Summer Workouts | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Summer Workouts

We've had good outcomes with most of the players who've participated in this summer tour [with the notable recent exception of Jalen Carey]. But most benefit from the experience.

Williams needs game experience. This will help provide that, to set him up for a bigger role as s sophomore. At least, on paper. ; )
And he needs confidence. Hopefully he plays well and can build on that.

They want him to learn to compete and not get by on his natural ability.
Absolutely. I'm just saying this vital time between now and season starting for forming bonds with teammates (especially new ones) is as important for Benny/team as him playing with that squad in Europe is

Last edited:
lol because yeah that's what summer workouts/season prep is
The difference between playing international teams and scrimmaging against players who have yet to suit up for college play is immense.

Scrimmaging against the new guys doesn't prepare/challenge you the same way. "Beating up the new guys" may have been overstating it, but it is still a good point!

lol because yeah that's what summer workouts/season prep is
This year’s freshman heavy team needs leadership and game production from its’ few experienced players. Any player knows that there’s a big difference between summer workouts and game time conditioning, situations and pressure. Great additional experience for Benny which in his absence will give the incoming freshman also a different experience in scrimmages/workouts.

I've done a poor job explaining what I mean, so I'll just drop it.
TL;DR version: Every day of summer bonding (on-court/off-court) is vital for a new group preparing for a season.
Summer session is important but Benny already has a year of playing with the returners and has known/played with Justin Taylor, Judah Mintz, and Maliq Brown before they committed. Benny going on an international trip (just like Jesse) isn’t the end of the world and beneficial for his indivudal development.

BA
TL;DR version: Every day of summer bonding (on-court/off-court) is vital for a new group preparing for a season.
BS. It's not the Navy Seals.

Send them to Fort Drum to play soldier.

BA

BS. It's not the Navy Seals.
I think this last season has poisoned a lot of brains. People have to crap all over anything positive that happens.

Wow Cole is playing great.

Actually he will just be the 15th man and get no minutes

Awesome Benny is on an all team that gets to travel

Well actually he is missing out on key bonding time.

These threads have so much negativity they are getting unreadable

I see some biceps on Benny.

51AB19A9-F28E-4D4D-AAF8-947DF80E4E6A.jpeg

I think this last season has poisoned a lot of brains. People have to crap all over anything positive that happens.

Wow Cole is playing great.

Actually he will just be the 15th man and get no minutes

Awesome Benny is on an all team that gets to travel

Well actually he is missing out on key bonding time.

These threads have so much negativity they are getting unreadable
It’s the dog days of summer- folks are a little bent. With CR hanging over our heads like a proverbial sword, and a dismal showing by the AD last season, in all areas, it’s a little understandable.
We want, nay we NEED , some good sports news….if not any news period. Next year will be pivotal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom