids could do.. guess Johnny and Fine are our best two options.
Player I was most surprised with is Cohen. Nice speed nice eyes nice hands good game for him.

A few random thoughts ...

Watching the game, I did not think Spallina played particularly well. He was stripped of the ball at least twice and seemed unable to beat his man 1v1. That said, I look at the score sheet after the game and he led the team in scoring with six points. Credit to him for finding ways to influence the game when he's struggling in other facets. Plus he only took four shots, so he didn't take away from his teammates. Not sure what it will take for him to be a guy who is constantly beating his man, but he's shown to be a very smart and crafty player regardless. He had a ton of pressure entering the season and I'd say he's playing about as well as anyone could have hoped.

Credit to Richiusa for winning 10-17 face-offs. They didn't play particularly strong teams, but the one thing the Bonnies did pretty well coming into the game last night was win face-offs. I think they were winning in the high 50s before last night. Richiusa went on a run in the third quarter and, what do you know the Orange offense put the game away.

My first time watching extended minutes of Billy Dwan. He got beat once for a goal early in the game, then the following possession was beat again, though the Bonnies failed to score. He'll have to improve in that area, but overall you have to be excited by a defender with that kind of build. Nick Caccamo played well last night - credited with three caused turnovers including two in which he just dismantled the opposing attackman. He was averaging about two caused turnovers a game last year, this year he only has 12 in nine games. Hopefully he can boost that number as the season progresses.

John Cohen did indeed have himself a game. I think I have this right, but his first four touches of the game led to one goal, two assists and drew at least one penalty. You can't be any more productive than that. And his goal was darn good as well. Yes it was at the end of a lopsided game, but if he were a hotshot freshmen, or even a kid who stood above six feet tall I'm sure we would all be clamoring for him to get more playing time. No idea if he will or not. Jacob Buttermore scored three goals at the end of a blowout win over Colgate years ago and parlayed that into more playing time the next year.

Pretty funny stat.
What’s totally insane is that he is on the man up unit and it’s not like he is just a crease guy either. He passes it around the outside a ton and it seems almost impossible that he hasn’t been the last guy to pass before someone rips a shot. It’s hilarious. Don’t think he is selfish in any way. Klay Thompson type stats

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom