SU-VT Thread | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

SU-VT Thread

Richardson takes some of the worst shots ive ever seen

He thought they were calling fouls. He jumped into the defender and shot that with no time on the clock. Tough to beat him up on that one.

I expect them to not give up countless open layups.

That IS what expect to see, when we play a team that knows how to play against a zone (Buzz' teams), and we too often have a skinny freshman small forward at center. It's a zone. It moves, and if the offense knows how to move it where it wants, there are holes. VT is a team of nobodies, but they are putting the ball in the right places. I'd rather look at individuals and individual plays and ask what could/should have happened, not just make general statements about too many shots being given up. It's not like they're sleepwalking out there. They're just being beaten.

That IS what expect to see, when we play a team that knows how to play against a zone (Buzz' teams), and we too often have a skinny freshman small forward at center. It's a zone. It moves, and if the offense knows how to move it where it wants, there are holes. VT is a team of nobodies, but they are putting the ball in the right places. I'd rather look at individuals and individual plays and ask what could/should have happened, not just make general statements about too many shots being given up. It's not like they're sleepwalking out there. They're just being beaten.
Cool, but I disagree. We've played much better D against much better competition.

Richardson from Manley, didnt need that. Our guards are spazing out there.

CorduroyG said:
Lydon may as well be invisible on D

3 fouls and DC is not an option.

This is our season. Lose and we need to win the next 2 which is unlikely if wd cant beat VT at home

The offense tonight has been putrid.

Why not dish that to the TRAILER!!!!!!!!!

Cool, but I disagree. We've played much better D against much better competition.

I agree with that. But, defense can be inconsistent just like offense. The thing about the zone is that beating it doesn't require actual talent. it's just about the scheme. No one has to use talent to beat a defender 1 on 1. They just have to make the right simple passes. Jump shooters never have to do anything other than catch the ball and shoot, because the work was done by the two passes before he gets it. And, interior stuff - they just need one pass to any spot near the free throw line, and then we have two or more players converging, leaving the baseline open. Layup. If we have an actually shot blocker, or better defensive center in the game, it's more difficult to do that. But, we have Lydon. And a thin bench, so we can't even be aggressive in trying to defend once they get the ball to the FT line or try to shoot in the lane.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom