SU Students planning a "White Out" for Liberty | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

SU Students planning a "White Out" for Liberty

4 pages about the students who, from what I can tell, have done a solid job showing up this year.

They meet with the AD. They organize. They show up. We complain.

<Insert old man screaming at clouds gif>

We have plenty of other issues to worry about. Like if the world stops spinning on its axis and we all get flung off into outer space if someone on our team gets to wear 44.

I kinda feel like we’re a copycat school.

But on the other hand, I’m also glad to see the students are still engaged. In these leaner years, they’ve sometimes checked out early after games like Rutgers.

I guess I’ll take copycat over nothing.
I think you can build on copycating. Start with other schools’ stuff, then after the base is more energized, new stuff is more organic.

Can fans sell their Name, Image and Likeness? How do we get someone to sponsor Otto’s Army? Every official member gets a cut! Student participation would go through the roof!

Can we play JUMP AROUND after the 3rd quarter as Wisconsin does

Let's take the best traditions from every school while we are at it and just do them, why not.

Enter Sandman when the team comes out like VT does

Can we get the bandleader guy to come out like the guy at Ohio St who dots the "I". I mean we don't have an "I" in SU, Syracuse, or Orange. Maybe when they form the shape of NY State he can march to where Syracuse is located in the state and do it then, march to that location.

Oh, how about the IOWA one where they turn around and wave to the kids in the hospital, crap we play indoors not sure that one will work. Ok scratch that till we figure how we can co-op that idea somehow.

Let's take the best traditions from every school while we are at it and just do them, why not.

Can we get the bandleader guy to come out like the guy at Ohio St who dots the "I". I mean we don't have an "I" in SU, Syracuse, or Orange. Maybe when they form the shape of NY State he can march to where Syracuse is located in the state and do it then, march to that location.
We are already doing “Sweet Caroline.”
The Office Reaction GIF

Oh, how about the IOWA one where they turn around and wave to the kids in the hospital, crap we play indoors not sure that one will work. Ok scratch that till we figure how we can co-op that idea somehow.
I’ve been in that Dot the I kick for years! We play NY,NY and the “S” logo is intentionally right where SU is located. Select a random studen every game, and let them run out there and act like a nut. Or select a small group if alums and let them jog out - yes, we are old - to do a kick line. Just have fun with it. Screw Ohio state if they think we ripped them off. “We did! What are you going to do about it!?”

I can confirm members of Otto’s Army meet regularly with the SUAD.

John Wildhack has, IMHO, consistently prioritized the needs of the students for football and basketball and really wants students at the games, having fun, supporting their athletes. I believe he and the chancellor are strongly aligned on this.
Excellent.

Someone mentioned we should get a sponsor to supply orange towels, or pom poms etc... Other than Camping World, has an athletic director been able to organize this at home?

A couple of years ago, I watched a basketball game, where Illinois [the home team] did an "orange out."

Despite having a "smaller" arena than the Dome, the effect was pretty cool -- it looked something like this:

1632319943893.png

I brought it up on the forum, suggesting it would be a cool thing to emulate, but got a lot of push back form posters who preferred to wear dark blue SU-themed gear. Some attendees don't even wear SU gear at all [oddly enough] -- so I doubt that we'd be able to coordinate something like this on a grand scale.

To me, that's the inhibiting factor.

Now, white doesn't seem all that original due to the Penn State correlation, but whatever. If they can pull it off, it's better than nothing. And if it gets a few more extra fans to show up, then even better.

A couple of years ago, I watched a basketball game, where Illinois [the home team] did an "orange out."

Despite having a "smaller" arena than the Dome, the effect was pretty cool -- it looked something like this:

View attachment 206576

I brought it up on the forum, suggesting it would be a cool thing to emulate, but got a lot of push back form posters who preferred to wear dark blue SU-themed gear. Some attendees don't even wear SU gear at all [oddly enough] -- so I doubt that we'd be able to coordinate something like this on a grand scale.

Now, white doesn't seem all that original due to the Penn State correlation, but whatever. If they can pull it off, it's better than nothing. And if it gets a few more extra fans to show up, then even better.

Im showing up in my white/grey bleached Syracuse shirt

I know we all prefer orange and I do to….but if we can help with the students and getting people to wear white Friday…..maybe we should give it a shot.

Maybe the students will get even more involved. Who knows
I’m in, that’s if I can find a whitish one in my extensive Cuse wardrobe!.

View attachment 206576

Initially, I was why the heck white and not orange?

Then I realized our hometown HS students always wear Black, despite the team having blue in their name. I never questioned it, because it looks pretty cool. Better than Blue. The rival team fans? They're blue, as well, but they always wear white. That looks pretty cool, too. (Its a whole spy vs spy thing going on)

While I'd prefer it was Orange, anything the students want to do together to support the team? I'll take it.

View attachment 206576

We’ve had Orange outs before that went pretty well.

In particular I remember the 2005 Notre Dame game, which at the time was our biggest crowd ever. There was a great two page shot in the front of Sports Illustrated, and it was a sea of orange. Looked great.

all right so here's the question...do we ALL show up in white? All meaning the fine messers at least.

LOL I think I owned one white SU shirt my entire life and god knows where that thing is now. Will likely be wearing orange, if the student sec wants to do a white out good for them but 85% of the those attending Fri have no idea this is happening and will certainly not be wearing white.

I’ve been in that Dot the I kick for years! We play NY,NY and the “S” logo is intentionally right where SU is located. Select a random studen every game, and let them run out there and act like a nut. Or select a small group if alums and let them jog out - yes, we are old - to do a kick line. Just have fun with it. Screw Ohio state if they think we ripped them off. “We did! What are you going to do about it!?”
Somewhere Orange Chuck and the WaterBoy are waving their hands frantically to volunteer to do this.

As someone that loves Sweet Caroline, I was so pissed at that point at the Rutgers game I couldn’t even enjoy it :(
I get pissed when I hear it at Red Sox games. I like to remind them that Neil Diamond is a New Yorker.

I get pissed when I hear it at Red Sox games. I like to remind them that Neil Diamond is a New Yorker.

Ahem, a Brooklynite. Important distinction there. Graduated from Erasmus (alma mater of Grandpa OttoMets).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom