St Johns Game Thread... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

St Johns Game Thread...

Seriously sit Richardson. This guy is an absolute trainwreck since Atlantis.

Joseph actually did some nice things creating for others on two consecutive possessions. Too bad DC is weak af around the rim and Roberson can't make free throws today.
Have to sit him. He is not even close on his shots.

I really hope Chris Mullin didn't misspell his own name on that scorecard they showed.

All we do is shoot jumpers. We will be prone to long droughts and giving up big runs all year if we continue to just fire away even when we're cold without ever getting to the basket or going inside.

I wouldn't call Roberson disinterested, the hustle is there. He just shows no emotion.

I wouldn't call Roberson disinterested, the hustle is there. He just shows no emotion.

I think the problem is he doesn't have good offensive instincts with the ball. No real knack for what to do with it and how to finish when he drives.

This is who I picture everytime they say St. Johns' PGs name.
Vizzini-Princess-Bride1.jpg

I think the problem is he doesn't have good offensive instincts with the ball. No real knack for what to do with it and how to finish when he drives.
Agreed. His strongest offensive weapon is rebounding, otherwise he's clueless.

Wish Kaleb was getting more run, he looked good when he was in earlier.

It's painful, because he seems like a "light bulb" guy. Every few games we see a move where it looks like he could be more fluid - then it's all, 4 hard pounds into the ground and an awkward take to the rim.

Kaleb or Howard not being in over Roberson or Richardson right now is extremely questionnable. Howard hasn't even seen the floor and Kaleb was out there for 4 minutes.

Roberson is a disaster today. Coleman cannot finish down low.

It's painful, because he seems like a "light bulb" guy. Every few games we see a move where it looks like he could be more fluid - then it's all, 4 hard pounds into the ground and an awkward take to the rim.
The weird part is he seems to play more relaxed in bigger games.

Coleman needs to stay on the block. We might get an offensive rebound or drive and dish. His big body can also allow our guards to rub off him.

He sually has his best games vs. the best opponents. Roberson is what he is, he's a good piece to a team that has a lot of offensive weapons.

We are an average team that is three point reliant.

Not sure why people think differently.

Rebounding was always going to be a problem. Inside scoring was always going to be a problem. Streaky shooting was always going to be a problem.

Agree about substitutions.

I think this team would be better off with BJ (assuming he developed a bit this offseason) than Joseph. With the way we sub we're never going to develop KJ or Howard. Johnson would have given us more options to have him play SG/SF only as a reserve, and Howard would be getting the bulk of the back-up PG minutes. What we're doing now - well, it's just a little puzzling at times.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom