SU-VT Thread | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

SU-VT Thread

"Dribble drive." Is that not redundant? Is there another way to drive?

The fact were down 1 is amazing, were shooting like 12% from 3.

I agree with that. But, defense can be inconsistent just like offense. The thing about the zone is that beating it doesn't require actual talent. it's just about the scheme. No one has to use talent to beat a defender 1 on 1. They just have to make the right simple passes. Jump shooters never have to do anything other than catch the ball and shoot, because the work was done by the two passes before he gets it. And, interior stuff - they just need one pass to any spot near the free throw line, and then we have two or more players converging, leaving the baseline open. Layup. If we have an actually shot blocker, or better defensive center in the game, it's more difficult to do that. But, we have Lydon. And a thin bench, so we can't even be aggressive in trying to defend once they get the ball to the FT line or try to shoot in the lane.
Cant disagree there.

Come on every time we get down 1 we let them get a layup or a wide open 3.

C'mon, we got two 5th year guys in the backcourt - this is the game where they need to bail us out. One of them needs to deliver (or both)!!!

LGO!

Can we not get the lead one damn time

They literally score everytime we get within 1, every single time.

Maybe missing the free throw was good then - down 2 now. At least we can tie.

Richardson...blocked. BLAH.

At this point I'd be okay watching Howard shoot threes. :(

Maybe missing the free throw was good then - down 2 now. At least we can tie.

Richardson...blocked. BLAH.

At this point I'd be okay watching Howard shoot threes. :(

Nope. Now down 5.

Maybe the most frustrating game since Butler. All we need is a suplex to cap it.

We are 16-26 at the line in a game we are down 5. Good god

Could use some Dajuan to bump some in the middle and open some driving lanes if they play blackshear.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom