St Johns Game Thread... | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

St Johns Game Thread...

That steal at the end of the half was reminiscent of the A&M game...would have been a big shot from Cooney

We should win this because Lydon/G in the second half - we should be able to get Lydon shots easily, and St. Johns ain't great, but that first half, wow.

St Johns playing the best game of their season and we are playing about the worst we can. Getting out rebounded by over 10 and only down 9.

That steal at the end of the half was reminiscent of the A&M game...would have been a big shot from Cooney

Have to see the replay - did they have time to be cutting to the rim for the easy deuce or was a defender in place?

St Johns playing the best game of their season and we are playing about the worst we can. Getting out rebounded by over 10 and only down 9.
"only down 9"? 9 is a lot

DC gotta let G know that defender is coming behind him.
Richardson was right in front of the play and said nothing. He's been dreadful in the first half. This is when the zone doesn't work. SJU would have a hard time scoring against a decent man to man. They can't dribble and can only shoot standing still. There's no pressure on them. I would press and trap the hell out of them and then see what kind decisions they would make. The last play of the half shows what happens when you pressure their little guard.

Cooney was down the list of things wrong in that first half

Yeah, he was pretty invisible after going to the bench and coming back in, but played fine overall - and started quite well IMO. We had far bigger issues with how SF-C played/contributed overall.

Despicable. Something has to change. Figure it out. They get out rebounded by 20-30+ every game. No way can you win like that when you play good teams, let alone the worst P5 team in hoops. If you cant rebound out of your defense, something needs to change. Whether it be the defense/personnel, IDK. I am not the coach, but no way can you objectively watch a basketball team get outrebounded by 20-30+ and not think a change is needed.

One problem, I don't see Hop lighting them up at halftime the way JB would.

Despicable. Something has to change. Figure it out. They get out rebounded by 20-30+ every game. No way can you win like that when you play good teams, let alone the worst P5 team in hoops. If you cant rebound out of your defense, something needs to change. Whether it be the defense/personnel, IDK. I am not the coach, but no way can you objectively watch a basketball team get outrebounded by 20-30+ and not think a change is needed.
There isn't much we can do about it. We are very small upfront. mali is a 2 playing the 3. lydon is a 3/4 playing the 5. even roberson is small for a 4. And dc just can't move.

Yeah, he was pretty invisible after going to the bench and coming back in, but played fine overall - and started quite well IMO. We had far bigger issues with how SF-C played/contributed overall.
I'm just glad he isnt chucking today. Too bad Mali decided to take that into his own hands.

Rebounds 21 to 13,
St Johns 50% Cuse 30% we are breaking their defense down just not finishing.
Only 8 shots made 5 from gbinije.

I think Howard could do well in this type of game. I know St Johns is young and misses all kinds of assignments but he could create in the lane and we could use his rebounding.

Robersons tentitive quiet minded nature showing off more then ever, Let's Go CUSE!

You can't tell me Coleman and Lyndon can't post up against these guys. We have not thrown the ball into the post the entire first half. That's a major problem. They don't even move against the zone. Just stay with the man in your area and don't leave. Stop running all over the place in the zone. It's a waste of energy. We're guarding air instead of players.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom