SU Announces National Search for Women's Head Coach | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

SU Announces National Search for Women's Head Coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
If its FLJ she needs to do everything in her power to get Deyiesha Fair to transfer here. Aswell as trying to keep Priscilla and Hyman. Those 3 would be huge building blocks for the rebuild.

If its FLJ she needs to do everything in her power to get Deyiesha Fair to transfer here. Aswell as trying to keep Priscilla and Hyman. Those 3 would be huge building blocks for the rebuild.
Dyaisha will come with her. I wonder if Woolley comes too.

Domedude3, so the FLJ hire is a done deal?? She's signed her contract and is without a doubt the next CuseWBB HC...?

illestcuse I do have an honest question for you though: if FLJ does get it, are you gonna be disappointed? I know you have your hopes for another hire and I truly understand your worries if they go that direction. But will you actually be upset?

Absolutely never said that!
Okay, just wanted to make sure because the way you were wording your responses sounded like it was a done deal with you saying Dyaisha Fair was coming with her here. And to answer your other question with 100% honesty-- yes, I will be disappointed, but there is nothing I can do but just wait and see how good (or not) of a job she would be able to do here. If FLJ were the next HC, I feel like ADJW limited his search and might have had his SU Alumni bias hat on throughout the vetting process. It's just too predictable of a hire. I feel like there were several other younger coaches listed in this thread who would take Syracuse to higher heights than FLJ can, but that's just my opinion of course.

Okay, just wanted to make sure because the way you were wording your responses sounded like it was a done deal with you saying Dyaisha Fair was coming with her here. And to answer your other question with 100% honesty-- yes, I will be disappointed, but there is nothing I can do but just wait and see how good (or not) of a job she would be able to do here. If FLJ were the next HC, I feel like ADJW limited his search and might have had his SU Alumni bias hat on throughout the vetting process. It's just too predictable of a hire. I feel like there were several other younger coaches listed in this thread who would take Syracuse to higher heights than FLJ can, but that's just my opinion of course.
And if that happens, hopefully ADJW doesn't do the same thing and stay Orange on the Men's side.

And if that happens, hopefully ADJW doesn't do the same thing and stay Orange on the Men's side.
Couldn't agree with that statement any more!!! This hire should be a tell tale sign of what ADJW has planned for the men's team once JB retires. I don't wanna get yelled at by O79 haha, but what I will say on that matter is Red and GMac need to prove themselves at another/lower level school before they should even be considered for a higher profile job like Syracuse will be.

Couldn't agree with that statement any more!!! This hire should be a tell tale sign of what ADJW has planned for the men's team once JB retires. I don't wanna get yelled at by O79 haha, but what I will say on that matter is Red and GMac need to prove themselves at another/lower level school before they should even be considered for a higher profile job like Syracuse will be.
Yelling is such a harsh word.

I prefer gentle persuasion. :)

I agree there is concerns with promoting from within on the mens side however JB is going to get to pick. ADJW just needs to only guarantee a two year contract to start. If they are successful they get an extension if not no large buy out.

I agree there is concerns with promoting from within on the mens side however JB is going to get to pick. ADJW just needs to only guarantee a two year contract to start. If they are successful they get an extension if not no large buy out.

Maybe, but I am guessing that whomever is hired will get more than two years. Dino is about to start his 7th year of trying to be successful. You can debate whether 7 years has been too many but the fact is that the hoops hire will get more than two years unless it becomes an absolute and apparent trainwreck.

Thank you for posting the link. Just my opinion...Brent Ax doesn't cover women's bball so his knowledge of the program is suspect at best. He would be one of the last people I would take advice from regarding who the next coach should be.

Thank you for posting the link. Just my opinion...Brent Ax doesn't cover women's bball so his knowledge of the program is suspect at best. He would be one of the last people I would take advice from regarding who the next coach should be.
Exactly. I’m not sure he can name any other legitimate candidates besides FLJ, no disrespect to her.

Yes, he doesn't even bother to mention any other coaches that might be good for the job.
That's because he doesn't know anything about women's basketball. I doubt he has any idea who any of the good young coaches are out there.
This hire can't be a short term fix. We need someone who can come in and build this program to compete with Louisville, N C State, Notre Dame on a yearly basis. Q got close with the final four run, but that's where the program needs to go.

Maybe, but I am guessing that whomever is hired will get more than two years. Dino is about to start his 7th year of trying to be successful. You can debate whether 7 years has been too many but the fact is that the hoops hire will get more than two years unless it becomes an absolute and apparent trainwreck.
Agreed. Some of the nonsense posted in this thread is hard to believe.

Players want to sign with a program where they know the head coach will be there during their entire playing career.

No respectable college program is going to hire a new coach with a 2 year contract. Doing that makes it almost impossible for the new coach to recruit and almost ensures they will fail.

The question on contract length is more are we going with 4 years or 5 years?

I also wonder if Brent is getting asked by someone outside the program to write these articles. It wouldn't surprise me if he's getting some cash and tips from someone who has a vested interest - and I'm not saying it's FLJ. Could be an alumnus or doner to the program.

I also wonder if Brent is getting asked by someone outside the program to write these articles. It wouldn't surprise me if he's getting some cash and tips from someone who has a vested interest - and I'm not saying it's FLJ. Could be an alumnus or doner to the program.

Brent wants to drive traffic to his radio show every week.

You all know FLJ is my pick, but I actually wouldn’t take Brent’s advice on much of anything.

ED75BDA7-3B00-4D04-B854-E1537B1259C3.gif

Agreed. Some of the nonsense posted in this thread is hard to believe.

Players want to sign with a program where they know the head coach will be there during their entire playing career.

No respectable college program is going to hire a new coach with a 2 year contract. Doing that makes it almost impossible for the new coach to recruit and almost ensures they will fail.

The question on contract length is more are we going with 4 years or 5 years?
Would at least give the new coach 5 years, time enough to build a solid base.
The Recruting class for 2022 is done. The 2023 class probably to far behind to get anyone really good.
So 2024 is the first chance to really get some good recruits. You are in your 3rd year at that time.

Would at least give the new coach 5 years, time enough to build a solid base.
The Recruting class for 2022 is done. The 2023 class probably to far behind to get anyone really good.
So 2024 is the first chance to really get some good recruits. You are in your 3rd year at that time.

I’d be way less concerned about “recruiting classes” for the next 2+ seasons, and focus more on how well does the new coach backfill roster holes via the portal.

As was stated, the ship has mostly sailed on quality HS croots for the next 2 seasons.

I’d be way less concerned about “recruiting classes” for the next 2+ seasons, and focus more on how well does the new coach backfill roster holes via the portal.

As was stated, the ship has mostly sailed on quality HS croots for the next 2 seasons.
Agree. Going to have to be similar to what we did this past season and what Iowa State men did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom