SU players who transferred thread | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

SU players who transferred thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Using that as a strict definition there are no point forwards anywhere. I can’t think of one SU player ever nor any player anywhere off the top of my head that a forward was the best ball handler, was responsible for bringing the ball up court and facilitate the offense. That player doesn’t exist unless we’re talking Magic. Historically when people have used the term point forward they have typically used it generally for a player that helped doing those things when needed and was a good passer who the offense would run through often to make the right pass to the right player/place. That definition takes the term point forward too literally.
Royce White when he was at Iowa State was the definition of a point forward in my recollection. I recall him being their main ballhandler at 6'8 or so.

With all due respect, why are ppl saying “with all due respect” so much in this thread? It’s weird. Stop it.

Christopher Reeve Reaction GIF

With all due respect, why are ppl saying “with all due respect” so much in this thread? It’s weird. Stop it.

I’ve seen it in a few other threads too. Seems like some people want to dumb down or mock the board. Won’t happen.

I’ve seen it in a few other threads too. Seems like some people want to dumb down or mock the board. Won’t happen.

fwiw, I was first that said in this thead and I meant it. I like the poster who made the comment I didn’t want to offend him.

agreed that we wouldnt want to dumb down the board.
*insert wacky crying meme*

fwiw, I was first that said in this thead and I meant it. I like the poster who made the comment I didn’t want to offend him.

agreed that we wouldnt want to dumb down the board.
*insert wacky crying meme*

Yours wasn’t a big deal. Seems to have become a trend.

I just went to the end and haven't read the whole thing but a persona non grata is Goodine at Prov. He's another one buried on bench. A 3-point shooter who can't shoot. A bad combination.

Last edited:
I am watching games today and can't believe all the transfers musical chairs. Jordan Goldwire, who started most of his career at Duke, is at Oklahoma. Fats Russell, an awesome guard at URI (was blocking Carey there) is on Maryland. I can't keep up with all this movement.

This isn't specifically about Syracuse, but I do wonder if a high percentage guys struggle in new locations this season that the rate of transfers will decrease next offseason.

The rate will automatically decrease because it was only a one time exemption, and while all this year's frosh will have the exemption available to them, inherently less sophomores and juniors will have this available this offseason.

But I also agree that players will learn from this, and some will decide to stay. Coaches who are helpful to those who are considering transferring will probably have data on their side to make their case.

looks like richmond made the wrong decision by transferring to seton hall to get more playing time . seton hall went nine deep in their win over michigan. they look pretty darn good right now. kadary got 0pts,4rebs and 2 assts. 20min.

Kadary not out there vs Ohio St. I was one of his biggest defenders on here. Not good

Kadary not out there vs Ohio St. I was one of his biggest defenders on here. Not good

He’s been awful and they made their run against Michigan and Ohio State with him planted on the bench. I’ve watched Seton Hall a bunch and the other guards are better. K can’t shoot and is actually pretty poor defensively. Not sure what he does well right now. 1-7 tonight, 2 points and 4 fouls. Token starter but not the finisher.

Cuse

1-7 with 2 points and 3 assists. Aiken is getting all of the crunch time minutes over him.
And 4 fouls.

OK State up by 2 against Charleston with 3 minutes left in the 1st half - OK State has played 9 guys and Woody wasn’t one of them

There’s something up with KR. A couple people picked up on it last year. He’s rather aloof and not really all that emotional. It’s almost like he’s not that interested in playing. Wonder if that translates into his practice habits / conditioning.

He’s been flat out awful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors